Sign in to follow this  
Philosoraptor

Lost Interest?

21 minutes ago, boomervoncannon said:

There are many many fair criticisms of this development team. Given that the game was literally not announced at all until 6 weeks before EA launch in an industry where months and months of pre release hype and advertising is the norm, whereas in contrast Grapecard did one EA trailer and let streamers do one preview weekend; and further given that they specified very clearly that the game would be in EA for 2 years, I do not think saying they are trying to handle and hype it like a released game is one of them.

Just my two doubloons.

sure they said it will be in EA for 2 years but yet they are calling 1.5 the relaunch of atlas, promise of monthly content updates...dunno it might also just be that a lot of ppl myself included didn't expect an EA with wipes but an EA with bugs that gets better over time (yes because they did so in ark:P) and most are bitter that they did not go this route.

more important is that i care for the game and want it to succeed but there is just so many EA games noone plays because of wipes and when it finally launches noone cares anymore...i mean they are making a relaunch of the game as they call it, do you really think ppl will stick thru another wipe? atlas will be no fun with too few ppl, games like this needs a decent population and they are gambling with their population big time. the numbers playing now show this quite clear and i for one think you can't say this often enough.

10 hours ago, Martyn said:

But.. it wasn't his hand they cut off..

It was what he put in it.

Now that's out of the way..

I left Atlas before the wipe was announced, mainly because I was being exploited by people I could do nothing about, I didn't see the point in even continuing.  I think the biggest kicker from the wipe saga wasn't so much the announcement of the wipe itself, but the audacity of Grapeshot to turn a pve server into a pvp one.. until the end for the wipe.  That's what drove everyone else away, people would have continued to play pve I think, if it was pve.  Instead they just made all the exploiting and exploiters acceptable.  It's almost as if they were saying sorry to the pvpers who were playing on the pve servers using exploits and cheats to pvp.  There are a few choice words I'd like to use here, but swearing never gets me very far in a conversation.

ezgif-5-4b41cb3557ae.gif

Edited by MindOfMadness
  • Haha 1