Sign in to follow this  
Salty Jack

Better build you base fast on the PVE server....

I think what he is referring to is that we are supposed to have a resource box to repair our structures on a island similar to a ships but if you live on lawless it will be similar to how it is now and you will have to log in and upkeep it every 4 days but I thought I read something about making it harder to settle on a lawless island.

5 hours ago, Amy3 said:

You guys are really doomsaying unreasonably here.

If people pillar spam hugely, you can build all you want in lawless where pillar spam is no longer realistically possible

If you want to own land, it's pretty much impossible to stop you since there won't be enough people to claim all the islands and it won't actually be possible for the entire world to be claimed, with the new caps

The end

There will be somewhere around 950 islands.  Well, at least that's what they indicated...with 40% more being added to what's there now.  So if the ptr is 1/3 normal size that'll be around 320 or so.  It'll be interesting to see how the points work and how many islands the megas can claim.  Also will be interesting to see if player numbers go back up after the wipe.

The repair structure is specifically designed FOR lawless pve, don't get it twisted dude from last page

Amy I remember reading about it but I didn’t realize that it was specifically designed for lawless. I was thinking they were going to be making lawless harder to settle as they originally intended.

When Amy says specifically lawless pve I think she means when PvE was meant to be lawless-esque, i.e. with no land claiming, rather than actual lawless.

But there is still going to be a resource structure for structure decay on PvE as it is needed to keep servers from filling up with structures left by inactive players.

Yeh but also maybe some kind of auto repair, which if it runs from say lockers with resources near your buildings, then even inactive buildings could be around for awhile.

Lawless Servers

• Will continue to operate like normal, no islands on these servers can be claimed.
  • Reduced structure placement rules
  • Damage decay added over time on all structures

PvE Network

• No claim flags
  • Damage decay overtime added to all structures
  • A new auto-repair structure which players will need to upkeep to prevent structures from being destroyed by decay.

Lawless isn't supposed to be hard to settle, it is a viable place for new people to hang out in and you can stay as long as you want as long as you are willing to play by the rules

What isn't intended is entire islands getting pillar spammed by one person, which was why you had the lawless-only structure radius reduction stealth change and then when that didn't solve the problem enough they stealth reduced structure radius AGAIN, by a gigantic 50% each time

Lawless is absolutely an option for people to live in, but the nature of the auto-repper means that if you want to pillar a whole lawless island you will need to maintain a disgusting amount of structures and making it that annoying will ensure that way fewer people do it

The only reason lawless is going to be irrelevant on pve is that pve is going to have so few players that anyone who actually wants land will be able to get it. The other servers will have few players too, but those pvp servers don't have the same claim limits pve will. Lawless is not actually straight-up intended to be irrelevant or impossible to settle in