Sign in to follow this  
Tiberius_theron

How does PVE land claiming work now?

So how does building and claiming actually work in PVE now? Is it really like lawless? This alone will determine whether or not my community returns.

In the Captain's Log 23 dated 3/8/19 it stated the claiming system will be a modified version of the PVP system.

With the Mega March update, the claim systems on PvE will change from being lawless-esqe servers to the following:

• Use the same claim system as PvP, but remove the raidable hours and war aspect. This means that players will be able to claim islands, and anyone can build on those settlements. Each settlement will have an upkeep cost which is based on a variety of factors such as the islands ranking, the number of settlements that company has, and how many different companies are building on the settlement. Settlement owners will be able to set a tax rate, and also players will be able to place their player run shops on the claimed land.

However, we are planning some PvE specific changes

• We’ll be imposing a hard limit of Claim Points equivalent to one small island for single players.
  • Companies will be able to own multiple settlements, but there will be a hard limit and it will be based on Island Points and the number of players who are currently in that company. This means that larger companies will have access to more ‘Claim Points’ and are therefore able to settle on more islands with higher rankings, however, we will still be imposing a relatively low cap.
  • Company alliances will no longer be enabled on PvE servers. We understand that there are some legitimate use cases, however, in this sandbox environment, we believe they will primarily be used to game the system and get past company rules/limitations. We recognize that this may impact how trading communication takes place on PvE servers and we are looking into an alternative option for players.

I believe most PVE players do not want this type of claiming system. It's tailored for the PVP game play and is most likely too difficult to have two different systems to program. I just want land to build on and not have to pay taxes, land upkeep or whatever you call it. Just give every player a token for a land claim which they can use, sell, or give away and most would be happy. 

If there are any PVE players out there that want the settlement owner claiming system, please let me know why.

• Like 1