Sign in to follow this  
Torch

This is a pirate themed sailing and sea battle game!!!!!!!

Why is it the players of the game understand the necessity of vision and direction and point of Atlas more than the developers???????

Listen to what people are saying! Listen, and stop making this ARK with ships. It's pretty much everything I read on here from people. We don't want ARK with ships, it's not why people started playing the game, it's not what people thought the game would be. The reason? Because you guys called it a game about pirates and ships and war at sea.

I just don't get the disconnect. Seriously, I just don't understand it. I imagine developer meetings and any other meetings in this company to be like a landfill of ideas. There's some really good stuff in there, but it's a pile of steaming trash and that is why the developer updates don't make any damn sense.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Have you seen the Cowboy themed Ark/Atlas yet? Looks cool. As does Ark with Ships.. er Atlas..

My company and I want Ark with ships. It is why we started playing it and what we like about it. I’m only telling the truth and I am saying it to let you know that there people out here that really enjoy the Ark elements that are in the game. I spent most of my time making rafts in Ark and the ships and tames are my favorite parts of the game.

Same.  I also like the exploring islands stuff in atlas.  I have been on some fun runs just sailing around, would be nice to do it with friends, but my friends aren't as boring as I am.

Exploring islands is more fun when they aren't walled off.   I think an unofficial that made everything on land, PVE, and everything at sea, PvP, and PvP if you like, on power stone islands, etc...would be more fun.  Too much focus on base building, and not enough on sea battles, exploring, etc...  I would rather be able to pull into a realistic port, and see many other people's ships there, and have actual things to do while there, in those NPC towns.

Honestly, I think this set up would make a great single player game.  You start out with a raft, and move up to a sloop, then to a schooner, then Brig, and then Galleon, with more and more crew.  And have a quest story lines that you follow, similar to Skyrim's method.  The game just gets boring when it's all the same thing...build a base, build ships, fight, rinse and repeat.  I love the fighting, but I want the game world I do it in to be more realistic.  The walled off islands, port defenses always shooting, etc...just took a lot away from the game.  The fact that you can know exactly who is in the same server, without even seeing them, that also kills it.  I wish game servers stopped reporting this info.

On 3/31/2019 at 6:03 PM, Torch said:

Why is it the players of the game understand the necessity of vision and direction and point of Atlas more than the developers???????

Listen to what people are saying! Listen, and stop making this ARK with ships. It's pretty much everything I read on here from people. We don't want ARK with ships, it's not why people started playing the game, it's not what people thought the game would be. The reason? Because you guys called it a game about pirates and ships and war at sea.

I just don't get the disconnect. Seriously, I just don't understand it. I imagine developer meetings and any other meetings in this company to be like a landfill of ideas. There's some really good stuff in there, but it's a pile of steaming trash and that is why the developer updates don't make any damn sense.

Your completely right, i was hoping they would stop going in the direction they where. After i see the update i am pretty sure i wont return to the game. If i wanted to play ark again i can install it. There is so much potential to make a real pirate game without massive pve content. Some yes, building trees etc but this is the same setup as ARK and if these guys dont do it someone else will. We lost way to many, that didn't like the grinding to pvp. Cant say anymore on it, pretty much what you said is true.

• Like 1

I like ARK 2.0 with mmo concept, ships and sea battles. Don't tell us what we want man, speak for yourself 😉

Edited by Willard
  • Like 4

On 3/31/2019 at 6:07 PM, Martyn said:

Have you seen the Cowboy themed Ark/Atlas yet? Looks cool. As does Ark with Ships.. er Atlas..

Pretty much the same idea? so if thats true sounds like they have an art crew dept and just copy and paste most of it.

Make a new company, sell as many copies as they can and forget about the customer base. Ya you pretty much made my mind up, we still will see the update though.

Aren't all games? Most games we see are just the exact same thing with some new scenery.. There are some pretty nice brand new games coming out on steam, from india devs, which exceptional graphics, intelligent survival games, and offer a unique flavour to various niche game types.  Many new games are stepping away from pvp environments into coop play etc. 

But the last decade it's mostly, buy this, version 2, buy this version 3.. 4..10.. and so on.  Ark with all it's expansions is really just Ark 1 - 5 etc.  Atlas is just Ark on the Sea.. Cowboys is Atlas with guns in a desert and no ships. 

The improvements in atlas are there's substantially less grind, the skills are grouped together so you get more content for less experience etc.  In Ark you have to learn each item of a suit of cloth or hide or metal armour, in atlas you get them all on one skill and so on.  Atlas is a huge improvement over Ark in terms of graphic and server lag, although initally not so much, but in general atlas is a much improved ark 2.0 more like an Ark 10.0  Maybe the cowboys will see a vast improvement still.   Which is usually the opposite of why we accuse companies of being cowboys..

As for selling more copies of the same/similar design, that's more of a publisher issue usually, than a developer one, maybe it's snail pushing that ethos more, than grapheshot, maybe not.. until more info is known on who exactly is heading things up in each company we can make an informed decision etc.  But selling more stuff.. that's the idea of any business.

Edited by Martyn

This is not a “pirate” game. Yes, there are costumes with skulls, but in it basis, it is a multiplayer sandbox survival game. The concept which I like. 

Go try Sid Meiers The Pirates. That would be a pirate game. Also, try Naval action.

• Like 1

Any time one reads "people want/don't want x" on a gaming forum, it should always be read as "I want/don't want x" and nothing more. The notion that any one person knows for certain what a majority of players wants in any game with more than a dozen people they know personally is an absurd one. Even if what they are saying is reflected by a majority of posters to that same forum, it is not even close to a majority of players as typically around 10 percent or less of a game's playerbase posts to forums. 

Edited by boomervoncannon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Martyn said:

Aren't all games? Most games we see are just the exact same thing with some new scenery.. There are some pretty nice brand new games coming out on steam, from india devs, which exceptional graphics, intelligent survival games, and offer a unique flavour to various niche game types.  Many new games are stepping away from pvp environments into coop play etc. 

But the last decade it's mostly, buy this, version 2, buy this version 3.. 4..10.. and so on.  Ark with all it's expansions is really just Ark 1 - 5 etc.  Atlas is just Ark on the Sea.. Cowboys is Atlas with guns in a desert and no ships. 

The improvements in atlas are there's substantially less grind, the skills are grouped together so you get more content for less experience etc.  In Ark you have to learn each item of a suit of cloth or hide or metal armour, in atlas you get them all on one skill and so on.  Atlas is a huge improvement over Ark in terms of graphic and server lag, although initally not so much, but in general atlas is a much improved ark 2.0 more like an Ark 10.0  Maybe the cowboys will see a vast improvement still.   Which is usually the opposite of why we accuse companies of being cowboys..

As for selling more copies of the same/similar design, that's more of a publisher issue usually, than a developer one, maybe it's snail pushing that ethos more, than grapheshot, maybe not.. until more info is known on who exactly is heading things up in each company we can make an informed decision etc.  But selling more stuff.. that's the idea of any business.

When is the new ark with spaceships and planets coming out ? I'm joking but wont surprise me if we see that in a few months from now  when outlaws starts to drop people .

Edited by Maldreck

20 minutes ago, Maldreck said:

When is the new ark with spaceships and planets coming out ? I'm joking but wont surprise me if we see that in a few months from now  when outlaws starts to drop people .

Oh I am already in for Ark 2 xD

Game is pretty much set on course for Ark 2.0.

I dont see a future for it. I am having trouble getting 5 people together to even try the ptr. And I'm a member of multiple gaming communities.

At this point I'm probably going to give it a hard pass. 

Can you imagine wildcard/grapeshot trying to do a space inertia simulator.. with a gravity/non gravity 3d space environment..?

I can't.. at least not without so many bugs it just wouldn't work.  So I think Dinos in Space isn't something we'll see anytime soon.  But I bet they've thought about it.

11 hours ago, boomervoncannon said:

Any time one reads "people want/don't want x" on a gaming forum, it should always be read as "I want/don't want x" and nothing more. The notion that any one person knows for certain what a majority of players wants in any game with more than a dozen people they know personally is an absurd one. Even if what they are saying is reflected by a majority of posters to that same forum, it is not even close to a majority of players as typically around 10 percent or less of a game's playerbase posts to forums. 

Actually many of the comments also come from steam, to reddit and other forums. Numbers will say the truth when 2 weeks go by after the wipe.

13 hours ago, Martyn said:

Can you imagine wildcard/grapeshot trying to do a space inertia simulator.. with a gravity/non gravity 3d space environment..?

I can't.. at least not without so many bugs it just wouldn't work.  So I think Dinos in Space isn't something we'll see anytime soon.  But I bet they've thought about it.

That would be Star Citizen.  Grapeshot would need to get over $200 million in funds, somehow, to make it.

Imagine Ark with graphics like Star Citizen.. hell I'd buy that for $100.