INVALID

Brief update on PTR & the upcoming ATLAS 1.5 patch

19 hours ago, ljbendele said:

The problem with nerfing bear cannons is that in the following day people will then scream for nerfing horse cannons. Then it will be screaming to nerf horse greek fire, so on and so on as each nerf just pushes the players to find yet another meta way to pvp. It doesnt end, people need to stop calliong for nerfs, if your enemy uses bear cannons then you make bear cannons and its even and fair. Its as simple as that, there is nothing that is unfair if you can do it yourself. 

This is not directed at you, just quoting your post where you offered a suggestion to nerf the bears.

I'm not complaining about the taming system because it is over-powered. I have adjusted to the current meta just like anyone else who PVPs a lot. The reason I don't like the current meta is because it derails from the theme for the game...pirates. They should be adding content that makes the game more immersive(meaning you really feel like a pirate in the West Indies.) The trading system would improve the game greatly, also fits with the theme etc. But adding mutant dinos that we can crossbreed with other mutant dinos just makes this game feel like a watered down version of ark. If the staple of additional content for most future updates is going to be just adding new creatures to tame then Atlas is not going to succeed. It needs to distinguish itself from Ark. Also, regarding the current meta, the devs could buff weapon damage to mounted creatures. That way they would still retain their utility in PVE and their utility for using carts for siege weapons, but would help level the playing field for people who like sailing and not taming. I want more shooting and sword fighting(ya know...like a pirate.) Riding around on a bear with Greek fire is easy mode-like way too easy. The devs have even stated that they did not intend for tames to dictate the meta for PVP. It was unintentional; they did not see it coming. Someone on their team made an official post about it. So they are going to keep nerfing tames anyway.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

You said the game being tested (which includes code and basic functionality) before Early Access is the most stupidest comment you've read here.

Where did I say they didn't test code?

He was assuming Atlas wasn't tested before EA. Its bullshit. Thats why I wrote that. I didn't mean that as a general rule. 

Edited by Willard

3 hours ago, Willard said:

Tested before Early access ... its one of the most stupid comments I've read here.

Have you guys noticed how many posts get thrown on here because of a single insult? If someone says something "stupid" just let them keep their own stupidity-you don't have to comment on it. Try to stick to the game, we want the devs to actually read these comments and when they see that stuff they just start glancing instead of reading. Also I am not calling anyone stupid; I'm only pointing out that this comment is what turns a progressive conversation into a troll farm. 

April 5, 2019
PST: 02:54
GMT: 10:55
And here we are still waiting ... for someone to give a new date that will not be fulfilled. We are still waiting for that PTR that seems to have been sunk in some PVP by the trolls.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Quadsteak said:

I'm not complaining about the taming system because it is over-powered. I have adjusted to the current meta just like anyone else who PVPs a lot. The reason I don't like the current meta is because it derails from the theme for the game...pirates. They should be adding content that makes the game more immersive(meaning you really feel like a pirate in the West Indies.) The trading system would improve the game greatly, also fits with the theme etc. But adding mutant dinos that we can crossbreed with other mutant dinos just makes this game feel like a watered down version of ark. If the staple of additional content for most future updates is going to be just adding new creatures to tame then Atlas is not going to succeed. It needs to distinguish itself from Ark. Also, regarding the current meta, the devs could buff weapon damage to mounted creatures. That way they would still retain their utility in PVE and their utility for using carts for siege weapons, but would help level the playing field for people who like sailing and not taming. I want more shooting and sword fighting(ya know...like a pirate.) Riding around on a bear with Greek fire is easy mode-like way too easy. The devs have even stated that they did not intend for tames to dictate the meta for PVP. It was unintentional; they did not see it coming. Someone on their team made an official post about it. So they are going to keep nerfing tames anyway.

It is not a “game of pirates”.

And pirates is not even a main theme eventhough there are some pirate costumes in game.

It is a sandbox survival MMO set in an aquatic world resembling of Earth renaiscance period.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, gnihar said:

It is not a “game of pirates”.

And pirates is not even a main theme eventhough there are some pirate costumes in game.

It is a sandbox survival MMO set in an aquatic world resembling of Earth renaiscance period.

ATLAS: The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world. Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer!

I copied and pasted that directly from their steam page description. The first sentence describes the game's genre. The rest describes the content. Piracy is the first word used. It is literally advertised as a "game of pirates." And dude...Europe wasn't colonizing the West Indies during the renaissance. "Pirates" didn't even exist yet.

1 hour ago, Quadsteak said:

Have you guys noticed how many posts get thrown on here because of a single insult? If someone says something "stupid" just let them keep their own stupidity-you don't have to comment on it. Try to stick to the game, we want the devs to actually read these comments and when they see that stuff they just start glancing instead of reading. Also I am not calling anyone stupid; I'm only pointing out that this comment is what turns a progressive conversation into a troll farm. 

You are probably right. 

Edited by Willard

9 minutes ago, Quadsteak said:

ATLAS: The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world. Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer!

I copied and pasted that directly from their steam page description. The first sentence describes the game's genre. The rest describes the content. Piracy is the first word used. It is literally advertised as a "game of pirates." And dude...Europe wasn't colonizing the West Indies during the renaissance. "Pirates" didn't even exist yet.

Well, you are wrong - it is not the game where piracy is main theme. It is only one way to play the game. The time period I mentioned would be it, yes, and do not forget Atlas world is not Earth itself, it is an entirely different universe, with lore still unexplained to us.

But no, it is not a pirate game. Try Naval action or Sid Meier's Pirates, and even that Microsoft's thing, DK how it is called - these are your pirate games.

Atlas is Ark 2.0. kinda, and it is how I like it.

2 hours ago, Willard said:

You assumed in your post that Atlas devs didn't test their game before EA release. Which is just utter bullshit, sorry. They may test if code works, if mechanics work, but for christ sake they won't test if there are some bugs even before EA release. Tell me 1 broken thing which according to you should have been tested before EA phase.

Falling from tames thru floors/ceilings.

Anymore requests?

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

58 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Well, you are wrong - it is not the game where piracy is main theme. It is only one way to play the game. The time period I mentioned would be it, yes, and do not forget Atlas world is not Earth itself, it is an entirely different universe, with lore still unexplained to us.

But no, it is not a pirate game. Try Naval action or Sid Meier's Pirates, and even that Microsoft's thing, DK how it is called - these are your pirate games.

Atlas is Ark 2.0. kinda, and it is how I like it.

Wow...I offered you a perfectly reasonable explanation and this is what i get in return? C'mon man, this game does not take place during the Renaissance. Why would you argue about that? You know what-fuck it-it's subjective anyway. I'm not even gonna say you're wrong. I think the central theme must be leprechauns too, oh and unicorns. 

1 minute ago, Quadsteak said:

Wow...I offered you a perfectly reasonable explanation and this is what i get in return? C'mon man, this game does not take place during the Renaissance. Why would you argue about that? You know what-fuck it-it's subjective anyway. I'm not even gonna say you're wrong. I think the central theme must be leprechauns too, oh and unicorns. 

It fits in that period tech wise, with the exception of a carabine. For gods’ sake, it even has a pike and a bow, resembling a “pike and shot” from late 1400s. Even the sub looks like something from DaVinci’s Florence workshop 🙂

3 minutes ago, gnihar said:

It fits in that period tech wise, with the exception of a carabine. For gods’ sake, it even has a pike and a bow, resembling a “pike and shot” from late 1400s. Even the sub looks like something from DaVinci’s Florence workshop 🙂

Nuh uh...I like turtles

1 hour ago, Quadsteak said:

Not to poke holes in your theory, but do you know anything about the middle East during the Renaissance, particularly around the Indian Ocean?  There was piracy in so-called "Biblical Times".

The PTR is a cigarette butt to the poor addict, that a whole packet is to the rich one.

People will play it just to get by, to scratch that itch.  It's the moldy carrot on the broken stick..

2 hours ago, Quadsteak said:

Piracy is the first word used. It is literally advertised as a "game of pirates." And dude...Europe wasn't colonizing the West Indies during the renaissance. "Pirates" didn't even exist yet.

Pirates, sea based bandits, highwaymen.. thieves and robbers, murderers and cowards.

They all existed since the dawn of man.  Since one ape picked up a stick or rock coverted by another, there have been pirates in the world.

45 minutes ago, Quadsteak said:

Nuh uh...I like turtles

Now, now...

I like mushrooms though!

1 hour ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Falling from tames thru floors/ceilings.

Anymore requests?

Thats the thing they could not repair for 4 years of ARK. Dont expect this to be resolved, ever. Its annoying, nothing more. Definitely not smt which should prevent you from releasing EA 😉 

Edited by Willard

1 hour ago, Willard said:

Thats the thing they could not repair for 4 years of ARK. Dont expect this to be resolved, ever. Its annoying, nothing more. Definitely not smt which should prevent you from releasing EA 😉 

Well, you did ask me to tell you one thing. And thats one VERY annoying bug wich is not even far from fixed in ATLAS, so yes, in my opinion after 4K hours of ARK and 700 hours of ATLAS; it should've been fixed.

29 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Well, you did ask me to tell you one thing. And thats one VERY annoying bug wich is not even far from fixed in ATLAS, so yes, in my opinion after 4K hours of ARK and 700 hours of ATLAS; it should've been fixed.

It should have been fixed BEFORE they launched EA game ye? 😄 ARK is released game with pretty solid playerbase despite this bug. So why should this very same bug stop them from releasing EA game? Its total nonsense man. 

Edited by Willard

1 hour ago, Hambo said:

Not to poke holes in your theory, but do you know anything about the middle East during the Renaissance, particularly around the Indian Ocean?  There was piracy in so-called "Biblical Times".

Do you consider a pirate to be a criminal? There were French ships that captured Spanish or Portuguese ships all the time during that period. But they would sail back to France and weren't condemned in any way. In fact if you want to go back that far I would wager that all ships captured and robbed during this time(Renaissance) were done so militarily. It was extremely expensive or close to impossible to get the resources you needed to build a ship-it had to be funded by the crown. So the idea of low criminals getting their hands on a ship that could actually attack other ships seems unlikely. When I think of a pirate I think of someone breaking the law and acting in self interest, and not representing any sovereign state. Piracy in that regard did not become a threat to trade until the 17th century(where independent ports operated separate from the guise of a monarchy.) But if your definition of a pirate is anyone who robs a boat(regardless of state affiliation) then yeah, sure, pirates have been around for thousands of years. My bad 🙂

Also holes were definitely poked! My soul is crushed!

45 minutes ago, Willard said:

It should have been fixed BEFORE they launched EA game ye? 😄 ARK is released game with pretty solid playerbase despite this bug. So why should this very same bug stop them from releasing EA game? Its total nonsense man. 

"Pretty solid" LMAO

18 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

"Pretty solid" LMAO

Ye pretty solid. 55k+ peak players is really good for survival game. Alongside Rust it has no competition in this genre. 

2 minutes ago, Willard said:

Ye pretty solid. 55k+ peak players is really good for survival game. Alongside Rust it has no competition in this genre. 

And on officials?

Because that bug we where adressing, has been solved by some modmakers. So, it is  possible. Man.😂

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr

Just now, Cpt.Yarrr said:

And on officials?

It doesn´t matter. You still play ARK no matter what server you are on.