INVALID

Brief update on PTR & the upcoming ATLAS 1.5 patch

Just now, Captain Yellow Beard said:

there still going to have to be a client side update so u get all the new stuff. i would expect a separate branch to download for the PTR and the current game would still be in its current state but i could be wrong.

i was told to opt into the beta for it.

Just now, MaulerTGD said:

you would be surprised at the number people ive met that are upset abotu this particular early access wipe. hell, 2 of my crew swore therre would never be a wipe in a game like this and i tried to warn them. as soon as official word of the wipe came out, they quit and tired to refund their game. and these are folk that have 50 or 60 early access titles. lol.

LUL gl to them i guess lol. i for one can't what to start over.

1 minute ago, MaulerTGD said:

i was told to opt into the beta for it.

u mean the performancetest? i did that and it made me redownload the game. and when i switch it back i had to redownload the original game again. from my experiences I've never had to redownload the original game before after opting into a beta so idk.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Yellow Beard said:

LUL gl to them i guess lol. i for one can't what to start over.

u mean the performancetest? i did that and it made me redownload the game. and when i switch it back i had to redownload the original game again. from my experiences I've never had to redownload the original game before after opting into a beta so idk.

i opted in and had about a 4gig download.  surely wasnt the whole game lol

Just now, MaulerTGD said:

i opted in and had about a 4gig download.  surely wasnt the whole game lol

oh ok but it was the performancetest beta right? think i'll just wait and do it when they say what there doing.

yes it was the performancetest beta. i was told that all i had to do was that and when the server came up it would show up. but no idea what time its supposed to come up

1 minute ago, MaulerTGD said:

yes it was the performancetest beta. i was told that all i had to do was that and when the server came up it would show up. but no idea what time its supposed to come up

fair enough guess i'll try it again.

• Like 1

discord chat they are saying way late tonight or in the wee hours of the morning... they are a few hours out yet according to jat.

1 hour ago, MaulerTGD said:

discord chat they are saying way late tonight or in the wee hours of the morning... they are a few hours out yet according to jat.

Ya because they didn't want to say ohh were changing the date to the 5th so there just saying nothing bunch of assholes who take their following for granted.

Edited by Jesus World Creator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:26 PM, travis843 said:

Hey they will get the PTS up after they resolve the issues they are having on the outlaw game. 

Today is 05.04 PTR on ? when i tell u on discord they cant deploy PTR  on 2.04 or 3 or 4 all people laugh 

6 hours ago, ljbendele said:

Why would you care about getting your old spot on a test server? Its only going to be up for a week at most.

I'm expecting people to join the PTR when it goes live and then come here complaining a week later that it got wiped.......

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MaulerTGD said:

You were told by someone that is not part of the Dev team right? People gotta learn that stuff like this should only come from Devs. The Devs have previously said that beta branch is nothing to do with the PTR, so if you've opt'd into that then you've wasted your time.

But of course i'm not part of the Dev team, i'm a player, so feel free ignore me as I suggested and find out when PTR gets released.

4 hours ago, Jesus World Creator said:

And where Is this place to opt into the PTR I seen someone said there is a place to opt in and then there is a download or something??

When the PTR is ready the Captain's Log I believe will explain it.

But, the place to go is:

Steam client
ATLAS (right-click) - Properties
BETAS
And select the beta from the drop down. The Devs will tell you which one it is at the time, although it's likely there'll just be the one new one added anyway.

5 hours ago, Captain Yellow Beard said:

IT is and has been EARLY access. and we all knew that going into it. so EXPECT wipes, bugs, etc. thats what u get with EA games so submit bug reports etc. and make it a better game.

The game should have been tested before it went into EA. I dont give a crap for wipes, I know its EA, I even encourage them if it is for the better.  

29 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

The game should have been tested before it went into EA. I dont give a crap for wipes, I know its EA, I even encourage them if it is for the better.  

Tested before Early access ... its one of the most stupid comments I've read here.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Willard said:

Tested before Early access ... its one of the most stupid comments I've read here.

Well, thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

I didn't know games shouldn't be tested before going into EA. My bad, oh wise master, I'm so sorry for my ignorance.

Any wise comments on the subject "releasedates"? Since you're the smartest one here, I can't wait for your humble opinion.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Willard said:

Of course it should be tested before Early Access, what idiots would create a game without testing it at all then put it out as a paid product under Early Access? I think you should look at your own comment regarding the most stupid one.

• Like 2

I keep my bet,  PTR on 08.04.2019 and  patch server online on 15.04.2019, who want to bet ?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Of course it should be tested before Early Access, what idiots would create a game without testing it at all then put it out as a paid product under Early Access? I think you should look at your own comment regarding the most stupid one.

You have played many EA games before haven't you? 

Tell me exactly what should developer test before releasing EA since you clearly understand that.

Just now, Willard said:

You have played many EA games before haven't you? 

Tell me exactly what should developer test before releasing EA since you clearly understand that.

What should they test? Their code works? The game launches? There's plenty basic functionality that should be tested before putting it in the Early Access and charging for it.

Unless you believe all game developers that put games on the market in Early Access do absolutely no testing of their code before putting it on Early Access market? Is that how you believe game development works?

• Like 2

What I don't understand. Why do they keep posting dates when stuff isn't even remotely ready to go. I get giving themselves an internal deadline. They shouldn't post anything to the public till stuff is 99% ready to go and be downloaded. I get things come up last minute. 

I grumbled about it when Ark did this repeatedly to. But I don't think Ark was ever quite this bad. Bit fuzzy that was awhile ago.

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

What should they test? Their code works? The game launches? There's plenty basic functionality that should be tested before putting it in the Early Access and charging for it.

Unless you believe all game developers that put games on the market in Early Access do absolutely no testing of their code before putting it on Early Access market? Is that how you believe game development works?

They didn't test if code works? Whaaat? What code disfunctions did u meet after launch? Which game mechanic didn't work? Ofc there were bugs and glitches but jees thats not what you test before u launch an EA game. It is exactly what you test and repair during this phase. 

Launch? So according to you they should have done a stress test which simulates like 70k players trying to connect right? Do you have any idea how insane HW would you need for smt like that? Even World of Warcraft has insane lags during like first 2-3 days of an expansion. And man, its a Blizzard which is a totally different company resourcewise.

Edited by Willard

2 hours ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Well, thanks for sharing your thoughts. 

I didn't know games shouldn't be tested before going into EA. My bad, oh wise master, I'm so sorry for my ignorance.

Any wise comments on the subject "releasedates"? Since you're the smartest one here, I can't wait for your humble opinion.

You assumed in your post that Atlas devs didn't test their game before EA release. Which is just utter bullshit, sorry. They may test if code works, if mechanics work, but for christ sake they won't test if there are some bugs even before EA release. Tell me 1 broken thing which according to you should have been tested before EA phase.

Edited by Willard

23 minutes ago, Willard said:

They didn't test if code works? Whaaat? What code disfunctions did u meet after launch? Which game mechanic didn't work? Ofc there were bugs and glitches but jees thats not what you test before u launch an EA game. It is exactly what you test and repair during this phase. 

Launch? So according to you they should have done a stress test which simulates like 70k players trying to connect right? Do you have any idea how insane HW would you need for smt like that? Even World of Warcraft has insane lags during like first 2-3 days of an expansion. And man, its a Blizzard which is a totally different company resourcewise.

You said the game being tested (which includes code and basic functionality) before Early Access is the most stupidest comment you've read here.

Where did I say they didn't test code?