INVALID

Brief update on PTR & the upcoming ATLAS 1.5 patch

8 minutes ago, DilBert said:

DollieToday at 8:30 AM
yup, I expect it may be late in the evening or even in the early hours on Friday

Is there a discord we can follow for updates?

yup, I expect it may be late in the evening or even in the early hours on Friday

Hm... that evening on "PT" I guess? (I mean it's evening in Moscow right now 8:10pm (when I post this) but PT it's morning just 10:10 am : ))

1 hour ago, Oxize said:

Mistakes..... ye a few can happen. From the start they had delays not once, two, three times, but like 15 times now.

It isnt hard to make a proper Roadmap and inform your playerbase on time if something is changed. Guess your to new to this.

- (Transparent) Communication is a key to success... - 

This game shouldve been in PTR from the start, with way less promisses. I really thought I bought a pirategame. 

Now all I see are messages with dates/new dates/uncertain new dates/delays with new content/animals/basebuilding/updated skins. I don't see anything regarding piracy. Non whatsoever. 

Correct the above, this game should NEVER been made public like this. It's ARK allover, from the beginning at the devs sthraight thru the delays/non tested content. So many people feel like they're being screwed over, sadly again by the same team.

I sat waiting for a few days for the PTR to be involved and try some of the new mechanics and give actual feedback. Now I'm more like sitting and thinking I'm that stupid. Again.

PTR is delayed, so will be the new mechanics. This will not be playable, more wipes to come for sure, more angry players, way less activity. Such a waste of all these words and promisses. 

Really sad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silver Sig said:

Is there a discord we can follow for updates?

Not really much there either, might be tomorrow now if not late tonight. Or on monday.

11 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Not really much there either, might be tomorrow now if not late tonight. Or on monday.

I'd say release it before the weekend so it's been tested real good.

But hey, I'm just a dumb business owner with just 24 employees and a couple of cateringcompanies without any knowledge of timemanagement.

Edited by Cpt.Yarrr
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

I'd say release it before the weekend so it's been tested real good.

But hey, I'm just a dumb business owner with just 24 employees and a couple of cateringcompanies without any knowledge of timemanagement.

yo do you need italian waiter/barman with about 10 years experience? lol

Could we please get step-by-step instructions on joining the PTR and an approximate time it's going live today?  

(I d/l'd the steam beta and it's version 17...so I don't think that's it 🙂 )

Thank you

I know you're probably getting spammed on this but I am CST. Any word when PTR will go up?

15 minutes ago, 19slash82 said:

yo do you need italian waiter/barman with about 10 years experience? lol

I need chefs. Alot.

30 minutes ago, Fynneous said:

Could we please get step-by-step instructions on joining the PTR and an approximate time it's going live today?  

(I d/l'd the steam beta and it's version 17...so I don't think that's it 🙂 )

Thank you

Well the test server is apparently coming out today but they refuse to give us a time and you don't need to download anther app/game to play it. They are using the EU PVE server so when they update the game the test server will show up in the normal spot you would find all the other servers and im going to guess its going to be called PTR and not EU PVE

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

This game shouldve been in PTR from the start, with way less promisses. I really thought I bought a pirategame. 

Now all I see are messages with dates/new dates/uncertain new dates/delays with new content/animals/basebuilding/updated skins. I don't see anything regarding piracy. Non whatsoever. 

Correct the above, this game should NEVER been made public like this. It's ARK allover, from the beginning at the devs sthraight thru the delays/non tested content. So many people feel like they're being screwed over, sadly again by the same team.

I sat waiting for a few days for the PTR to be involved and try some of the new mechanics and give actual feedback. Now I'm more like sitting and thinking I'm that stupid. Again.

PTR is delayed, so will be the new mechanics. This will not be playable, more wipes to come for sure, more angry players, way less activity. Such a waste of all these words and promisses. 

Really sad.

I mean when you payed for the game you only payed $30 because its an unfinished game, which means there was no promises from the start. Yes they should of came up with a better idea about how to go about doing the servers because people spent all that time playing the game to have everything wiped.

But the wipe is good it will low all the players who quit because they could not get a good start from the beginning because of the lack of islands and what not and so many unfriendly people who just wanted to raid while you sleep.

Negative part about it people wasted 3 months of there time playing the game not knowing there was going to be a wipe.

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

I feel like if they do the update it will be at 8pm eastern that's when they start implementing here updates and they usually keep tweaking the update till like 4am eastern time

1 hour ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

I need chefs. Alot.

I can cook a hell of a dish with deer steak, teriyaki, garlic, cheese, and noodles! It is delicious. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sydhart said:

I can cook a hell of a dish with deer steak, teriyaki, garlic, cheese, and noodles! It is delicious. 

mmmmm, now I am hungry!

There sure is a bunch of ungrateful people posting here. The same people that will be complaining about lack of content in a month. Just saying...

Edited by Tracy
  • Like 2

what a stupid idea deploy the PTR only in one EU network. wait for the network and servers overload.

many people from NA servers coming on EUPVE just for try PTR. its mean  that many people who played on EUPVE leave the game by various new reasons.

just for me for example if i cant take my old spot then this reason is enough 2 leave the game.

sry 4 my eng.

Edited by KimRSQ
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KimRSQ said:

what a stupid idea deploy the PTR only in one EU network. wait for the network and servers overload.

well, they havent shown a huge amount of common sense yet... why start now

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, KimRSQ said:

many people from NA servers coming on EUPVE just for try PTR. its mean  that many people who played on EUPVE leave the game by various new reasons.

just for me for example if i cant take my old spot then this reason is enough 2 leave the game.

sry 4 my eng.

Why would you care about getting your old spot on a test server? Its only going to be up for a week at most.

6 hours ago, Cpt.Yarrr said:

Really sad.

IT is and has been EARLY access. and we all knew that going into it. so EXPECT wipes, bugs, etc. thats what u get with EA games so submit bug reports etc. and make it a better game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain Yellow Beard said:

IT is and has been EARLY access. and we all knew that going into it. so EXPECT wipes, bugs, etc. thats what u get with EA games so submit bug reports etc. and make it a better game.

you would be surprised at the number people ive met that are upset abotu this particular early access wipe. hell, 2 of my crew swore therre would never be a wipe in a game like this and i tried to warn them. as soon as official word of the wipe came out, they quit and tired to refund their game. and these are folk that have 50 or 60 early access titles. lol.

5 hours ago, Jesus World Creator said:

Well the test server is apparently coming out today but they refuse to give us a time and you don't need to download anther app/game to play it. They are using the EU PVE server so when they update the game the test server will show up in the normal spot you would find all the other servers and im going to guess its going to be called PTR and not EU PVE

there still going to have to be a client side update so u get all the new stuff. i would expect a separate branch to download for the PTR and the current game would still be in its current state but i could be wrong.