INVALID

Brief update on PTR & the upcoming ATLAS 1.5 patch

Lmao so shocked the date has been changed a 5th time. Lmfao this game is dead so stop kicking the dead horse. Its disrespectful!

So ... We got whinners in this post, just bitching about the game but doesn't say anything to make it better ... And those same people tell other people they suck just because they give a constructive opinion about the game and what should get a focus  to make it better.

That's utterly stupid, if you have nothing to say than just crying or litteraly insult people, just quit the post and say goodbye, we don't need you for this game nor the game need you at all, you're dead meat.

About the next update of the game, i'm happy they are finally doing what have been requested since the first week.

- Claim rework (Was so much needed and asked)

- Vitamin rework (Was so much asked, but not needed, game is still playable even if this system is a piece of *bip*)

- SOTD rework and variety in their design (Was so much needed and asked)

- Player trades via shops or other things (Was so much needed and asked)

What makes an MMO shine is it's content and the possibilities it offers, those shops are a step futher in the trading element of the game even if it's still not gonna be perfect, in my opinion, we really need trade routes, not everybody wanna search for treasure H24, we need other gameplay elements to provide gold, and trading is one of the best way to make it possible.

Buy those resources in this freeport then sail for ten minutes to sell it in another freeport, or in a player port to make your profit ... Or make the cafting element of the game shine by forcing players to use it (Only manufactured product can be sold with this system).

For example, everybody can harvest wood in the wild, so why NPC's should even buy it from you ? Or if they buy it, that would be really low price like 1 gold for 100 wood, but what would happen if you had the forger skill and craft metal ingots with your wood and the metal you harvested ? Oh baby !! Now NPC would buy it because metal is something that's used in everything.
Same can go for clothes, armor, weapons and every manufactured item with a dynamic variation in the price that's evloving with the quantity of product you sell.

For exemple : 10 people will sell their clothes and armor to NPC, the price will drop because the offer gotten bigger on this item categories, but at the same time, the price of others product would have raised because nobody sold them what's needed.

That can be a really deep element of the game, and really important too, because players would think of everything they get or loot, even when they are raiding, they would try to steal everything they can to sell it and make profit out of their raids.

You raid someone, you steal what they have, then you sell it, you buy better equipement with it, better canons, better ships, then you raid someone else and so it can go on ... Trading can be a big part of the game but without forcing player to make trading to get stronger.

I can tell a stupid example for that, but we could have stats for the canons, wich could be upgraded a number of times (Just like in a real MMO with weapon enchantments), but that would be really expensive, and this kind of canon would be buyable from NPC's at a very high price or sold (Because some crafting/trading maniac like me would be stupid enough to upgrade tons of canons to max level just to make stupid amount of gold and then never use it).

MEDIUM CANON
Lv1 canon : 100% damage (Overall abilities, so splash damage, etc)

Lv2 canon : 125% damage (Overall abilities, so splash damage, etc)

Lv3 canon : 150% damage (Overall abilities, so splash damage, etc)

Lv4 canon : 175% damage (Overall abilities, so splash damage, etc)

Lv5 canon : 200% damage (Overall abilities, so splash damage, etc)

MEDIUM CANON PRICE

Lv1 canon : (28 Alloy / 14 Fibers / 20 Hide / 42 Wood)

Lv2 canon : (70 Alloy / 35 Fibers / 50 Hide / 105 Wood) x2.5 Price

Lv3 canon : (175 Alloy / 88 Fibers / 125 Hide / 263 Wood) x2.5 Price

And on and on ... Only the strongest would have access to the strongest weapons and that's how an MMO should be, the more time you spend into the game and the stronger you become, that's how an MMO work and how it should work ... (It's as stupid as a Diablo game, you get loot, you get stronger, you go kill stronger monsters, you get stronger loot, then you go fight stronger monsters that are stronger than the stronger monsters from before, etc, etc, etc).

Anyway, this game have an enormous potential, so  don't ruin it with your baby whinning, what are you seriously ? Twelve years old kid that get mad because mom didn't want to buy a shity ice scream ? XD

PS : Stop crying about the new creatures because the game doesn't evolve only around you and some pirates prefer to tame beasts and breed them instead of figthing wars, that's my case and i want Atlas to offer diversity because that's all an MMO is about.

WOW is still here and it give tons of things to do when you log in, same for Dofus or Wakfu wich are old MMORPG'S but they are still here, because they give tons of things to do, and that's what ATLAS need.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HANABI said:

That's utterly stupid, if you have nothing to say than just crying or litteraly insult people, just quit the post and say goodbye, we don't need you for this game nor the game need you at all, you're dead meat.

Don't become a hypocrite.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:34 AM, Quadsteak said:

There are a lot of people that don't want both(pirates and tames) because it becomes the meta for pvp. For example, let's say you really want to live the pirate life and not focus on taming. You have a boat, you have a base and you don't have any tames. And then another group of players attack your base(not while you're offline) with 6 high level, mounted bears with carts. If they are competent players and you don't have any tames to fight their bears then you will not be able to kill them(they will just keep re-healing.) I have seen this happen many times and I have been on both sides of it. This forces players(you don't have any choice if you don't want to get wiped) to have to tame certain creatures just to survive in this mmo. If they keep adding more creatures with unique abilities(something that alters mounted creature strategies) then it will also increase the amount of tames we need for land based combat. This makes the game far less enjoyable for people that don't like taming and want to focus on their boats. A game like this is supposed to give us options, lots of different ways to play. Whenever the developers introduce new items/creatures/mechanics that force us to play a certain way it feels restrictive. Honestly I think all tames need to be nerfed to the point that they are usless in pvp and people just use them for gathering. 

Thanks hon for clarifying that. Now I get why some people are against them. I play on a PVE server and was kinda baffled by the negative reaction. I have seen some posts where people want carts/cannons limited to horses. I actually agree with their idea after reading this.

Playing PVE I do like the tames. I love the solo taming aspect. I don't use cages. Mostly I free tame on the land so it gives me a bit of a challenge.  I can't say they've all gone very smoothly.

I'm honestly not opposed to them nerfing animals versus human players for the PVP aspect. I tame animals for their gathering capabilities. I'm not sure how easily that can be done and still keep them in line for killing alphas. 

I'd love to play PVP cept I have sparkly vision and would just end up dead repeatedly. Too much frustration for me and id be the type of person that would get mad, kill someone or destroy their base, then apologize a bunch and give their stuff back =P Yeah I know. nice girls finish last.

1 minute ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

Ya'll do realize its only 6am in seattle rightnow?

No idea where they are located, i thought over seas.

It's raining, hailstoning & snowing right now outside my house.. and very very windy.  When's the PTR coming, I'm cold and lonely.. and very very bored.

Edited by Martyn

4 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

No idea where they are located, i thought over seas.

I know one office is in Seattle area. Im sure they have multiples. 

2 minutes ago, Martyn said:

It's raining, hailstoning & snowing right now outside my house.. and very very windy.  When's the PTR coming, I'm cold and lonely.. and very very bored.

Lol Martyn im so sorry but im glad its hitting you and not me. I hope the white stuff stays away from Indiana. Rain I can deal with.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

Thanks hon for clarifying that. Now I get why some people are against them. I play on a PVE server and was kinda baffled by the negative reaction. I have seen some posts where people want carts/cannons limited to horses. I actually agree with their idea after reading this.

Playing PVE I do like the tames. I love the solo taming aspect. I don't use cages. Mostly I free tame on the land so it gives me a bit of a challenge.  I can't say they've all gone very smoothly.

I'm honestly not opposed to them nerfing animals versus human players for the PVP aspect. I tame animals for their gathering capabilities. I'm not sure how easily that can be done and still keep them in line for killing alphas. 

I'd love to play PVP cept I have sparkly vision and would just end up dead repeatedly. Too much frustration for me and id be the type of person that would get mad, kill someone or destroy their base, then apologize a bunch and give their stuff back =P Yeah I know. nice girls finish last.

The problem with nerfing bear cannons is that in the following day people will then scream for nerfing horse cannons. Then it will be screaming to nerf horse greek fire, so on and so on as each nerf just pushes the players to find yet another meta way to pvp. It doesnt end, people need to stop calliong for nerfs, if your enemy uses bear cannons then you make bear cannons and its even and fair. Its as simple as that, there is nothing that is unfair if you can do it yourself. 

This is not directed at you, just quoting your post where you offered a suggestion to nerf the bears.

Test server is being set up, i think it'll still take some hours before it's open.

About the tames being strong against players, well ... That's the meta on land just like ARK so why whine about it ? Instead of nerfing, i think the devs should focus on giving players options on how to raid an ennemy base or port and options for the defenders as well.

Again, only the weak players that can't create a strategy will cry about things being too strong.

In the case of tames, you just have to get strong tames in your side just to defend ... If bear canon are strong, then get bear canon to defend your base and that's it (For now, because i'm sure devs will find new mechanics to give more option in terms in  of PVP).

1 hour ago, ljbendele said:

The problem with nerfing bear cannons is that in the following day people will then scream for nerfing horse cannons. Then it will be screaming to nerf horse greek fire, so on and so on as each nerf just pushes the players to find yet another meta way to pvp. It doesnt end, people need to stop calliong for nerfs, if your enemy uses bear cannons then you make bear cannons and its even and fair. Its as simple as that, there is nothing that is unfair if you can do it yourself. 

This is not directed at you, just quoting your post where you offered a suggestion to nerf the bears.

Nah I get that. I just know bears are fairly strong mounts and the horses are lacking. It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario. One way or another people will not be happy.

I do understand how people don't want to be forced into taming things.

It's easy enough to say-Well don't tame if you don't like them. However seeing it from that side. Your choice is either tame or be destroyed-or at least that's the way I'm interpreting it.

Still a playstyle that I will admit. I wouldn't be good at. I mean I could probably survive on the PVP side but it would be cause people just feel to sorry to destroy me.:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Guys please, this game is in developpement, developpers can make mistakes like everyone, we are all supposed to be patient and to enjoy the game, give some advicec and feelings, or just come back later.

Anyway we still can say that their communicant or community manager should change drasticly the way the do the announcement and the delay before the changes 🙂

Kiss all

• Like 2

Lol I want to play but I hope they give me 45 mins more so my bread finishes rising and I can roll it out for its final rise before it goes to the oven.

3 hours ago, HANABI said:

About the tames being strong against players, well ... That's the meta on land just like ARK so why whine about it ? Instead of nerfing, i think the devs should focus on giving players options on how to raid an ennemy base or port and options for the defenders as well.

Again, only the weak players that can't create a strategy will cry about things being too strong.

In the case of tames, you just have to get strong tames in your side just to defend ... If bear canon are strong, then get bear canon to defend your base and that's it (For now, because i'm sure devs will find new mechanics to give more option in terms in  of PVP).

The issue with the tames is that some people just don't want to do them for a number of reasons -   don't feel it's part of a pirate environment, a holdover from ARK, etc., and they're unhappy with more taming content being added.  The people who like taming say "Just don't do them if you don't like them."  But it's not that simple.  The game gets balanced assuming people are using them, like in the pvp example above.  Even in pve it's an issue with trying to do treasure maps or fight hostile mobs or gather tons of mats fast, because the game assumes you're using tames to do those things.

Tames are mandatory in the game now, so people who don't like taming are pushing back on the devs for that.

Edited by Winter Thorne

PLEASE make the 2x2 wood gates placeable on ships... And placeable flat on the deck so we can have access ports on the flat of the deck without a superstructure

• Like 2

Will the enemies be able to build sea towers just nest to my claimed island, and use that as a pre built FOB? Will island owners have the ability to demolish sea structures that are near their islands by pressing E within 12 hours?

1 hour ago, SmilingBandit77 said:

PLEASE make the 2x2 wood gates placeable on ships... And placeable flat on the deck so we can have access ports on the flat of the deck without a superstructure

How about a Small, Medium & Large cargo hold to store everything instead of cupbords 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rst said:

Guys please, this game is in developpement, developpers can make mistakes like everyone, we are all supposed to be patient and to enjoy the game, give some advicec and feelings, or just come back later.

Anyway we still can say that their communicant or community manager should change drasticly the way the do the announcement and the delay before the changes 🙂

Kiss all

Mistakes..... ye a few can happen. From the start they had delays not once, two, three times, but like 15 times now.

It isnt hard to make a proper Roadmap and inform your playerbase on time if something is changed. Guess your to new to this.

- (Transparent) Communication is a key to success... - 

Edited by Oxize

DollieToday at 8:30 AM
yup, I expect it may be late in the evening or even in the early hours on Friday

• Like 1
  • Sad 3