INVALID

Brief update on PTR & the upcoming ATLAS 1.5 patch

7 hours ago, Shakarian said:

I really do appreciate the fact that this development team actually works, but this game has still been filled with development disappointments non stop.  Nearly all your community owns and played ark.  We keep telling you we don't want another ARK, which you guys seem to keep ignoring us on.  And now you've started the "Can you guess what this new Tamable is?" ARK crap.  We're all playing ATLAS because we want a pirate MMORPG.  Listen to your damn community.  And don't go "steampunk", that ship has sailed and it's a much smaller market.

I have yet to write a review for this game, because I'm seriously trying to give you guys a chance to redeem yourselves from your initial BLUNDERS, but you guys at Grapeshot can't seem to help yourselves.  If you want to overcome your "don't buy this crap" rating on Steam, start making the game WE want, not the one you want.  Listen to your community.

We keep saying PIRATES, SHIPS, PIRATE STUFF, SHIP STUFF... and you guys roll out something new to tame to build bases and carry other tames on?  Hello platform saddles, where have we seen you before?  You're actually owning your Steam rating more than most games deserve.  A negative Steam rating means you're doing it wrong, so start listening.  We won't follow you when you create a new company name.  We know who you are.

Agreed!  Pirates, Ships, Sails... It ain't about "The Golden Age of Elephant and Giraffe Riding".

• Like 1

"We dont want Ark 2" The hell we dont, I would take Ark 2 and i would love the hell out of it. In due time though(Its already been confirmed by some executive guy in the company that owns wildcard). 
I like my Ark and I like my Atlas, but Im the kind of guy that doesnt like his food to touch. Same for games. I agree with having a hard line between the 2.
I would be totally happy if we just
*tossed out the rework(keep the content though like the trench and biomes),
*limited claims to ~2 per person, made it so the more citizens you have living in your territory(citizens=non-company players living on your land) is what dictates how long it would take to steal a claim so it incentivizes landsharing
*add moar ships and ship parts(see my other post in general discussions for more detail)

• Thanks 1

This game will end up like dark and light 

The inconsistency with updates and bugs not being fixed. 

Add content,  why fix bugs 

At this point, the best business decision would be to reimburse everyone who bought the game so far. Then work on your stuff and when you are ready to officially release a balanced EA version, you do it. Of course your sales will be much lesser than the currently supposed million copies, but at least you will save face. 

I don't even know if I return to the game anymore. I start playing satisfactory and is fun game and enjoyable

• Like 1

Thank you for the heads up.

I'm eager to play all the new stuff that step by step fills the world and grows Atlas into a great game.

I'd love to see some bigger things added in the future like more surface ships, bigger customizable submarines (travel and transport not collecting stuff, maybe with hangar for the mini sub) and underwater world/bases or airships that introduce lightweight air combat and new areas in the sky (of course airships are easy to shoot down from the surface so underwater, water surface, island and air battlefields are mainly separated).

Hope for many positively returning or new players.

Maybe you could clarify the planned server structure, not what day but what order you will bring down and up the servers.
So we can plan ahead what server we will play on and to avoid disappointments when people expect the live servers to update when its just the PTR to test the update which can take excessive time if issues arise.

Example:
1. Start PTR - remaining servers stay online with current version
2. Wipe remaining servers - restart with new version and empire and colonies variants? (NA, EU, ASIA?)
3+. Revisit and update game modes(servers) merge game mode, shut down or bring up new modes as needed

Also pretty sure we will see necessary wipes in the future, so maybe you could set a wipe free time frame if possible or extra rates after future server wipes so we can rebuild fast.
Again to avoid people being shocked when a wipe in the future is needed.

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, Willard said:

lol 😄 Good luck snowflake.

This is steam description: If you pull out "piracy" and consider it is pirate game only it´s really ridiculous 😉 

"ATLAS: The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world. Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer!"

It´s like "i want refund because u were writing the game is funny and I have no fun playing it, gimme money back" 😄 Jesus. Learn to read before you will be embarassing yourself asking for a refund 😉 

You call that a guy a snowflake because you heard the term while watching Alex Jones on youtube. I'm sure of it. That guy only posted that the game is not what it was implied to be.

A snowflake is someone who is always butt hurt. kind of like you. Always crying in these forums because someone has an opinion different than yours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This company is very lazy, it is really just a reskin of ark.  I can't think of one feature in this game that ARK doesn't have.  only taming on this game should be horses, chickens, cows sheep, pigs and they should be used to ride, get eggs, get wool, fertilizer and such.

but oh well you done got our money, your gonna do what your gonna do.

• Like 1

I think the new animal is a sharkopus, only it's arms are folded so you can't see it, it'll be a new creature, that not only destroys ships at sea, but can now walk onto the land and wreck our bases as well.

Honestly..

Actually, I don't mind the new perspective the game is taking, it kind of reminds me of the burning desert expansion arc took.  It took me hours to realise the tent sheltered from the blistering heat waves, I died so many times, it was actually funny.. escaping so many dino attacks only to be continually killed everytime a heat wave turned up and all the little squirrels were trilling warnings I didn't comprehend.   If you go a similar route with Atlas, I won't mind so much a little twist on what is and what could be is very cool.  And alot of fun.

However, the main disappointment for me, is that it seems you are also working on a cowboy wild west version of atlas as well, which means you'll not have the manpower to fully impliment atlas.  I take it from that, that grapeshot have given up on making atlas what it should have been, mistakes were made, so make a new game, get more money from people, make more mistakes and move on to yet another new game and just rinse repeat.   That's my line of thought anyway.

I guess we'll see where it goes.  Although I think the wild west version also looks pretty cool, I won't be buying that, unless it's for a dollar.

1 hour ago, ButtPirate said:

This company is very lazy, it is really just a reskin of ark.  I can't think of one feature in this game that ARK doesn't have.  only taming on this game should be horses, chickens, cows sheep, pigs and they should be used to ride, get eggs, get wool, fertilizer and such.

but oh well you done got our money, your gonna do what your gonna do.

Ye ARK reskin with ships, sailing and an MMO dimension. For now 🙂 Exactly what I expected when I was buying this game. It can be only better. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I think the new animal is a sharkopus, only it's arms are folded so you can't see it, it'll be a new creature, that not only destroys ships at sea, but can now walk onto the land and wreck our bases as well.

Honestly..

Actually, I don't mind the new perspective the game is taking, it kind of reminds me of the burning desert expansion arc took.  It took me hours to realise the tent sheltered from the blistering heat waves, I died so many times, it was actually funny.. escaping so many dino attacks only to be continually killed everytime a heat wave turned up and all the little squirrels were trilling warnings I didn't comprehend.   If you go a similar route with Atlas, I won't mind so much a little twist on what is and what could be is very cool.  And alot of fun.

However, the main disappointment for me, is that it seems you are also working on a cowboy wild west version of atlas as well, which means you'll not have the manpower to fully impliment atlas.  I take it from that, that grapeshot have given up on making atlas what it should have been, mistakes were made, so make a new game, get more money from people, make more mistakes and move on to yet another new game and just rinse repeat.   That's my line of thought anyway.

I guess we'll see where it goes.  Although I think the wild west version also looks pretty cool, I won't be buying that, unless it's for a dollar.

That wild west whatever is a different team. Same company but different team.

• Like 1

Grown Animals can survive in harsh climate where the babies would not. I have watched a few babies die. so i understand the viability of that mechanic. I will be back when you guys push the update.

Hell yes, I love what I am seeing! If this isn't an April Fools Joke, then this announcement got me all excited once again to get back in and play! The picture depicted demonstrates how spawns should appear. Lions should be sneaky and meticulous in their process to pounce on prey and not mindlessly and unnaturally jumping through the air across the island in spasms like they were doing before...

Although I certainly would love to see more "creatures" added to the game, I just hope that the primary focus first, is aimed at the "existing" content that is still yet to be working as intended. ONLY once these preexisting features are working properly should there be any considerations on adding anything "new" to the game. Also, keep the player tamable creatures to a minimum, don't overdo it. The real adventure here is to fear and run from these crazy and deadly creatures...NOT tame them all and make them your pet. Some pets are pretty useful and make sense that they should become domesticated while others should remain uniquely deadly and beyond our meager capabilities to tame. Don't run into a serious pitfall where the entire game is all about taming, breeding, and allowing tamed creatures to do everything in this game for you. This would be a very bad move.

I would prefer that you focus on fixing things first, second, add more effective and defensive features so that we can better keep our ships, bases, and tames safe. Finally, let's bring some focus back on new and innovated player-skills, adding unique pirate-like skirmishes! Players should be able to blackjack, garrote, dodge, parry, and riposte opponent's attacks.

When I think of traditional MMORPG pirate games, I envision small bands of settlers scouring town, gathering last-minute items they are certain to need to survive the deadly and foreboding wilderness. I think about traveling merchants shouting to hire groups of mercenaries to guard their wares as they travel to the next few towns. I think of the upstart, would-be heroes vying to wet their newly forged blades lusting to make names for themselves. I can smell the acrid aroma as rival gangs settle their scores in bloody forays!

I foresee groups of dirt-covered prospectors drunkenly boasting about their mineral-rich land-claims. I expect flamboyant swashbucklers twirling steel in flashy swordplay. I can see street-peddlers in their stalls exhibiting peculiar trinkets and exotic weapons unnaturally emanating with magical properties. I envision local magistrates, publically executing deviant thieves as more of their ilk pickpocket clean the unwitting spectators. I think of cutthroat bandits, hiding behind rocks and trees along muddy, dirt-roads just outside of town, waiting to rob unsuspecting travelers and rape their women-folk. I foresee ruthless assassins lurking in the darkness of the back-alleyways readying their hungry daggers in hopes of fulfilling their seedy contracts.

I envision impressive ships pulling into port, as the locals point and spew the exploits of the notorious ship's crew, either out of immense fear or loving reverence. I think of rabble-townsfolk, desperately scraping enough resource to post a bounty in hopes of alluring capable and skilled pirate hunters to come and rid their waterways of infamous pirates. I can imagine homely-looking children scurrying about, singing old legends of unfathomable lands with strange, deadly denizens and powerful dragons, where the treasure is exceptionally exotic and fruitful! Finally, I think about distant kingdom emissaries scouting for more recruits to join the ranks of royal armies as tension flares and legendary wars are on the brink!

These are what I have come to expect when I think about a PIRATE game. So far, what we actually got is seriously left wanting...Come on Grapeshot, you can do this, stay focused on making this a great pirate MMO, not an ARK clone. While that new screenshot certainly seems to revitalize the whole Island-adventure appeal, do consider making this game more about pirates and fantasy adventures and less about animal taming or steampunk crap...the submarine you proposed is already overdone on the steampunking scene...

Edited by vaylain
  • Like 1

We already have way to many Animals spawning on islands, like Ants. If anything reduce the numbers and make a Hunter class or something out of the game. Tames should be restricted to Horses for Cannon carrying not bears.

Bears could be used in battle only.

Remove the shitting, remove the mini games, remove the vit system, remove half the stupid i gotta be 100% into making armor to wear it, and most of all make this game a pirate game. Otherwise i am still 100% uncertain if ill play it.

We should not be spending our 2 hrs or so online just feeding animals and pveing when we want to go out and pvp.

Its dull and many people are voicing their opinions on the matter, here in the forums, and on reddit not counting the players already left.

Forgot to mention the horrible adjustments on the weather system.

I can count a dozen or so systems in Atlas that was a copy and paste from Ark... Nobody cared for shitting....Stupid feature added as a joke i am sure.

Thanks

Edited by Sneakydude
  • Like 1

Also make PVE different then PVP dont push the two systems together too much. PVE should not be pushed too heavy on the PVPers. However give the PVErs much more in the game then we get. We just want to conquest not go rushing off for the fountain of life quests, and then go farming with a sub... So much fun.

5 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

We already have way to many Animals spawning on islands, like Ants. If anything reduce the numbers and make a Hunter class or something out of the game. Tames should be restricted to Horses for Cannon carrying not bears.

Bears could be used in battle only.

Remove the shitting, remove the mini games, remove the vit system, remove half the stupid i gotta be 100% into making armor to wear it, and most of all make this game a pirate game. Otherwise i am still 100% uncertain if ill play it.

We should not be spending our 2 hrs or so online just feeding animals and pveing when we want to go out and pvp.

Its dull and many people are voicing their opinions on the matter, here in the forums, and on reddit not counting the players already left.

Forgot to mention the horrible adjustments on the weather system.

I can count a dozen or so systems in Atlas that was a copy and paste from Ark... Nobody cared for shitting....Stupid feature added as a joke i am sure.

Thanks

Aw man I totally forgot to mention that. YES, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, REMOVE THE DAMN MINI GAMES. It's sooooo annoying and just a horrible idea. Just make us wait a certain period to reload-why is that such a big deal for you guys? Having to look down at that bar while I'm running around during pvp ruins the experience. Seriously-that's the first thing you guys should have removed. Have you actually read any comments where that system was praised??? Everyone hates it! And get rid of the vitamin system. Where I do think the mini game for reloading and crops was a bad idea to begin with, the vitamin system is a good idea on paper. But it needs to be way slower-like 20x slower. And make it persist through death so that it matters-but also get rid of sicknesses due to overeating. It's stupid that we can get sick for trying to keep our bars up. Personally(and this is based on feedback from everyone I played with) the vitamin system is so hated that you would be better off removing it entirely instead of trying to fix it. And it doesn't make the game more immersive, it's quite unrealistic. It takes a really long time to develop scurvy. And one last thing-I don't see any mention from you guys that this post is an April fool's joke. So this is serious??? You guys are actually adding those goofy creatures to the game? 

1 hour ago, Quadsteak said:

Aw man I totally forgot to mention that. YES, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, REMOVE THE DAMN MINI GAMES. It's sooooo annoying and just a horrible idea. Just make us wait a certain period to reload-why is that such a big deal for you guys? Having to look down at that bar while I'm running around during pvp ruins the experience. Seriously-that's the first thing you guys should have removed. Have you actually read any comments where that system was praised??? Everyone hates it! And get rid of the vitamin system. Where I do think the mini game for reloading and crops was a bad idea to begin with, the vitamin system is a good idea on paper. But it needs to be way slower-like 20x slower. And make it persist through death so that it matters-but also get rid of sicknesses due to overeating. It's stupid that we can get sick for trying to keep our bars up. Personally(and this is based on feedback from everyone I played with) the vitamin system is so hated that you would be better off removing it entirely instead of trying to fix it. And it doesn't make the game more immersive, it's quite unrealistic. It takes a really long time to develop scurvy. And one last thing-I don't see any mention from you guys that this post is an April fool's joke. So this is serious??? You guys are actually adding those goofy creatures to the game? 

u guys dont need 2 do the mini game if u skilled u reload faster...

just put a black beam over the minigame and u got your timed reload 

@Quadsteak  states that "Personally(and this is based on feedback from everyone I played with) the vitamin system is so hated that you would be better off removing it entirely instead of trying to fix it."

Firstly it cant be "personally" if it is the opinion of everyone you have played with, unless of course you don't have your own opinions, but then it would be "Based of the opinion of all those I have played with, I have decided that.......".
However my point is that not everyone hates the vitamin system. Personally I like it. It is well balanced and adds to the game play, as it ensures that you have to farm the right foods and learn the right skills to make sure you can survive properly. 
Based on what I have read from various commentators, it is my opinion that the reason you don't like the vitamin system is because you don't want to ""Waste"" skill points levelling the Vitamin protection up, but would rather spend the points on what you feel improves your style of game-play. After all  why spend skill points on preventing vitamin decay when you could punch harder, or  learn how to make cannons, etc.
Dude, its part of the game. If you wish the max out on weapons and PVP based skills then fine, but then you suffer on the survival skills. Stop bitching about the fact that the game is not what you want, and accept that they are trying to make a balanced survival game that can be played and enjoyed by the maximum demographic, and not just by a bunch of Gung-ho PVPers who want nothing more that to destroy or dominate all other players.
Realise that this game is a balance of PVP and PVE, and is meant to be played as such. 

Like EVERYTHING in life, good games are about finding a balance.

Edited by Critor
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Critor said:

Firstly it cant be "personally" if it is the opinion of everyone you have played with, unless of course you don't have your own opinions, but then it would be "Based of the opinion of all those I have played with, I have decided that.......".
However my point is that not everyone hates the vitamin system. Personally I like it. It is well balanced and adds to the game play, as it ensures that you have to farm the right foods and learn the right skills to make sure you can survive properly. 
Based on what I have read from various commentators, it is my opinion that the reason you don't like the vitamin system is because you don't want to ""Waste"" skill points leveling the Vitamin protection up, but would rather spend the points on what you feel would improve your style of game-play. After all, why spend skill points on preventing vitamin decay when you could punch harder, or  learn how to make cannons, etc.
Dude, its part of the game. If you wish the max out on weapons and PVP based skills then fine, but then you suffer on the survival skills. Stop bitching about the fact that the game is not what you want, and accept that they are trying to make a balanced survival game that can be played and enjoyed by the maximum demographic, and not just by a bunch of Gung-ho PVPers who want nothing more that to destroy or dominate all other players.
Realize that this game is a balance of PVP and PVE, and is meant to be played as such. 

Like EVERYTHING in life, good games are about finding a balance.

I certainly agree with you on this. My favorite thing about the Vitamin aspect is that you could have easily invested some skill points into making vitamin deficiencies and diseases less of a threat or annoyance. This is the fun part to me, our "skill trees". This defines who you are so that you get to play the way that you like and NOT become just another mindless "cookie-cutter" build. This is role-playing....it's all about making a series of decisions and excepting whatever consequences derive from those decisions.

I just wished that more of the game's focus was relevant to the skill trees and the need to dedicate our precious points into skills that will enhance or make life easier for us. Please Grapeshot, consider making the game less about gear, mini-games, or depending on AI, and emphasize more on our skill-builds...

Edited by vaylain

I enjoy Atlas as well as Ark I started playing them both for the same reason each of them are a very niche game. I stopped playing Ark because with each update and each expansion the game started leaning to this space age content that ruined many aspects of the game. Lets face it nobody really wants to see a player zip passed you on a jet-pack shooting a laser weapon while you are deeply immersed in a prehistoric moment on a game. I always figured cartridge weapons in Ark was riding on the line of acceptance however it was easy enough to accept with thoughts of Jurassic park in the back of your mind.
     With Atlas I approached it with some apprehension same creators same mistakes? For a while no it had seemed that Atlas was going to hold true to the pirate theme (Well besides the ships of the damned which should be the same type of ships we use only modified in ways to make them unique given what they are.) But as with many other gamer's I am able to accept certain things as being inevitable. With the announcement of the submarine I am starting to think to myself here we go again. Now with the new photos of the tames. The creature with the shell sporting a mowhawk idk the other looks like someone was carrying vials of dna containing Elephant, Camel and Impala specimens tripped on a misplaced extension cord and mixed all three specimens together before creating the test tube abomination that we see in the screenshots. 
    Many people in these forums say oh its early access be prepared for the game to change drastically and I agree with that loosely. If your calling card to the game is the logo you have created or the depiction in your cover art then you would be safe to assume that this is a pirate themed game. Ships with sails flintlock pistols blazing away sword fighting buccaneers sailing the seven seas looting and plundering the entire way should be the norm. Mythical creatures oh heck yeah Cyclops, Hydra, Mermaid's luring you to certain death with a sirens song now you have got my attention. Fighting ships that look like bad renderings from an early Rob Zombie production not so much. Fire elemental's and rock elemental's why are they even in this game seems to be a very lazy approach to a lack of villains in the cast so hey lets just copy and paste this guy from our other game and just to make it interesting lets take away any toolkit he could have to destroy these things and see what happens. The soldiers of the damned are all but laughable if your so stupid as to attack them without a tame you may kill one and damage a few more for them to only disappear below ground and regenerate for the next round providing that they don't bug and you don't get the treasure anyway.
    PVP claim system rework that's nice how about addressing the core issues for PVE? Starting with the PVE claim system you cant take those back without conflict and conflict isnt allowed on PVE so what is the plan with that. If you don't have some sort of system in place for claiming then building in PVE will remain a joke. Removing alliances from PVE is not going to resolve any real issues only creates more for those that are uncertain about joining a company for fear that they will be kicked out and lose what they have done. (I have seen this happen in the chat many times.) So for PVE what are the options join a company and hope they are decent people which that is a rarity in this day and age or, stay in your own company and hope you can pick up randoms that will not create issues themselves. The only answer to those problems was sharing alliances with other companies. You get to keep your company and keep the things you have spent so long earning in the game while sharing the group experience and in many cases the only way to truly progress in the game is with a large group completing powerstone's defeating the kraken etc. 
    One thing to help with the company issues is to make things like ships tames and buildings owned by the player instead of the company. That will eliminate those little issues like players joining companies and losing the ships and tames they worked so hard to obtain. 
    Griefing is another serious unaddressed issue companies parking ships to block your ships in building structures just outside of your base area effectively blocking you from being able to build or utilize your own ships. Giving the Chinese players their own server would go a great distance towards resolving most of those issues. And before someone says utilize a reporting system how are you going to report someone named square square square square square from the square square square company.
    But we have decided to add submarines to the game they will be unarmed vessels used in the exploration of shipwrecks.... Well maybe we will ad a harpoon or two. Hmmmmm can one imagine the possible ways this thing will be exploited already. Why the need for a submarine may I ask add the shipwrecks and buff the diving suit making it a viable option for sea exploration. 
    I can't help but feel there is one person on the dev team that wants to add laser beams and rockets to every project that person encounters. I have a cure for that hand that person a pc buy them a copy of No Man's Sky tell them to make that game better. Problem solved we could get back to what the player base actually wants which is simple. Ships that work properly crew that work properly tames that work properly and an environment that works properly. 
    You shouldn't have to go searching for tames when you log on because they teleported while you was offline. Your crew should not hop off the weapons unless you tell them to (Including those moments when your tames and or crew go floating off into god only knows where in the heavens while still in the mounted station position.) and there should be a way to easily assign crew to a station so you can hit a button wherever they are on the ship they can return to that station. When something is clearly out of range your crew shouldn't fire at it. Larders ammunition boxes and resource boxes should attach to the ship in the same way you shouldn't need multiples of each to cover your ship. Ballista spears need more speed and range you can fire a ballista alongside of a Galleon with six upgraded speed sails at 25% weight and they will go the same speed and they barely travel the length of a Galleon.
    Ship parameters are way out of proportion one click into accommodations, survivability or crew should reward the same results no matter what ship one click = one crewman, 10% more survivability or one hour longer added to pay period weight added should depend on what ship it is. Starting weight on all ships needs to be buffed in general If you upgrade the planks on any of your ships you cant haul enough weight to keep them repaired due to natural decay and cyclone encounters which I have had an entire Galleon with journeyman planks front to back destroyed by two back to back cyclone storms in the same grid. (For those wanting to say carry resources in your box the entirety of my resources was 20000 wood 35000 thatch 35000 fiber 5000 metal 1000 hide and 1500 gold.) I had two players on my Galleon repairing during the first storm the second storm hit less than a minute later and destroyed all we had repaired. Ship plank hp compared to resources required to repair are in desperate need of reworking you pay the punishment in upgrading planks when you craft them you shouldn't need to be punished so harshly every time you take a little damage.
    Bottom line fixing what is there is what is needed not adding more crap that don't work. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Lets not forget the Giant crab they are adding that you can build a base on its back. Great game ruined by lazy developers with no vision.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ButtPirate said:

Lets not forget the Giant crab they are adding that you can build a base on its back. Great game ruined by lazy developers with no vision.

Wait until you see the wild west game, you will have bears with Gatling guns. Followed by dragons and that.

Good thing nobody is buying into it...