INVALID

Brief update on PTR & the upcoming ATLAS 1.5 patch

4 hours ago, Alientine said:

TBH if i wanna tame/breed  = i go ark. Why u make pirat (ship) game and focus again on animals, hello? All left i think. You need make ships not animals. Ships, cannons, pistols

Nah base building is the real problem, not the tames.

Going back to the fully released version of Ark. This game was false advertising and not pirate themed at all. Ark with good looking rafts is all it is. I didn't mind the devs reusing assets but the focus is obviously on tames and not sea/pirate content whatsoever. Not a single mention of new ship or weapon content besides a sub which doesn't belong in a pirate game imo. Every new content added is based around tames. My time defending atlas is over. I am sorry but the truth is this game has official become the dead world of Ark 2. Good Luck Grapeshot. Should have listened to your player base. Most of us own Ark and that's where we are going. Cya

Edited by Johnny Jaundice

Coole sache freue mich schon auf die neue Tiere nur hoffe ich ned das die soviel sachen brauchen wie das schildhorn und der mini rex. 

Well what do you expect from a company that is with Wild Card we will never get accurate release dates what ever the original release date is just add 3 months to that and we maybe will get the update by then. Good job Grapeshot in following in the same foot steps as Wild Card.

@dollie god bless 😄 that's great news!, so how do we communicate the feedback from the PTR to you? e-mail? or you do a megathread? i hope you know before you open it up. would be better to avoid forum spam and a sshow.

22 hours ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

I honestly don't understand why so many people are against the land tames. Yes I get its a pirate game. But why can't we have both. I'd love to see Atlas community grow to the 45k ark numbers at 9am on a Saturday versus the 1700 that's in game right now.

If land tames keep bringing people in. Well that's going to make both the PVE and the PVP community happy. People like to be social.

Please for the love of god. No more delays. I'm going a bit stir crazy over here waiting for PTR and the Wipe. 

Thanks for all the hardwork Devs. I know I couldn't do your job without yelling at tons of people.

There are a lot of people that don't want both(pirates and tames) because it becomes the meta for pvp. For example, let's say you really want to live the pirate life and not focus on taming. You have a boat, you have a base and you don't have any tames. And then another group of players attack your base(not while you're offline) with 6 high level, mounted bears with carts. If they are competent players and you don't have any tames to fight their bears then you will not be able to kill them(they will just keep re-healing.) I have seen this happen many times and I have been on both sides of it. This forces players(you don't have any choice if you don't want to get wiped) to have to tame certain creatures just to survive in this mmo. If they keep adding more creatures with unique abilities(something that alters mounted creature strategies) then it will also increase the amount of tames we need for land based combat. This makes the game far less enjoyable for people that don't like taming and want to focus on their boats. A game like this is supposed to give us options, lots of different ways to play. Whenever the developers introduce new items/creatures/mechanics that force us to play a certain way it feels restrictive. Honestly I think all tames need to be nerfed to the point that they are usless in pvp and people just use them for gathering. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Back Stabbath said:

lkqhqmiibap21.thumb.jpg.3fd1ffbc3b994b04912028ed5b8fa625.jpg

you know opinions are like what?

it's EA. and it has potential, so just wait.

it would be great to have a (royal) naval fleet instead of ship of the damed but thats only my opinion and i know that this is only possible with a mod and much work and i won't do it so it will propably never come to the game, it is not a pure pirate game, or realistic, like having tames and ride bears,

but like i said it's only my opinion and like many others that have great ideas and opinions, for the game, how it should be, it is and stays your own perspective and your own line of sight based on what you know and experience, minds are different.

sometimes you have to take things how they are. and live with it, if you don't like it look for smth else or do your own thing.

i am here for 4 years in my own way sometimes screaming at them they should fix the bugs, but they have to make decisions that can destroy everything, so thats why they won't change shit sometimes, that does not mean they do not listen, and this is why we have a Wipe in atlas, because they try to make it better.

i just dont want a shitshow for things you can expect, this is the price that you have to pay if you break limits ppl can not understand like an MMO-shooter in 3D(lag), or a server grid, or a claim system you wont get rid of. because they want it that way. can't tell you why (good song).

photek

Edited by photek

15 hours ago, Dollie said:

@Ixel The grid editor should be available when the PTR goes up on the 3rd. 

@photek ah I can see how it might be interpreted that way. No, the new claiming system will definitely be on the PTR!

@Raysix Thank you. We're excited to get it out too! The new Eastern Tundra biome and the underwater trench look amazing and I'm very interested to see how players interact with the new claiming system.

@Korak91 I understand. We're planning a breeding/creature pass after the megapatch. v18.9 fixed an issue with babies not eating from inventory/troughs when in stasis. That said, breeding temperature requirements may remain; we don't intend for breeding and creatures to be the pinnacle of the meta.

Hello Dollie,

I don't see any mentions in your or Jats posts about new piratemechanics. Does that mean there will be none other then only "just" landscape/animals/underwaterworld?

Don't get me wrong, but I'm more like a pirate then a zookeeper. 

Are there only ever going to be just the ships we have now? Or will we need to rely on smaller server set and modders making the different ships to fill in the gaps?

Fix the broken Player Spawn.  Getting stuck in beds and/or under the floor the bed is on is a PvP game breaker, and general time waster and frustration.   Fix the bugs before adding more content.

• Like 1

Excellent, I'll add something to me diary, that on or after April 3rd PTR will probably, maybe start.. I look forward to seeing it.

Any conjecture as to how big the patch will be? 20gigs? 40? 60?

Edited by Martyn

thank you devs for the much needed thatch and metal tames! this rounds out the utility animals perfectly! :classic_biggrin:

The direction this is going people would be better of playing ARK. Instead of doing something new you guys are sticking with the same old crap.

I enjoyed ARK until you guys ruined it with those animals that would put you asleep all the time. 

20 hours ago, Dollie said:

The grid editor should be available when the PTR goes up on the 3rd. 

Yes! Thank you, you will make a lot of people happy 😍

Lmfao, you guys are a joke. Announcing more content before you can release what you previously said you were going to release. Game is a fucking wreck. 

They are gonna release more creatures every few weeks just to keep people interested until they realize the devs have NO ROADMAP AT ALL and no clue what to do with this game. Guess we all now know Ark was just luck, right place, right time. Honestly, what do those reskinned dinos have to do with a pirate game AT ALL - they're not even aquatic.

• Thanks 1

Please PLEASE stop with the dinosaurs! If I wanted to play a game with those I would play Ark - I don't!  Let Atlas be Atlas...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really do appreciate the fact that this development team actually works, but this game has still been filled with development disappointments non stop.  Nearly all your community owns and played ark.  We keep telling you we don't want another ARK, which you guys seem to keep ignoring us on.  And now you've started the "Can you guess what this new Tamable is?" ARK crap.  We're all playing ATLAS because we want a pirate MMORPG.  Listen to your damn community.  And don't go "steampunk", that ship has sailed and it's a much smaller market.

I have yet to write a review for this game, because I'm seriously trying to give you guys a chance to redeem yourselves from your initial BLUNDERS, but you guys at Grapeshot can't seem to help yourselves.  If you want to overcome your "don't buy this crap" rating on Steam, start making the game WE want, not the one you want.  Listen to your community.

We keep saying PIRATES, SHIPS, PIRATE STUFF, SHIP STUFF... and you guys roll out something new to tame to build bases and carry other tames on?  Hello platform saddles, where have we seen you before?  You're actually owning your Steam rating more than most games deserve.  A negative Steam rating means you're doing it wrong, so start listening.  We won't follow you when you create a new company name.  We know who you are.

Edited by Shakarian
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2019 at 7:26 PM, Dollie said:

@Ixel The grid editor should be available when the PTR goes up on the 3rd. 

@photek ah I can see how it might be interpreted that way. No, the new claiming system will definitely be on the PTR!

@Raysix Thank you. We're excited to get it out too! The new Eastern Tundra biome and the underwater trench look amazing and I'm very interested to see how players interact with the new claiming system.

@Korak91 I understand. We're planning a breeding/creature pass after the megapatch. v18.9 fixed an issue with babies not eating from inventory/troughs when in stasis. That said, breeding temperature requirements may remain; we don't intend for breeding and creatures to be the pinnacle of the meta.

Any chance we can breed a Brig and a Galleon into an aircraft carrier?

• Haha 1