INVALID

Brief update on PTR & the upcoming ATLAS 1.5 patch

2 hours ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

I honestly don't understand why so many people are against the land tames. Yes I get its a pirate game. But why can't we have both. I'd love to see Atlas community grow to the 45k ark numbers at 9am on a Saturday versus the 1700 that's in game right now.

If land tames keep bringing people in. Well that's going to make both the PVE and the PVP community happy. People like to be social.

Please for the love of god. No more delays. I'm going a bit stir crazy over here waiting for PTR and the Wipe. 

Thanks for all the hardwork Devs. I know I couldn't do your job without yelling at tons of people.

agree and i hope the numbers will go up again, sadly i am not sure if so many will play as much like before with the fishy stance on wipes. i for one love atlas but with wipes every few months *maybe or maybe not* i am not sure how much motivation i will have this time around.

Great ! now we are rolling into April. I'm paying quit a bit for a server that none of my friends play on anymore because of the upcoming wipe .

Also with major monthly Updates does this mean monthly wipes as well ? If that is the case I am going to Tap out .

3 hours ago, Sadie Blackhawk said:

I honestly don't understand why so many people are against the land tames.

Because they become mandatory.  The game gets tuned to the assumption that you're using them to fight and gather mats.  If they were an optional thing, I wouldn't mind them at all, except that they keep pushing them towards dino-mode when that looks ridiculous in this game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Because they become mandatory.  The game gets tuned to the assumption that you're using them to fight and gather mats.  If they were an optional thing, I wouldn't mind them at all, except that they keep pushing them towards dino-mode when that looks ridiculous in this game.

+1

Basically if i wanna tame "DINOS" i go play ARK... I bought this game as a PIRATE game...

Ho well... after the EA ends i will ask for the refund since the game itsnt what they say it will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, trev2000 said:

+1

Basically if i wanna tame "DINOS" i go play ARK... I bought this game as a PIRATE game...

Ho well... after the EA ends i will ask for the refund since the game itsnt what they say it will be.

lol 😄 Good luck snowflake.

This is steam description: If you pull out "piracy" and consider it is pirate game only it´s really ridiculous 😉 

"ATLAS: The ultimate survival MMO of unprecedented scale with 40,000+ simultaneous players in the same world. Join an endless adventure of piracy & sailing, exploration & combat, roleplaying & progression, settlement & civilization-building, in one of the largest game worlds ever! Explore, Build, Conquer!"

It´s like "i want refund because u were writing the game is funny and I have no fun playing it, gimme money back" 😄 Jesus. Learn to read before you will be embarassing yourself asking for a refund 😉 

Edited by Willard

14 minutes ago, Willard said:

Learn to read before you will be embarassing yourself asking for a refund 😉 

Embarrassing myself? lol .. im not the one selling something that they cant/want to deliver   😄

The "refund" itsnt "possible" based on steam EA "definition", but i hope that they have to change that soon, at least for EU, and based on new incoming consumer laws.

If i did know "this" before, sure i wouldn't have bought this ARK 2.0 game... but for sure that i wont buy any new game from SNAIL STUDIOS or any satellite company.

29 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

Would you rather farm resources by hand? You have that option. You want to run to the other side of the island on foot? You have that option too. Please tell me all of this isn't stemming from the fake dino picture thingy they added for april fools?

Even if they did implement, whatever that thing is, we all know it won't work properly because the devs...well you know. If you don't like it, just deal with it or stop playing.

Haven't the devs catered enough to the whiny babies already?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, TheMedium said:

Would you rather farm resources by hand? You have that option. You want to run to the other side of the island on foot? You have that option too. Please tell me all of this isn't stemming from the fake dino picture thingy they added for april fools?

Even if they did implement, whatever that thing is, we all know it won't work properly because the devs...well you know. If you don't like it, just deal with it or stop playing.

Haven't the devs catered enough to the whiny babies already?

In the first sentence, I think you've misunderstood the comment.  

The rest is pretty incoherent.

Are we at the point now where people are just stringing bunches of random words together for an opportunity to use"whiny babies", "snowflake" or some other pejorative?    Probably.

5 hours ago, Martyn said:

It looks great imo.  I think it's odd when people say their opinion is what they think the devs are developing.. no.  It isn't.

Grapeshot decide what kind of game they want to make, we decide if we want to play it or not.  We don't get to decide what they want to do, that isn't how it works.

The idea of a fantasy pirate game is fine.  The new animals, changes to creatures etc is fine, so long as it's a believable world and everything looks like it has a place and aren't just weirdly skinned things thrown in just for the sake of having something that is alien over what already exists.  ie Odd looking lions instead of lions, 2 headed tigers instead of tigers, fat ankys instead of ankys.. etc.

Make the animals with purpose and imagination, if an animal has a weird looking horn or nose, give it a whistle or mating call or something to match that change, to give it a reason for existance.

Similarly with the ships, the Ships of the Damned look like something from some other weird plane of existance and completely unlike ships at all. 

Then we get ships to use that aren't really ships, but glorified boats with masts on, sure basic models, to be updated later.  So it's all good.  If everything is to be updated later and new systems added now and later to improve the game it's all good.

And I'm quite happy with the progression, sure I'd like it all now, right now.  But that isn't possible and I understand that, as should everyone else.

Thats why you play PVE and we play PVP. Totally different player.

Why the hell you just dont listen to the communities!!!

STOP MAKING ALTAS AN ARK DLC!

Sea base combat and adventure is what we want!

Remove taming!! Put ressources trading in front! 

Let the people hard work be responsible of who is on top of the food list!

Let the player rules the harvesting... not the beasts...

And finaly.. fix the current problemsssss

Yes i'm still playing Ark but for Ark content....

Dont need another Ark 

Regards

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, trev2000 said:

Embarrassing myself? lol .. im not the one selling something that they cant/want to deliver   😄

The "refund" itsnt "possible" based on steam EA "definition", but i hope that they have to change that soon, at least for EU, and based on new incoming consumer laws.

If i did know "this" before, sure i wouldn't have bought this ARK 2.0 game... but for sure that i wont buy any new game from SNAIL STUDIOS or any satellite company.

Tames are easy content for them, since the code was already done for them in ARK.... sadly this is ARK 2.0 Its moving more and more away from a pirate game and focusing on building like ark.

copy and paste code all over.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

In the first sentence, I think you've misunderstood the comment.  

The rest is pretty incoherent.

Are we at the point now where people are just stringing bunches of random words together for an opportunity to use"whiny babies", "snowflake" or some other pejorative?    Probably.

Explain then what you originally said so we can actually understand the point.

28 minutes ago, TheMedium said:

Explain then what you originally said so we can actually understand the point.

I was talking about the fact that the game is being balanced for things like weapon damage, treasure maps, etc. based on the fact that everybody is hunting with tames.  "It's no wonder you can't do treasure maps, you don't have a bear!"  Complain about shooting a cobra right between the eyes with a carbine and it taking 3 hits to kill it  "Why don't you have a bear?"  When some new structure takes an insane amount of mats to make, they're assuming you're using tames to do that.

When you put a tool like tames in the game, all the balancing is going to assume you're using them.  So there's not really a choice of just not taming if you don't like taming.  BTW, I still do gather mats by hand.  It drives everyone around me crazy, but I do it anyway.  Can't do the treasure maps though, and killing the hostile wildlife is a pain.  I just wish if they had to put tames in the game they could have done it in a more optional way.

• Thanks 1

Relase at 12 or 13 of april... Pfff... Bad for all players who like the game. We played every single day for 2 or 3 hours together and it was a long time to wait for the MARCH mega Patch. Then you take a look into the forum and surprise... Next delay. 

Its funny to wait 😡 

We hope to get a better announcement but the timeline is... 

Also fans of atlas will get angry

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

Thats why you play PVE and we play PVP. Totally different player.

Well certainly different to you.  I play both pvp and pve.

I think you just want a "I Win Now" button.

Edited by Martyn
  • Confused 1

Our company is already waiting and we really hope that you can keep the time, look every day over 
but we are patient and hope that there is something for everyone! I hope our requests concerning 
the breeding were also answered and you are doing what we like breeding but 50h there is not sodas 
the animals then die in seconds 1 day before they are ready! Tips were: Breeding Helper who takes 
care of the night and needs food as well as taking away gold or the temperature of the animals that 
it is not too cold and too warm!

so my guess for what the new tames skills is:  ability to transfer to ship without flying into outer space or teleporting into instant death.

13 minutes ago, Korak91 said:

Our company is already waiting and we really hope that you can keep the time, look every day over 
but we are patient and hope that there is something for everyone! I hope our requests concerning 
the breeding were also answered and you are doing what we like breeding but 50h there is not sodas 
the animals then die in seconds 1 day before they are ready! Tips were: Breeding Helper who takes 
care of the night and needs food as well as taking away gold or the temperature of the animals that 
it is not too cold and too warm!

ofUSKr5.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

TBH if i wanna tame/breed  = i go ark. Why u make pirat (ship) game and focus again on animals, hello? All left i think. You need make ships not animals. Ships, cannons, pistols

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Alientine said:

TBH if i wanna tame/breed  = i go ark. Why u make pirat (ship) game and focus again on animals, hello? All left i think. You need make ships not animals. Ships, cannons, pistols

Then don't tame animals.. seriously.

• Like 1

@Ixel The grid editor should be available when the PTR goes up on the 3rd. 

@photek ah I can see how it might be interpreted that way. No, the new claiming system will definitely be on the PTR!

@Raysix Thank you. We're excited to get it out too! The new Eastern Tundra biome and the underwater trench look amazing and I'm very interested to see how players interact with the new claiming system.

@Korak91 I understand. We're planning a breeding/creature pass after the megapatch. v18.9 fixed an issue with babies not eating from inventory/troughs when in stasis. That said, breeding temperature requirements may remain; we don't intend for breeding and creatures to be the pinnacle of the meta.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1