INVALID

Brief update on PTR & the upcoming ATLAS 1.5 patch

It looks like a April 1 joke. The elephant had love with an antelope and it turned out to be wtf. Launch of the PTR on April 3 hahahahahaha

large.Creature2.jpg.666bd8c8e3a3b5ae19504880f88072e1.jpg

Edited by -=SAYMAN=-
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, silander said:

I look forward to the PTR on the 3rd April and find it funny that so many people complain about the release dates being delayed yes it is frustrating but people will complain more if it is lagged and un playable this is why the bad reviews when it was released in December.

I have enjoyed the hours that I have played so far and look forward to the many hours that I intend on playing in the future.

It is always easy to complain. Thanks @Jatheish and all you guys for your work and the hours of gameplay and fun we had. I am looking forward for the new stuff.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, -=SAYMAN=- said:

It looks like a April 1 joke. The elephant had love with an antelope and it turned out to be wtf. Launch of the PTR on April 3 hahahahahaha

large.Creature2.jpg.666bd8c8e3a3b5ae19504880f88072e1.jpg

thats a camelphantraffetilope, pretty common here.

Edited by photek
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

bonjour je voudrez savoir si apret le PTR les jeux sera plus stable et sera-t-il oui ou non optimiser ???

Edited by scorpion24

car hier j'ai jouer sur le serveur NA PVE  il savaire que le serveur était instable et qu'il était impossible  de se téléporter dans un freeport

Okay here is my guess:

The 1. animal will be able to store and transport lots of water.

The 2. animal will be able to walk and farm on the ocean floor AND store fresh air. So it will be the poor man's submarine 😄

Edited by Kappinski
  • Haha 1

Dear Santa Claus. ATLAS should have:

- More ships
- More sails and sail types
- Different outlook for crafted items / walls / ships based on common / green / blue / pink / etc

If this is ATLAS 1.5, then ATLAS 2.0 will be ARK ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

promising monthly content and other nonsense when what we want is the PTR and Wipe without more idiotic changes like 'empires'.

We want to play the game, not empty promises. Patience has been used up, you abused it.

• Like 1

If the release had to drop on the 8th, you had minimal 1 week needed to dry running the PTR and then move stuff over to Public. Now you saying your release PTR (which had to drop last week already) on 3 april next week. I dont see it happen releasing public on time.... agian......

@JatheishDont forget to add the Metal Hatchet Blueprints.

Edited by Oxize

"can you guess what abilities they’ll have?"

Not sure what abilities they will have, but guessing one of the abilities they won't have is right click to make announced content release on announced release dates. Personally I'm hoping one of the creatures will have a special ability that will allow me to target the devs and prevent them from announcing dates for content release, since those dates are never met and the development team just continues to shoot themselves in the foot by even giving dates, perpetuating their own self inflicted negative reputation in this regard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It looks great imo.  I think it's odd when people say their opinion is what they think the devs are developing.. no.  It isn't.

Grapeshot decide what kind of game they want to make, we decide if we want to play it or not.  We don't get to decide what they want to do, that isn't how it works.

The idea of a fantasy pirate game is fine.  The new animals, changes to creatures etc is fine, so long as it's a believable world and everything looks like it has a place and aren't just weirdly skinned things thrown in just for the sake of having something that is alien over what already exists.  ie Odd looking lions instead of lions, 2 headed tigers instead of tigers, fat ankys instead of ankys.. etc.

Make the animals with purpose and imagination, if an animal has a weird looking horn or nose, give it a whistle or mating call or something to match that change, to give it a reason for existance.

Similarly with the ships, the Ships of the Damned look like something from some other weird plane of existance and completely unlike ships at all. 

Then we get ships to use that aren't really ships, but glorified boats with masts on, sure basic models, to be updated later.  So it's all good.  If everything is to be updated later and new systems added now and later to improve the game it's all good.

And I'm quite happy with the progression, sure I'd like it all now, right now.  But that isn't possible and I understand that, as should everyone else.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I honestly don't understand why so many people are against the land tames. Yes I get its a pirate game. But why can't we have both. I'd love to see Atlas community grow to the 45k ark numbers at 9am on a Saturday versus the 1700 that's in game right now.

If land tames keep bringing people in. Well that's going to make both the PVE and the PVP community happy. People like to be social.

Please for the love of god. No more delays. I'm going a bit stir crazy over here waiting for PTR and the Wipe. 

Thanks for all the hardwork Devs. I know I couldn't do your job without yelling at tons of people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Makaveli II said:

Sup Bitches..meaning you @Realist and @Jatheish

Looks like "Team Fail" are late again, but that's fine, we all expected that.

Nice to see they took time out of their "busy" schedule by drawing up an April 1st joke.

The week of April 8th? Ok well that means Saturday April 13th, earliest.

Let's hope things go smoothly so we can make sure that the destruction of small companies begins as planned.

Get ready to get shit on nerds. The pain is going to spread far and wide this time around!

Enjoy your weekend 🙂

You better not be calling me a fanboy. Far from it

• Haha 1

My expectation for the up coming activity:

Wed 3rd April - PTR goes live, but late in the day, i.e. not before 12pm PST, in fact later, making it around 00:00-01:00am 4th April UK time (it will be GMT+1 by then).

PTR will run for a week taking us up to Wed 10th April.

Wipe and mega update will take place on Friday 12th April, again very late in the day, putting UK and EU around 01:00/02:00am Saturday 13th April which means those getting a decent night sleep miss out.

That's my expectation for now.

• Like 1

Will these monthly major releases ALSO be coming with Monthly wipes?  Want to know what cadence will be on those.  You've been rather dismissive on specifying what the wipe schedule is despite many, many people wanting concrete answers on how frequently they will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Archsenex said:

Will these monthly major releases ALSO be coming with Monthly wipes?  Want to know what cadence will be on those.  You've been rather dismissive on specifying what the wipe schedule is despite many, many people wanting concrete answers on how frequently they will be.

You do realise this up coming wipe was never expected, it was not intended. How can they give concrete answers on a wipe schedule? The most concrete they would be able to give is wipes will happen if they are required. I suspect their intention is never to actually wipe, but if necessary it will be done.

So what type of concrete answer are you expecting?

• Thanks 1

Waiting for these Devs to hit their release date is like waiting for a Tinder date that never shows up.

It's a shame to see an obviously talented group of individuals lose industry credibility and impact their future career options by failing to simply do the things they say they're going to do.  Early Access and Dev Time aside, don't set expectations without meeting them.  Period.  Need until April 8th?  FINE - then don't tell us mid-late March.  

All you're doing is losing friends, and your intentions don't matter at this point because the communications are becoming meaningless.

29 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

You do realise this up coming wipe was never expected, it was not intended. How can they give concrete answers on a wipe schedule? The most concrete they would be able to give is wipes will happen if they are required. I suspect their intention is never to actually wipe, but if necessary it will be done.

So what type of concrete answer are you expecting?

Even that would be something.  But so far they won't even come out so far as to say that they don't intend to have another, or that this one wasn't intended.

My biggest fear, after seeing the new creatures, is that the same thing that happened to Ark is happening to Atlas.  

The devs kept adding creatures to Ark that no one really asked for.  We ended up with way too many creatures and not enough bug fixes.  There are still bugs in Ark that have not been fixed for years.  They are now creating a new Ark play style that removes some of the creatures in Ark to make it more like it was in the beginning. 

I love  the idea of new creatures but please do not add a lot of new content until you, at least, have figured out how we are supposed to play the game.  There is a ton of content in Atlas right now that does not work correctly. Please fix that before adding new things! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Jatheish said:

We know that this update has taken quite some time and we really appreciate everyone’s patience as we dug down to the core of the claiming system and reworked it. We expect that we’ll have this ready to ship onto the main network by the week of the 8th of April.

Will probably "help" if you stop loosing time making ARK Dinosaurs to implement on a PIRATE game....

For real... after all the delay on the "mega patch",  you saying that instead of fixing the problems that the community asked for, you are making more "dinos" ????

8 hours ago, Ratthew Rattson said:

Don't make stupid promises like monthly releases please, we all know how it's going to end. Honestly, you should know better by now.

+1 ....

Looks they never learn with ther own mistakes ...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Archsenex said:

Even that would be something.  But so far they won't even come out so far as to say that they don't intend to have another, or that this one wasn't intended.

They don't need to come out and say that this wipe wasn't intended or planned. Every player knows why this wipe is coming and it is something that was not foreseen. If you can't see that yourself then i'm sorry, but you need to open your eyes rather than expect things on a silver platter.