INVALID

Brief update on PTR & the upcoming ATLAS 1.5 patch

Hey Pathfinders!

Just wanted to come in and give you a quick status update for ATLAS 1.5 before the weekend. We are planning on launching the Public Test Realm next Wednesday, the 3rd of April, and by then there will be an in-depth Captain’s Log which will do a deep dive on the entire patch so you know what to expect.

Full patch notes can be found here:

Going forward, we expect subsequent major updates to come on a monthly basis, which will include more content such as new items, weapons, creatures and new areas for players to check out!

large.Creature2.jpg

We know that this update has taken quite some time and we really appreciate everyone’s patience as we dug down to the core of the claiming system and reworked it. We expect that we’ll have this ready to ship onto the main network by the week of the 8th of April.

Following ATLAS 1.5, there will be a lot more to come in terms of design changes and content. This announcement post contains a sneak peek of some upcoming new creatures, can you guess what abilities they’ll have?

large.Creature1.jpg

View full article

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Errrr... do I see cross-breed camel+giraffe and croc+rhino in screenshots above? Will taming and breeding to that far lol? : ))

(Just kidding. Looking forward for PTR and patch).

Edited by George Catcher

It would be nice if you guys would fix what's already in the game before worrying with adding content. Also, seriously stop giving dates, you're always incorrect.

• Like 17

I hope there's not too much of a future focus on new animals, just keep them to the necessary.

Also please sort out spawn mechanics, I find it rather silly allowing bears to spawn in tropical but you can't breed them in tropical. How can they spawn if they can't breed?

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

I hope there's not too much of a future focus on new animals, just keep them to the necessary.

Also please sort out spawn mechanics, I find it rather silly allowing bears to spawn in tropical but you can't breed them in tropical. How can they spawn if they can't breed?

Yup, many things need a repair before more content is added. The whole breeding thing never worked well from the start, Ive heard you guys speak of it a ton of times. I never ever tamed, i let others do that task. It wasnt my thing in ARK and it wont be my thing here. I am a pvper not a tamer, rider for pvp. Id rather run ship battles and defenses then that. But i do agree work on the existing system first.

Next will be mega shark tames for the seas, you can ride and flame arrow down boats.

Will boats still be a thing soon?

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

"We expect that we’ll have this ready to ship onto the main network by the week of the 8th of April."

Does that mean you leave PvE offline and deploying only on the PvP servers? Or would you stick to announcing the Small Tribes Server? You can also convert PvE directly to Small Tribes. I hope there's enough community left to fill up Small Tribes Server.

Edited by Ameesa
  • Like 1

When will there be a console release, I play PC and console and would love to play this game with my console friends 

Giraff spawned ontop of a mountain in first picture? or a Tamed one?  # feels confused

Edited by ari12609
  • Confused 1

As long as the Devs are making the new content more sea based it's all good 

They need to get away from. Tames this isn't ark , 

More ships , more ways to customise them , more sea based areas , more sea monsters 

STOP WITH ADDING MORE LAND TAMES AND LAND CONTENT ,AND CONCENTRATE ON SEA BASED ADVENTURE CONTENT 

• Like 12

40 minutes ago, Ameesa said:

Does that mean you leave PvE offline and deploying only on the PvP servers? Or would you stick to announcing the Small Tribes Server? You can also convert PvE directly to Small Tribes. I hope there's enough community left to fill up Small Tribes Server.

Week of 8th April everything will be online including PvE.

23 minutes ago, ari12609 said:

Giraff spawned ontop of a mountain in first picture? or a Tamed one?  # feels confused

How are you confused? Why do you assume it is a mountain? To me it looks like a cliff edge, which likely means land up top. It is also next to a building, so probably tamed. But to assume it is a mountain is a bit odd.

• Sad 1

@Jatheish I'm still waiting to know whether unofficial servers will get an updated grid editor before the expected release date in regards to potential new content coming in the major patch next month? I've asked this in two different posts but I didn't see a reply from either you or @Dollie.

Edited by Ixel
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Well - it is a game and not real life.
I would love to have no animal is breadable on islands they spawn on.

Make it even more special to have breads.

1) Find and sail to an island where you find the right fruit/veggy seed

2) Take that seed to a different island, where it can be cultivated

3) Take the fruit/veggy to 3rd island, where the animal is to be tamed

4) take the animal to a 4th island, where it can be tamed

This way the sea will be played, you need to explore and travel the world. Maybe need help from other players, that have bases on different island (foster trade). Have the danger to be fought at sea ...

This whole taming and farming can be a good part of the game if it cannot be done on a single island.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Yup, many things need a repair before more content is added. The whole breeding thing never worked well from the start, Ive heard you guys speak of it a ton of times. I never ever tamed, i let others do that task. It wasnt my thing in ARK and it wont be my thing here. I am a pvper not a tamer, rider for pvp. Id rather run ship battles and defenses then that. But i do agree work on the existing system first.

Next will be mega shark tames for the seas, you can ride and flame arrow down boats.

Will boats still be a thing soon?

I agree, pls focus more on ship/sea content. If I wanted to tame crazy creatures I'd be playing Ark. Fix game mechanics, exploits and work on stopping cheaters. Add more ships and ship content. Look at armored planks and decks, balance the Sails and if you do add content, pls base it on the semi-period environment. Bring back the concept that is Atlas because I really want to play that game again. Try at least to get back to ships that look like ships. Set a cap on cannons per ship, make NPC skills a thing (so that people care about not losing them) and add a major debuff negative response to people just killing themselves to reset their mineral, thirst and hunger stats. Pls. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, Ixel said:

@Jatheish I'm still waiting to know whether unofficial servers will get an updated grid editor before the expected release date in regards to potential new content coming in the major patch next month? I've asked this in two different posts but I didn't see a reply from either you or @Dollie.

Yeah, I'd be curious about that, too.

Please do not keep adding animals to this game like in Ark. It is supposed to be a pirate themed game. Please spend more time and focus on giving us more options with our ships and leave the animals and taming alone. I don't want to have to tame 50 different types of animals to get all the perks they give for gathering resources or buffing etc. If the game is going down that path, then there is no point in playing this game-we can all just go back to playing Ark. I think there are too many animals that we can tame already. I thought this game was supposed to focus on pirates and boats...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I look forward to the PTR on the 3rd April and find it funny that so many people complain about the release dates being delayed yes it is frustrating but people will complain more if it is lagged and un playable this is why the bad reviews when it was released in December.

I have enjoyed the hours that I have played so far and look forward to the many hours that I intend on playing in the future.

• Like 2

Thx for the update! 

But we have a delay again? Lets make a suprise and go online before 8 of April! 

Didnt read something that someone needs a ptr or am I wrong? Make the test server for example 2 or 3 days cause we will TEST it on live server and report bugs as we do since the beginning 😉

latest?cb=20140411213315

claim system in week of 8th april. lol.. alright...

so no claim system to test on ptr april 3rd?

Edited by photek
  • Confused 1