Sign in to follow this  
Noodled Jenkins

Game is old

To me gaming is like when your hand meets your groin. It's fun for a while but after your finished having fun you get bored and need to go out and find yourself a bloke (for all u hetros maybe a lady).

On 3/30/2019 at 8:13 AM, Coggage said:

Well, The "PvP" types - actually nothing more than zergers and offline-raiders - have to blame SOMEONE for the wipe. but never themselves, so they blame PvE'ers.  The PvE players I have seen in here and on Steam APPLAUD the wipe.  I'm not denying some out there will hate the wipe, but if so none of their posts spring to mind.

You have not been reading to many threads is all I can say.  There are quite a few people who have already quit the game from just the announcement of the wipe and others who are waiting to see what happens after the wipe.  

I personally don’t want it but I  enjoy the game so I am not quitting because of it.

There are pros and cons to it and it all boils down to which ways heavier on you as to what your opinion is. I myself fought through the bull crap in the beginning and worked my ass off to gain a claim, I built ships and a base with taming pens, dealt with the FOY bs and worked on discovery points, as a solo player who is limited to the amount of time I can play losing all that really hit a nerve. Kinda felt like writing a 4000 page book, saving it on your hard drive only to have it crash and erase everything.   

I know with what the patch is bringing the wipe is required and having that much more content will be nice but it still sucks for me to start over.

On 3/30/2019 at 7:09 AM, Noodled Jenkins said:

I really liked the idea of this game when it first came out. But sadly now the game is just old. I would have a really tough time motivating myself to come back even if they perfected it. Something new is about to come out and wash this thing away for good.

If it's old, then quit hanging around in the games fourm spreadind discontent, move on and play something else. Stop waisting our time by posting your meaningles babble

i am a gamer, i play games that are 25 years old, and i play games that are brandnew.

so it is not the age that matters. it is the quality. so if they make it a good game chances are good that you play it again after years, and let's not forget it is Early Access.

if you do not play now it's ok, bc it's not finished.

maybe we have another wipe some day to make things even, in other words to

balance the game. so new ppl can and will start.

if it is better after that i'll take it.

The problem this game has had from the very start is an extreme lack of content and variety. Its a very shallow half baked product atm. It feels more like a demo sandbox then a full fledged sandbox game. Only 3 kinds of useful ships (5 ships all up if you include the pointless "raft" and Sloop), 2 types of cannon, 3 types of firearm and 2 types of melee weapon.....................................

I know folks will shout "Early Access" but if I compare this game to ARK when ARK was in early access - ARK was pumping out new content every 2 weeks or so. Even more damning is that this game is more like an ARK mod then a full game. It's using the ARK code base and thus had all the hardwork more or less done for it with the exception of ocean waves and the new server transfer system. There is little reason why the devs have been so slow to release new content other then them likely being a tiny team and having a small budget.