Sign in to follow this  
Noodled Jenkins

Game is old

I really liked the idea of this game when it first came out. But sadly now the game is just old. I would have a really tough time motivating myself to come back even if they perfected it. Something new is about to come out and wash this thing away for good.

Sometime you just gotta take a step back from a game for a bit so you can come back and fall in love with it again later. It's called gamers fatigue. it happens to everyone. Go out there and enjoy life.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

It kinda feels like the game isn't progressing rather, getting a do-over with the wipe ... whenever that actually happens.  Yawn, I'm moving on to other games.

2 minutes ago, Gorelander said:

It kinda feels like the game isn't progressing rather, getting a do-over with the wipe ... whenever that actually happens.  Yawn, I'm moving on to other games.

bro, i get what you're saying if you're strictly a pve'er cause im huge into RP and that lifestyle... but pvp... cmon, some people be restarting every single week. it's about the thrill. the struggle. Atlas is a good home for that environment.

30 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

bro, i get what you're saying if you're strictly a pve'er cause im huge into RP and that lifestyle... but pvp... cmon, some people be restarting every single week. it's about the thrill. the struggle. Atlas is a good home for that environment.

PvE’ers are also the ones that don’t want the wipe at all, which I can understand, but they know what they were getting into. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Noodled Jenkins said:

I really liked the idea of this game when it first came out. But sadly now the game is just old. I would have a really tough time motivating myself to come back even if they perfected it. Something new is about to come out and wash this thing away for good.

Yup and Yup, its turning out to be a different version of ark from the screenshots provided with the ptr. Sadly not everyone is into tames.

Just now, Sneakydude said:

Yup and Yup, its turning out to be a different version of ark from the screenshots provided with the ptr. Sadly not everyone is into tames.

then dont tame 😉

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

then dont tame 😉

This is such a dumb comment and you know it 

im jus saying, jat literally said there's gonna a be lot of content added all the time, new everything. major updates on the monthly and a real captain's log right before the ptr. and this guys trippin over pics of 2 new animals that were meant to be a teaser and probably the most uninteresting part of what they have planned.

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

22 minutes ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

im jus saying, jat literally said there's gonna a be lot of content added all the time, new everything. major updates on the monthly and a real captain's log right before the ptr. and this guys trippin over pics of 2 new animals that were meant to be a teaser and probably the most uninteresting part of what they have planned.

55736565_770522829996542_419373573287706

Best saying for these forums.

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

PvE’ers are also the ones that don’t want the wipe at all, which I can understand, but they know what they were getting into. 

Lmao, I wanted an instant wipe, not a delayed wipe. Wipe it often if need be, I say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, George Catcher said:

I PvE'er and I want it! : ))

I agree, me too. I knew before I bought the game there was a high chance of wipes.

It's a shame some people have to cry about it but they have 2 options, they either play or they don't, its that simple.

I'm looking forward to starting again and build everything back up.

• Like 1

Well, The "PvP" types - actually nothing more than zergers and offline-raiders - have to blame SOMEONE for the wipe. but never themselves, so they blame PvE'ers.  The PvE players I have seen in here and on Steam APPLAUD the wipe.  I'm not denying some out there will hate the wipe, but if so none of their posts spring to mind.

6 hours ago, Noodled Jenkins said:

I really liked the idea of this game when it first came out. But sadly now the game is just old. 

Given that the game is barely 100 days from an announced 2 year EA launch, I think you and I have a different understanding of the word old. The game certainly has it's flaws in abundance, but frankly if you are using the word old this soon, then even playing a game in the early stages of a long EA period, when content is at it's thinnest and new content is added slowly as the game's core systems are reworked, is probably not going to be your thing. This isn't a criticism, as I'm taking a break myself (Satisfactory is awesome, for anyone wondering), just an observation.

sea of thives "got old" after 4 hours. this game is new to EA are you kidding me? I have been gaming for 40 years! last game that got me this addictied was Final fantasy 11 or C and C generals zero hour.

I love how in late Jan everyone was calling for a wipe in February everyone was calling for a wipe. They announced a wipe and everyone is like no wipe no wipe. To think that the developers don’t answer to a board of number crunchers that have already done multiple SWOT analyses on this issue is just laughable. The game will return better then before and it will slope again and keep doing it for quite some time. 

Looking worse every update tbh. Focus seems to be more on dinosaurs and tames than anything else. Disappointing is an understatement. 

I guess if Ark didnt already exist, and didnt suck, it might interesting.

On 3/1/2019 at 6:05 PM, WelshWolf said:

so all the time spent discovering shit has been for nothing good to know......

19 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

I don't necessarily mind the wipe, as it will allow a more fair claim to land.  However, the fact that it's dragging on for weeks, maybe months.  That is really where my gripe is.    It's an EA game, I get that but every decision they've tried to implement has has been quite poorly done that after the 3rd or 4th time,  you start to lose confidence in them.

15 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

sea of thives "got old" after 4 hours. this game is new to EA are you kidding me? I have been gaming for 40 years! last game that got me this addictied was Final fantasy 11 or C and C generals zero hour.

Fuck you, now I want to play Command and Conquer lol.