Sign in to follow this  
Realist

I tip my hat...

I gotta hand it to you guys that are still playing. This will not be a usual thread of mine.

i will honor the people that stayed and played. You 2k are now known as the hardcore. No that isn’t a cheap shot. You know what you like and you stick with it so I will give you nothing but respect for that.

who cares about the wipe. You love the grind right? Those are the few I want to play with. Destroy me base, I really don’t care. You few will hit me head on.

out of all of things I have said about low numbers, none of that was in regards to you.

show these people what hardcore really is!

p.s. yes to the trolls I am serious

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Only PvE’ers care about a wipe. Only PvE’ers care about the most unbalanced thing in this game (animals) and only PvE’ers like the ‘cosmetics’ so that’s why they also don’t want the FoY. And we gotta deal with that. 

Edited by Percieval
  • Confused 1

Majority of them are likely playing on unofficial servers though, there isn't necessarily a need for a wipe on those. I'd be surprised if many didn't wipe, but there's no actual need apparently, it's optional.

I was still playing on EU PvE, but my hand got forced on that one so can't play now until PTR/Wipe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Realist said:

I gotta hand it to you guys that are still playing. This will not be a usual thread of mine.

i will honor the people that stayed and played. You 2k are now known as the hardcore. No that isn’t a cheap shot. You know what you like and you stick with it so I will give you nothing but respect for that.

who cares about the wipe. You love the grind right? Those are the few I want to play with. Destroy me base, I really don’t care. You few will hit me head on.

out of all of things I have said about low numbers, none of that was in regards to you.

I've stayed on the official pve until the last day. Just testing stuff, helping people that had some questions etc. I'm really a patient guy, and can handle with all the shit surrounding, EA, alpha, beta etc. But i've gotten to a point where it's starting to get too much. The lack of communication, the false promises, changes being made that nobody really wants, the delay of everything. It's hard to keep believing in the game and sticking around, because i really feel screwed. All the promises they made of "listening to the community", "giving us more and faster information". 
I'm still playing the game on an unofficial, and will stay here too. I won't go back to official, most of the friends i made aren't returning either, since they be taking away stuff ( like alliances ). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Majority of them are likely playing on unofficial servers though, there isn't necessarily a need for a wipe on those. I'd be surprised if many didn't wipe, but there's no actual need apparently, it's optional.

I was still playing on EU PvE, but my hand got forced on that one so can't play now until PTR/Wipe.

Yes, nearly all of those are unofficial indeed.

11 hours ago, Realist said:

Kudos for injecting something positive into a frustrating situation. Well said sir.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Well that definitely does suck for you then and I feel for you. I get they needed to take down one cluster but it has to suck being on the cluster that was chosen.

side not though. The interactive map still showed the usual 50/50 for unofficial and official so there were still some official players playing.

i was on twitch one day look at the darkside rp unofficial server and they were saying that would also wipe. I think darkside is one of the big ones.

i wipe won’t be forced but because of the changes I think they are going to kind of have to wipe since the claims will be messed up or deleted. Can’t remember how jat worded it before on the log but it was something like that.

5 hours ago, Percieval said:

Only PvE’ers care about a wipe. Only PvE’ers care about the most unbalanced thing in this game (animals) and only PvE’ers like the ‘cosmetics’ so that’s why they also don’t want the FoY. And we gotta deal with that. 

Come on man. That is a very broad assumption. I am pretty sure a lot of pvp people cares the wipe was happening.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Percieval said:

I only play PVE, I could care less about cosmetics, I don't tame anything, but I do believe that the fountain of youth is almost a useless game mechanic aside from the bonus you get for becoming young again. I enjoy building and exploring and the occasional SOTD battle. At the moment the one thing I'm looking forward to is actual game content like quests/missions maybe the introduction of a cool story line. But I think the sailing is awesome and I understand when people say it's like ARK but I tried ARK so I could compare and I think ATLAS looks and plays way better than ARK.

I don't think I'm the typical PVE player, I'm more of a solo gamer and I purchased this game because it looks cool and promised PVE and the ability to host your own. All aspects I like.

I didn't care one bit about the wipe, I was mostly on my boat and in lawless anyways. My friend and I carved out a nice beach base and had a good time.

OH! I almost forgot! I am looking forward to the player run shops, I'm addicted to farming materials and crafting things.

Respectfully,

wcjoker

Edited by wcjoker
  • Like 2

The official servers population has actually been increasing for the past couple weeks and I haven't really figured out why. Right now the combined officials are 1244 people and that's with an entire server missing. We're a far cry from the days where NA PVE would consistently drop below a hundred.

Last night was the first time in 1400 hours of Atlas that I actually ragequit the game in disgust. I lost a fully-loaded schooner with over a hundred thousand coins on it a few days ago to hitting invisible walls in the middle of the ocean (which is a bug I've lost other ships to before), and last night when I built a new boat to go out again, sailed a decent length to get to a cool new island, and after spending two hours on that island I immediately lost everything on me to the climber-pick instant-death bug.

I've lost a lot of things to bugs in this game, but that was the first actual rage quit. Wasn't even that big a loss.

12 hours ago, Percieval said:

If only PVE players care about a wipe, why does NA PVE have more players on it than NA PVP right now, when before the wipe announcement the pvp server would have double or even more

Edited by Amy3

12 hours ago, Percieval said:

I can see that some pvp players wouldn't care about a wipe.  Whether you lose everything while you sleep to a dev or a player, what's the difference?  Someone annoyed by offline raiding can't really spend that much time playing pvp in these types of games, so it would make sense that one wouldn't be bothered by randomly losing everything.

PvP players don't care about animals?  Why bother noticing the lack of balance then?  I do not think it means what you think it means.  I also don't think PvE players want unbalanced systems, pvp, pve, or otherwise.  Mind you, I do like it when a game I play has horses that are fun to ride and it's not about getting an upper-hand so you may have a point.  Somewhat. 😉

Cosmetics and FoY... you mean you think the trouble with the FoY is that it makes us look old?  Nah.  )

The trouble is the lack of thought that went into the design of what is essentially a PvE system.  Long, long ago, devs used to make games harder not by improving the ai, but by giving npc perfect aim.  They couldn't really do better at the time.  That's the course the dev in charge of the FoY took here.  MOAR beasties!  isn't exactly creative or interesting.  That's the trouble with the FoY, not the cosmetic effect.

We’re still playing a bit here and there, but not as much as we were before, and definitely not as much as we will after the wipe.

We’ve been able to get in on a couple of Kraken kills (thanks again, Jean!), and we’ve been able to try out a few different ship designs to figure out what ship sizes and configurations work for us. Though we’ll most likely end up with a small fleet again anyways, just because I like building ships so much. 😬

When the PTR goes up, we’ll be on it figuring out how best to get started when the patch goes live. If we’re able to get our own island, I’ve been thinking about a way to divy it up into plots for people without completely ruining it by covering resource nodes. I think I’ve got something workable, but we’ll see how well it actually works.

We’re very much looking forward to being able to start anew, and with the experience we’ve got now we should be able to get back to where we are now relatively quickly.

I’ve heard at least one group is going to try to get to the kraken in the first 24 hours, and my hats off to them for even attempting that. That would be quite the feat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salty Del said:

We’re still playing a bit here and there, but not as much as we were before, and definitely not as much as we will after the wipe.

We’ve been able to get in on a couple of Kraken kills (thanks again, Jean!), and we’ve been able to try out a few different ship designs to figure out what ship sizes and configurations work for us. Though we’ll most likely end up with a small fleet again anyways, just because I like building ships so much. 😬

When the PTR goes up, we’ll be on it figuring out how best to get started when the patch goes live. If we’re able to get our own island, I’ve been thinking about a way to divy it up into plots for people without completely ruining it by covering resource nodes. I think I’ve got something workable, but we’ll see how well it actually works.

We’re very much looking forward to being able to start anew, and with the experience we’ve got now we should be able to get back to where we are now relatively quickly.

I’ve heard at least one group is going to try to get to the kraken in the first 24 hours, and my hats off to them for even attempting that. That would be quite the feat.

Awesome attitude man 👍 

well i can tell you, every love goes by, sooner or later.

so you play for the moment.

and an end is always a new beginning.

• Like 1

im pve and im sailing exploring and rescuing tames as i go along, having fun, loaded a schooner with 3 elephants 4 girraffes 2 horses 5 bears on last trip, couldnt walk my deck lol

then theres figuring out how to get them out of their original pens in the first place, ive left more behind than ive saved, i can hear the wails of despair from within. calling to me... remo save me too...

I Bring em home , my pens got close to 100 animals and growing, trying to get the most saved from starvation before they go to the big wipe in the sky.

point is in a sandbox game theres alot to do, other than posting on forums about how much someone hates the game lol(not this thread but in general) with all its faults this is the best game ive played in years

Edited by Remo
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 7:33 PM, Realist said:

Our company, The Black Hand, has now completed 8 out of 9 power stones (darn Ghost Ship bugs every time we go looking for it), repeatedly killed the Kraken in smaller and smaller numbers, tamed several drakes and farmed a massive amount of mythos.  We have farmed almost every major mythic blueprints (missing nice stats on large sails), and we still have 7-10 people playing. 

Ignore the haters and naysayers, accept that people have the right to opine and play whatever way they wish, but never give up your own desire and playstyle.  Everyone is entitled to their own way to play a game.

We are recruiting and look forward to more of Atlas in the days to come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jean said:

Our company, The Black Hand, has now completed 8 out of 9 power stones (darn Ghost Ship bugs every time we go looking for it), repeatedly killed the Kraken in smaller and smaller numbers, tamed several drakes and farmed a massive amount of mythos.  We have farmed almost every major mythic blueprints (missing nice stats on large sails), and we still have 7-10 people playing. 

Ignore the haters and naysayers, accept that people have the right to opine and play whatever way they wish, but never give up your own desire and playstyle.  Everyone is entitled to their own way to play a game.

We are recruiting and look forward to more of Atlas in the days to come.

Very cool man. It’s all about enjoying the game. Not just “keeping your stuff”. Glad to hear you guys are still out there. Grats on the power stones.

6 hours ago, Remo said:

im pve and im sailing exploring and rescuing tames as i go along, having fun, loaded a schooner with 3 elephants 4 girraffes 2 horses 5 bears on last trip, couldnt walk my deck lol

then theres figuring out how to get them out of their original pens in the first place, ive left more behind than ive saved, i can hear the wails of despair from within. calling to me... remo save me too...

I Bring em home , my pens got close to 100 animals and growing, trying to get the most saved from starvation before they go to the big wipe in the sky.

point is in a sandbox game theres alot to do, other than posting on forums about how much someone hates the game lol(not this thread but in general) with all its faults this is the best game ive played in years

100 animals? Nice dude. Good share 👍

On 3/30/2019 at 9:16 PM, Kveldulf said:

I can see that some pvp players wouldn't care about a wipe.  Whether you lose everything while you sleep to a dev or a player, what's the difference?  Someone annoyed by offline raiding can't really spend that much time playing pvp in these types of games, so it would make sense that one wouldn't be bothered by randomly losing everything.

PvP players don't care about animals?  Why bother noticing the lack of balance then?  I do not think it means what you think it means.  I also don't think PvE players want unbalanced systems, pvp, pve, or otherwise.  Mind you, I do like it when a game I play has horses that are fun to ride and it's not about getting an upper-hand so you may have a point.  Somewhat. 😉

Cosmetics and FoY... you mean you think the trouble with the FoY is that it makes us look old?  Nah.  )

The trouble is the lack of thought that went into the design of what is essentially a PvE system.  Long, long ago, devs used to make games harder not by improving the ai, but by giving npc perfect aim.  They couldn't really do better at the time.  That's the course the dev in charge of the FoY took here.  MOAR beasties!  isn't exactly creative or interesting.  That's the trouble with the FoY, not the cosmetic effect.

With the animals I meant the farm animals. They are so OP that building a gally will just be a regular thing. It changed ship battles, base raids & dragon spam in such a bad way that the new changes to the claim system will have 0 effect since upkeep won’t be even hard, it will be a walk in the park. When they nerfed them and we could actually have some kind of fair game, the majority of the people complaining were from PvE, I mean a lot more; that’s why. 

Think about what would happen if the devs actually did what they wanted to do with the animals: Don’t give them a large role in this game. You would see some real ship battles because you can’t just build a new one, raids need to be thought about instead of just spamming and let the best farmer win. When you have a real upkeep for the larger groups in this update, they actually need to do something. With the huge buff, our gold storage went from 400K to around 2,5M pretty damn fast, future upkeep will have 0 effect on larger groups. Think about the dragon spam, it’s a good thing that we decided to only use dragons in defense rather than attacking, and I believe more people do. Otherwise PvP would be even a bigger shithole than it already is. 

Edited by Percieval