sand man

Twitch and YouTube is dead for Atlas.

Nobody is watching this game anymore, theres about 10 watching on Twitch  and hardly any vids on Youtube.

then be the dude that makes vids and streams this game when 1.5 comes. make that money homie. its an open niche that hasn't been exploited yet. get er done

• Thanks 1

i have tried streaming using OBS and you have to relay turn down the settings to get it to run smooth on the stream. maybe is one reason its not so popular to stream or make videos

8 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Is anyone surprised nobody is watching when the servers are about to be wiped and nobody is playing? 

can you stop posting low iq trash? atlas is dead on twitch since january

I always like it when people like OP post these kind of things. I always wonder what they’re thinking whilst doing it; “Oef, got nothing to do with mah life, better snatch at a game today, ‘hey guys atlas is dead’ - so, done that, i made mommy proud”.

Grow up kid. 

3 hours ago, TheCoolGuy said:

can you stop posting low iq trash? atlas is dead on twitch since january

Survival games are not usually those which are entertaining to watch. Look at ARK and Rust. None of those are watched on twitch (they have like sub 1000 viewers) yet they are played pretty much (ARK 56k peak players this month, Rust 77k). Atlas is even more slow paced than those games. Its pretty fun to play yet boring to watch 😉 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 5:36 AM, sand man said:

Nobody is watching this game anymore, theres about 10 watching on Twitch  and hardly any vids on Youtube.

Unsurprising given the incoming wipe, as has already been pointed out. I personally have yet to watch a single twitch stream of anything ever. I love games, but the notion of watching others play games merely for the sake of spectating is not something that appeals to me. I will watch the occasional youtube vid to learn how to do something specific in a game, but that's about it.  The whole notion that there are large numbers of people who do enjoy this sort of thing I find frankly a depressing comment on the state of h sapiens, kind of like how I was horrified that The Sims was a big hit, given that it's just a game of people doing ordinary everyday life things.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 8:36 AM, sand man said:

As it should have been from the beginning. I knew all this "stream sniping" bs wouldn't last long. You can't efficiently play this game and broadcast it to the entire world in a pvp setting and expect everyone to play fair. That's like asking a bank to leave the doors open to the vault and the keys to the front door, along with the alarm code in an envelope stuck to the front door with a note saying, "now please don't step in and rob us." Just the stupidest shit I've ever heard of in my entire life. Good riddens. 

1 hour ago, Bonedancer said:

As it should have been from the beginning. I knew all this "stream sniping" bs wouldn't last long. You can't efficiently play this game and broadcast it to the entire world in a pvp setting and expect everyone to play fair. That's like asking a bank to leave the doors open to the vault and the keys to the front door, along with the alarm code in an envelope stuck to the front door with a note saying, "now please don't step in and rob us." Just the stupidest shit I've ever heard of in my entire life. Good riddens. 

If you find a bank that does this, let me know?  I would love to retire early.

I watched a twitch stream and they where getting ddos attacked by some Chinese group. Every 10 seconds.

It was pretty bad. I expect the officials to still be this way on 1.5 with ddosing and cheats. Such a bad way to play a pvp game.

On 3/29/2019 at 1:36 PM, sand man said:

Tbh I never could understand why would the people who actually have the game installed would watch others playing that same game. Shite like that only breads the damned metas.

Were it for me alone, all those “twitches” “tubers” or whatnot would not even be a thing.

Edited by gnihar

55 minutes ago, gnihar said:

Tbh I never could understand why would the people who actually have the game installed would watch others playing that same game. Shite like that only breads the damned metas.

Were it for me alone, all those “twitches” “tubers” or whatnot would not even be a thing.

i watch to learn tactics and all sorts of stuff or maybe i find the person funny. I use twitch to spy as well. almost every major group has a streamer that doesnt think the enemy is watching.

theyre wrong.

4 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

i watch to learn tactics and all sorts of stuff or maybe i find the person funny. I use twitch to spy as well. almost every major group has a streamer that doesnt think the enemy is watching.

theyre wrong.

Great way to see a alpha game etc.. sometimes good stuff comes from twitch... mostly do i get ripped off or not LOL

I'll be streaming using obs when ptr comes up. On twitch.  Maybe I'll get that niche mob..

Been having some problems using obs lately tho, it causes several games to ctd.

I have no problem using OBS to stream to Twitch even on custom high settings 1920 x 1080. I am a new streamer, so I am just getting the ropes, but its fun!