What biomes / regions are you going to post wipe ? What did you like or dislike about the area ?

I started out with a place in H5 and at 1st I loved it, plenty of tames to choose from (wolves, lions, elephants, rhinos) plenty of resources ( fiber, thatch, wood, metal and honey and sugar) but for the love of Atlas the vultures drove me nuts. I was starving to death because soon as I would kill something there was a swarm of these over abundance pest all over it, whatever you do, do not hit one by mistake because it’s like they just stop, take  a good long look at you and call a couple dozen friends up telling them they just found desert.

Run for your life and take shelter immediately because shit just hit the fan !

After many many deaths I decided living in hell would be more comfortable so I loaded up my ship with the rags I had left over from being torn apart so many times and set sail in a north west direction, looking for a colder climate. Even though I ended up in the middle of Alpha heaven (F3), it was still better then the war I left behind. I mean in F3, you didn’t come out of your home and plan to take a stroll down along the beach, when you opened your door and stepped off the bottom step you hit the ground running, if it wasn’t the cobras, scorpions or crocs chasing you, it was the wolves or lions. As for myself I’ve never been to an area that deals with a lot of earthquakes but I can understand what people deal with now, the giraffes were so plentiful around my base the ground never stopped shaking and I often judged the threat going on in the area by that. If the ground was shaking it was relatively safe to go outside and do something, if it wasn’t then chances are a alpha was in the area and you’d better just sit inside and play solitaire for a little while.

All in all, I still preferred it over H5, basic resources there but nothing in abundance, we did have salt and crystals there but that’s basically it. 

Now I’ll say this much, in F3 and H5, I never had to deal with cyclones or whales. I also had plenty of outfits to because one min it was time to take a dip in the ocean and the next it was time to place your winter clothes back on.

How about the rest of you.

1 hour ago, Daemon Cross said:

I mean in F3, you didn’t come out of your home and plan to take a stroll down along the beach, when you opened your door and stepped off the bottom step you hit the ground running, if it wasn’t the cobras, scorpions or crocs chasing you, it was the wolves or lions.

You forgot the ants.  Not fatal, but so annoying.

• Like 1

I think I will be going somewhere cold. I have always liked the Tundra areas and as soon as you get a decent Yeti trap setup things are pretty relaxed 🙂 
The only problem is normally the lack of fiber but it is one particular resource that is really easy to transport.

All I really want is a little spot to call my own 🙂 

• Like 1

I wanted to be smarter than everybody and avoid crowds during the first few days, so I chose E12 as my Freeport. After a long and laggy journey I settled on the first island I stumbled upon on D11. There was plenty of free space, and I was naive enough just to put a couple of flags. There was no land grab idea during the first few days, and it was a friendly community. There were a couple of small snakes and OP wolves, but otherwise, it was such a relaxing place to live. After the landgrab wars, I had 5-6 land flags with an excellent resource set. Wolves became very rare, and snakes disappeared. Since I controlled bear spawn points it, I hade a great selection of top-level bears, and trading was easy enough since bears were so OP. Every time I traveled to other tropical regions, I wondered how difficult life could be with all the nasties spawning 24/7. D11 wasn't too cold, it was peaceful but once the land was locked nobody would ever come to the island. I think I'll go to the temperate region close to tropical again. 

• Like 1