Sign in to follow this  
Sixgun77

Nice try, jerks.

IMAO the weirdest thing about walls - I often see the same picture. Huge... I mean really HUGE wall cover like half of island, a-a-a-a-and, what's behind?

Nothing.

Just a single small thatch bungalow somewhere in center and that's it. So guy took insane amount of territory and then use like 2% of it. Why? I don't understand. There were two walled territory in my island but guys (hey there Iceborn Brotherhood and LondArm!!!) did all right! They took as much territory as they need:

cQjmhIz.jpg

Happened to me alot, Blackbeard company was a nightmare and used to block them off on an island.

Others were pushing back and blocking their things or placing structures, this is what happens when you can't be civilised helping each other.

The system around treasure needs changing.  

4 hours ago, George Catcher said:

IMAO the weirdest thing about walls - I often see the same picture. Huge... I mean really HUGE wall cover like half of island, a-a-a-a-and, what's behind?

Nothing.

Just a single small thatch bungalow somewhere in center and that's it. So guy took insane amount of territory and then use like 2% of it. Why? I don't understand. There were two walled territory in my island but guys (hey there Iceborn Brotherhood and LondArm!!!) did all right! They took as much territory as they need:

cQjmhIz.jpg

That base looks very easy to raid. I am surprised you haven't had a crack yet.

On 3/28/2019 at 3:04 PM, Amy3 said:

Plenty of people have plenty of good reasons to wall off an island without you and your tmap ever entering their mind

Ed Zachary. I walled off an entire island one time as a dressing room for the Swedish bikini team (little known fact, the current team are all very tall, and are often mistaken for the Swedish national women’s basketball team. To the observant eye, the swimwear is how to tell them apart.)

I’ve also walled off an island so that my close personal friend Josh Brolin could have a place to paint frescos. Not many people are aware of his passion for fresco painting, but that’s because most people don’t get to be close personal friends with Thanos. That’s right, I’m friends with the mad titan and you’re not.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, boomervoncannon said:

Ed Zachary. I walled off an entire island one time as a dressing room for the Swedish bikini team (little known fact, the current team are all very tall, and are often mistaken for the Swedish national women’s basketball team. To the observant eye, the swimwear is how to tell them apart.)

I’ve also walled off an island so that my close personal friend Josh Brolin could have a place to paint frescos. Not many people are aware of his passion for fresco painting, but that’s because most people don’t get to be close personal friends with Thanos. That’s right, I’m friends with the mad titan and you’re not.

It's a bit early to be pouring that stuff into your coffee innit?

2 minutes ago, Winter Thorne said:

It's a bit early to be pouring that stuff into your coffee innit?

You leave my egg nog and garlic flavored creamer out of this. You take your coffee however you like it, and I’ll make mine how it suits me. 🤪

• Haha 1

Once had a conversation with some guys on our pve island, we'd gated off about half of it, put 4-5 buildings inside, a farm, pen etc.  At the time the weight exploits and lockers etc weren't locked, so trust was an issue with people.

They asked us to open the gates to let them in and everyone, in my company was like "no don't let them in, they're here to steal our stuff" but I let them in, even helped out with a few of the undead and they gave us some gold n blueprints that we'd never be able to use or make.  The area was still gated off right up until the server network was taken down, only I'd unlocked the doors to let people in. 

I have to say it's understandable that people want to protect their own areas, but I personally don't like using gatewalls, it looked awful in ark. Looks awful in atlas.  But it comes down to the need to not be exploitable easily v necessity to keep stuff away from thieves etc. Plus there's an issue with server/client lag, caused by having huge walls made of multiple walls and foundations v a dozen gates which make 2 dozen polys and reduce lag etc issue.  It would be nice to have open land around buildings, but often stuff wanders in that forces you to wall it off.  And what wanders in isn't just humans.  Nothing beats logging in to all your dead tames and 2 hungry tigers outside.

Maybe in time they'll add some form of large wall/fencing system.  So we can easily make forts and castles out of as few items as necessary.  And treasure maps will update themselves or maybe even cover an approx area, rather than always be at an exact and specific spot.

Edited by Martyn

On 3/28/2019 at 12:03 PM, Luxfere said:

How are they jerks lol the treasure map system is flawed beyond belief. I have had chests under buildings 

how is  that a flaw? you don't think anyone in history built a house on top of buried treasure?