Sign in to follow this  
Sixgun77

Nice try, jerks.

Despite you walling off the entire island,  I was still able to get the buried treasure. 

Thanks.  Using the time before wipe to learn how things work,  how to find the different resources,  and generally just enjoying having the place to myself(for the most part. I've seen 2 other players on rafts since I started. I considered sinking them, but there was no reason to and it would not have been a challenge).

• Like 1

How are they jerks lol the treasure map system is flawed beyond belief. I have had chests under buildings 

• Like 1

I have had chests under buildings 

I once met treasure under the mountain. Army of damned out through the mountain edge and after I dealt with them, I was unable to dig it. Not near the mountain. Not on the top where green light came out.

That was high lvl treasure I sailed half atlas for it : )

z8uhB6H.jpg

Another time treasure was on the mountain edge. After spawn half of damned army just fell of the cliff far-away to the bottom : )

lQPRvLR.jpg

36 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

How are they jerks lol the treasure map system is flawed beyond belief. I have had chests under buildings 

Because they had walled off the entire island. Dick move. Then being jerks and the treasure map system have nothing to do with each other. 

1 minute ago, Sixgun77 said:

Because they had walled off the entire island. Dick move. Then being jerks and the treasure map system have nothing to do with each other. 

then climb over , whats the the issue , just cos u cant go with your op bear tame , still doable , learn the game mechanics

10 minutes ago, UDO said:

then climb over , whats the the issue , just cos u cant go with your op bear tame , still doable , learn the game mechanics

What bear? I haven't bothered with animals at all, because I have no interest in it.  Didn't have climbing pick with me,  but tried grappling hook. Hook would not attach. So I got most of the army of the damned to spawn outside the wall. Shot the last 2 through the gap between the beach and the bottom of the wall. Dug up treasure and went back to my ship. Drinks all around. 

Plenty of people have plenty of good reasons to wall off an island without you and your tmap ever entering their mind

2 hours ago, Sixgun77 said:

Thanks.  Using the time before wipe to learn how things work,  how to find the different resources,  and generally just enjoying having the place to myself(for the most part. I've seen 2 other players on rafts since I started. I considered sinking them, but there was no reason to and it would not have been a challenge).

2 words Un Official, try A1 unofficial for starters, give you a chance to explore the whole game. Some pvp etc..

5 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Plenty of people have plenty of good reasons to wall off an island without you and your tmap ever entering their mind

They do need to get rid of the whole ARK thing.

The whole system is crap... I had at least half the treasures walled in or built over with foundations. The second one is even more annoying because the mobs spawn and you can kill them, but not dig the stupid treasure up. Not to mention the ones that bug because one of the mobs decides not to pop up again for whatever reasons so you have to start over.

1 hour ago, Sixgun77 said:

Climb in there and fight them like a man, and not by tames, eh?

1 hour ago, Amy3 said:

Im sure they have their reasons. My opinion is that blocking off an entire island on a pve server is a dick move. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gnihar said:

Climb in there and fight them like a man, and not by tames, eh?

Fight who?  There's nobody actually there. Can I actually fight people on a pve server? And I don't have any tames,  that aspect of the game is 2nd from the bottom of the list of stuff I want to do in game. It's a big part of why I never got into ark,  I have no interest in taming dinosaurs. I want to craft stuff,  build a boat,  hire a crew,  and explore. 

2 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

2 words Un Official, try A1 unofficial for starters

I'll check that out post wipe. Im moving after the summer,  once that happens ill be able to host a private server(no access to router settings here) ,  which is how id really prefer to play. 

Edited by Sixgun77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sixgun77 said:

Im sure they have their reasons. My opinion is that blocking off an entire island on a pve server is a dick move. 

Welcome to ARK/Atlas

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sixgun77 said:

Despite you walling off the entire island,  I was still able to get the buried treasure. 

I am pretty sure they offer 1 day passes if you go to their ticket booth.

56 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

I am pretty sure they offer 1 day passes if you go to their ticket booth.

I tried.  Booth was empty. No one there,  not even Don Knotts.

5 minutes ago, Luxfere said:

Yea mountain climbing can be a pain 

Next time i'll bring a set of climbing picks. I didn't think they'd work because my grappling hook would not work.

Sounds like my island.. tho I'm sure I left gates unlocked at either end.. after I put all the animals on aggressive.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Martyn said:

Sounds like my island.. tho I'm sure I left gates unlocked at either end.. after I put all the animals on aggressive.

I think the owner of the walls was "R.I.P. Atlas"

haha, no not me then.. nice to know there's people like me about tho.. well, actually, I copied everyone else.. I actually built an actual wall around my island out of stone foundations.  Then realised all my resources had vanished and wouldn't respawn.. doh.. so I knocked it down and made a gatewall instead.  It's a look I really hate as well, but it keeps people out.. more or less.

Im pretty sure this was a gatewall. Cant say for sure because I haven't built any gates myself,  but it was extremely tall without being more than one unit high.  Grappling hook would not attach,  if that helps identify it. 

I definitely got a good laugh when I saw the name. 

First couple treasure maps I tried were on mountains.  I climbed up then suddenly disappeared into into the mountain and died with no chance of recovering my body or the map I had.  Beyond frustrating.