Sign in to follow this  
ButtPirate

Not really a pirate game.

This game needs more things pirate like. boarding enemy ships should be a main part of this game.  as it stands now all people do is sink each other ship and move on.

We should be boarding ships, killing or taking the crew as slaves ,then we can sink the ship or steal it. There is really nothing to raid people for in this game. No valuable items.

There needs to be items that cant be made by players say a statue as an example and what ever company has this on their claim gets 2x taming or something like that.

Make a reason to raid people. make rare items that players can only get from enemies or treasure maps. We should be able to rape players too

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, ButtPirate said:

This game needs more things pirate like. boarding enemy ships should be a main part of this game.  as it stands now all people do is sink each other ship and move on.

We should be boarding ships, killing or taking the crew as slaves ,then we can sink the ship or steal it. There is really nothing to raid people for in this game. No valuable items.

There needs to be items that cant be made by players say a statue as an example and what ever company has this on their claim gets 2x taming or something like that.

Make a reason to raid people. make rare items that players can only get from enemies or treasure maps. We should be able to rape players too

There is only one way to make this game not ark. No bases at all, not even small ones and not tames at all.

that isn’t going to happen. Ship battles are the tiniest part about this game. 

This game is about building bases. Taming animals, controlling servers

Hmm, its a tough one though realist. I agree it takes the whole thing away somewhat doing pve stuff in a game like this, but it is kinda fun domination just i think it needs to be very tweaked. Biggest problem i see is too much focused on tames, and pve crafting. Nothing crafting deep with pvp stuff as much. Also the treasure chests, all that needs to be tweaked. As for subs? like really.... but whatever different ark game, its too advanced for a pirate game.

Thank gawd for Un official so we can get rid of 90% of the junk.

Edited by Sneakydude
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

Hmm, its a tough one though realist. I agree it takes the whole thing away somewhat doing pve stuff in a game like this, but it is kinda fun domination just i think it needs to be very tweaked. Biggest problem i see is too much focused on tames, and pve crafting. Nothing crafting deep with pvp stuff as much. Also the treasure chests, all that needs to be tweaked. As for subs? like really.... but whatever different ark game, its too advanced for a pirate game.

Thank gawd for Un official so we can get rid of 90% of the junk.

That what I mean though. Ark is pretty much you build a base and raid the base. Atlas is the exact same except you build a base, then build a boat and then raid a base. They basically added boats to ark.

base building shouldn’t even be a thing in my opinion. Pirate game to me equals open seas and sea battles, not ark with boats

32 minutes ago, Realist said:

That what I mean though. Ark is pretty much you build a base and raid the base. Atlas is the exact same except you build a base, then build a boat and then raid a base. They basically added boats to ark.

base building shouldn’t even be a thing in my opinion. Pirate game to me equals open seas and sea battles, not ark with boats

Im pretty sure pirates had their bases 😉 look at Nassau for instance. They even declared Nassau a pirate republic.

Edited by Willard

6 minutes ago, V0id3d said:

I agree with you but that was a pirate Freeport, no?

it was a british colony. An island that wanted to break away and be a pirate nation. Damn i miss the series black sails... such a good pirate show.

11 hours ago, ButtPirate said:

First: NO! We should NOT be able to rape players.

I agree with you that boarding should be a thing
I proposed an idea for this mechanic some time ago. It is still possible to upvote this thing 😛

But I have a problem with the statue idea.

If you can craft such a statue and no matter how hard it is. People will craft it instead of stealing it. Statues will loose their value because sooner or later everyone will have such a thing. I think the valuable item you are looking for is Gold.
On it's own the statue idea is nice. But not as powerfull item. And why should it be on a ship anyway?
If we have such items they should cost an insane amount of gold upkeep. That would be interesting. the more gold sinks are added to the game the more valuable it becomes. If we have different types of "statues" for example and we make them really expensive. You have to decide which type you want or you have to be filthy rich.

So we should aim for an increase in gold value. It is already on ships most of the time because of NPC's.

Edited by Kappinski

How would boarding and making other players slaves actually make the game fun for those being made to role play slaves?

Just curious  😉

Log in for a nice relaxing night playing Atlas, and suddenly remember as the screen loads, I can't do it because some corp has me locked with ball anc chain, and it's peeling spud sim for me all night lol.  Even worse, mopping floor sim.

Could always play this instead, probably better frame rate.

https://www.moddb.com/games/potatoes-peeling-simulator/downloads/potatoes-peeling-simulator-v02

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

How would boarding and making other players slaves actually make the game fun for those being made to role play slaves?

Just curious  😉

Log in for a nice relaxing night playing Atlas, and suddenly remember as the screen loads, I can't do it because some corp has me locked with ball anc chain, and it's peeling spud sim for me all night lol.  Even worse, mopping floor sim.

Could always play this instead, probably better frame rate.

https://www.moddb.com/games/potatoes-peeling-simulator/downloads/potatoes-peeling-simulator-v02

When you kill a player you could get a token in your inventory for a slave with the player you killed name and stats. A player could only give out 1 slave token every 24 hours to avoid over abuse. This way you can prove you killed them and they still get to play on as normal and not a slave.

2 minutes ago, Azurfale said:

When you kill a player you could get a token in your inventory for a slave with the player you killed name and stats. A player could only give out 1 slave token every 24 hours to avoid over abuse. This way you can prove you killed them and they still get to play on as normal and not a slave.

haha ok fair enough.  The ultimate humiliation...   Just make sure y'all wear protection huh  😉

You can yell yourself to death if they don't notice. If you don't want to get captured. Don't get captured.
And don't forget that the upcoming execution mechanic will give you exp. So you have a reason to kill them instead of keeping them alive.

I would have a lot of fun if someone captures me. I would start singing to be as annoying as possible. But still, I would try to avoid it at any cost.

3 hours ago, Willard said:

Im pretty sure pirates had their bases 😉 look at Nassau for instance. They even declared Nassau a pirate republic.

Yeah for all the pirates to go to lol that would never happen in this game either. I don’t remember reading about them all having big huge bases let alone any bases. They mainly sailed around attacking villages or other ships.

Did pirates form companies?  I don't recall.

This game cannot be 100% pirates.  There needs to be country and company ships (EIC for example) to raid and possibly commandeer.  The MEGAs people complain about are the countries.  Their politics and wars affect entire regions.  Smaller companies can act like a country and play the political game or they can go the pirate route and hit whoever they please.  anyone can play both sides of this as they see fit.  We determine the game we play.   

Just like the days of old if you piss off the wrong person you might find a nation state knocking on your harbor door.  Play the game right and you might find a Nation taking out an adversary for you. 

Having said that I do wish capturing a ship was easier.  The way it stands now its damn near impossible.  Who is going to destroy beds and then protect a ship for hours on end when we can go farm one and build it in a much shorter period.  Even if the ship was a complete mythical build it would be such a PITA. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

This game cannot be 100% pirates.  There needs to be country and company ships (EIC for example) to raid and possibly commandeer.  The MEGAs people complain about are the countries.  Their politics and wars affect entire regions.  Smaller companies can act like a country and play the political game or they can go the pirate route and hit whoever they please.  anyone can play both sides of this as they see fit.  We determine the game we play.   

Just like the days of old if you piss off the wrong person you might find a nation state knocking on your harbor door.  Play the game right and you might find a Nation taking out an adversary for you. 

Having said that I do wish capturing a ship was easier.  The way it stands now its damn near impossible.  Who is going to destroy beds and then protect a ship for hours on end when we can go farm one and build it in a much shorter period.  Even if the ship was a complete mythical build it would be such a PITA. 

So Megas aren’t real pirates. I can of figured that. The real pirates are the small companies. Guess the Megas want to play Sid meirs civilization 

6 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

It's not and never mentioned as "Really Pirate Game": 

lEiLLy1.jpg

: ))

How many tide pods have ate today? Tell me again how 1+1 = 3 on your flat earth.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

So Megas aren’t real pirates. I can of figured that. The real pirates are the small companies. Guess the Megas want to play Sid meirs civilization 

I dont think that was the intention of a mega company, it just turns out that way to keep members actively so world domination is the only way. Yet they can run some pretty mean crews too for pvp.

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

I dont think that was the intention of a mega company, it just turns out that way to keep members actively so world domination is the only way. Yet they can run some pretty mean crews too for pvp.

never seen a mega good at pvp. Flooding a grid causing the server to lag out zerg a small company isn't good. not by a long shot.

3 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

I think this is an exceptionally cool way of looking at it. 

19 hours ago, ButtPirate said:

The reason why there isn't much boarding is because of how easy it is to sink other ships compared to how it was back then. Ships in this game seem to be made of cardboard rather then solid oak. If they lowered the damage cannons do to ships or upped the damage resistance of planks you would see more boarding especially between the larger ships.

• Like 1

That and it sometimes took days for a ship to sink and that was usually due to added calamity and/or missteps by the crew trying to salvage the ship.  I guess in game time is greatly sped up.  I never even bothered to check.  Whats one hour in real life equal to in Atlas time?  Full day?  I don't know.  If it takes 20 minutes to sink a gally with one plank missing thats quite a few hours in game time.  But for some reason to capture a brig can take multiple days/weeks in game?  Whats up with that? 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

That and it sometimes took days for a ship to sink and that was usually due to added calamity and/or missteps by the crew trying to salvage the ship.  I guess in game time is greatly sped up.  I never even bothered to check.  Whats one hour in real life equal to in Atlas time?  Full day?  I don't know.  If it takes 20 minutes to sink a gally with one plank missing thats quite a few hours in game time.  But for some reason to capture a brig can take multiple days/weeks in game?  Whats up with that? 

Yep in real life even in the largest battles it was still fairly uncommon for ships to sink. You see artwork of some of the battles and there are ships completely demastered, many of the crew dead and many of its cannons out of action and on fire but its still floating. That said this is a game so obviously it will be different but that doesn't mean they can't tweak the values.

With regards to ship capturing ingame I think the main reason why they have made it take hours is to stop ninja thieves from just throwing a grapple on some galleon in a harbor and claiming it in 10 minutes. They need a system where it can distinguish between boarding at sea vs boarding while docked. Maybe if the ship has been docked for then 10 minutes it goes into a "docked state" and has the current long claim times otherwise the claim times are much shorter.