Sign in to follow this  
Whitehawk

No solo no more?

I know this is an MMO and as such geared to joining groups,but a lot of us gamers play solo for various reasons.I heard you say that you wanted the game to be more balanced for groups and solo players or smaller groups,then you announce updates like the new sub,I thought great.Oh but hang on,how the heck am I supposed to solo the Kraken to get  the sub?So no sub for me and any other solo player.Could you not just do a closed single player option like in Ark?at least that way solo players can get to enjoy the whole game and still have fun online.Many Thx for your time.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

So no sub for me and any other solo player.

I have heard that you can Solo the Kraken, but we are talking like CRAZY HIGH skill level needed.  And bigger Companies sometimes post open invites to Kraken raids for solo and small Companies.  I play in a Company with 1 other person and we've killed the Kraken twice by Allying and tagging along with other small Companies.

Honestly, the Kraken SEEMS like more of an impossible challenge then it really is.

I hope that official release includes a built in single player or private server option like ark or conan. If not,  i'll eventually have to learn how to host one myself after I move. I like to play solo,  but I don't want my playstyle to mess with the people who want to pvp or pve in groups

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Whitehawk said:

I know this is an MMO and as such geared to joining groups,but a lot of us gamers play solo for various reasons.I heard you say that you wanted the game to be more balanced for groups and solo players or smaller groups,then you announce updates like the new sub,I thought great.Oh but hang on,how the heck am I supposed to solo the Kraken to get  the sub?So no sub for me and any other solo player.Could you not just do a closed single player option like in Ark?at least that way solo players can get to enjoy the whole game and still have fun online.Many Thx for your time.  

They could but it would only be one server size. I am pretty sure you would have a way different experience. 

7 hours ago, ButtPirate said:

I solo the Kraken with a schooner its not hard at all.

Just because you could or can do it now, doesn't mean you will be able to at release.  Perhaps a video showing how you do it might help..

If it helps, I heard that Chuck Norris fancied calamari, so solo'd the Kraken with a pair of chopsticks and a bottle of soy sauce.  Shows it can be done.

• Haha 1

I saw guy with a louvers Galley got Kraken to 5% of health (somewhere around that) he just had to do once more 8 tentacles down and hit Kraken.

Then his time was up.

As for MMO - right now there is just no group features in game. 

- No looking for group.

- No group up.

- No group interaction.

Even with Kraken battle - it's just fleet of solo players sail to the same spot and fight the same boss.

Edited by George Catcher

13 hours ago, Whitehawk said:

Single player is a must, the outlaws of the old west players are thankfull for SP because of the cheats in that game.

2 hours ago, sand man said:

Single player is a must, the outlaws of the old west players are thankfull for SP because of the cheats in that game.

The problem is that most people's computer can't handle a single player game.  Or if it could you'd only be able to operate a single sector ... which means no Powerstone islands or Kraken Maw.

This game is designed to be an MMO.  Just like there is no single player version of WoW or EVE, you aren't meant to play it as a single player.

Is there problems right now that individual and casual players have trouble finding groups?  Sure, but I wouldn't put it past them to remedy that in the future.

4 hours ago, George Catcher said:

I saw guy with a louvers Galley got Kraken to 5% of health (somewhere around that) he just had to do once more 8 tentacles down and hit Kraken.

Then his time was up.

As for MMO - right now there is just no group features in game. 

- No looking for group.

- No group up.

- No group interaction.

Even with Kraken battle - it's just fleet of solo players sail to the same spot and fight the same boss.

This isnt wow 

7 minutes ago, CoopedUp said:

The problem is that most people's computer can't handle a single player game.  Or if it could you'd only be able to operate a single sector ... which means no Powerstone islands or Kraken Maw.

This game is designed to be an MMO.  Just like there is no single player version of WoW or EVE, you aren't meant to play it as a single player.

Is there problems right now that individual and casual players have trouble finding groups?  Sure, but I wouldn't put it past them to remedy that in the future.

Eh there will be aspects of single player but overall you need a team of players, 

This isnt wow 

The problem is nothing to do with WoW.

Right now you just on your own. You build your base, do your stuff. But who is near? You might know your neighbors on your island. they might even answer you chat messages and that's it. What about other islands? Who is there? Who are those 12 ppl online on your server? Where are they? Are there any1 wanna do some mission? Golden ages? Kraken? This new underwater zone after a patch?

Maybe some1 wanna hunt high lvl SotDs together? Or go for high lvl treasure with map he just found?

Well right now the only way to get answers to all those questions is chat.

You ask... and nobody answers.

At least that's what happen to me. I've been to resources search mission. I've been to discoveries missions. I've been hunting tames! I've been chasing whales. And high lvl SotDs. Each grid, with 5-10-20-30 ppl online I was asking a lot of questions. Where to find some sort of animals. Where to find resources. Where are discoveries. Any1 saw a whale around recently? And the only her majesty silence was answering my questions. 

And with that - how do you know some1 gonna hunt powerstone you need? How do you let him (or her) know - you wanna join?

Game simply doesn't provide any feature to do so. (I hope not yet).

p.s. - You cannot sail through 225 grids keep asking about together activities, right?

Edited by George Catcher

Like others have said, the Kraken has been killed solo even before the 60% (!) damage nerf. In my opinion it’s a good thing that the sub is behind the kraken so it takes some skill. It’s only a bit stupid it will be behind the kraken during EA, let us all test stuff. 

19 hours ago, CoopedUp said:

Maybe they would rather play alone ??

2 hours ago, sand man said:

Maybe they would rather play alone ??

Then they'll either have to pay for their own server (where they can use admin commands all they want), or accept that some content will always be locked behind events that require a group.

In my opinion I can't see why anyone would want to play ATLAS in single-player.  I mean in that state it's no different then a slightly modded ARK.  Why buy an entirely new game when you can modify an existing one to achieve the same results?