Sign in to follow this  
V0id3d

Ark + Eve Online

I personally love the game I agree with a lot of the complaints and can only really see it moving to more Eve’ish play style. 4 security levels claiming only available on e or none don’t allow brigs and above in Freeport’s. No ship of the damned in zone outside of free ports but building bases with decay timers. The zones that border those zones should have sod with improved loot and obviously the packs as proposed allow for these zones to be build and no decay but realities safety (perhaps colonies) and finally the rest of map is Wild West. Merge all servers into one and implement criminal timer to stop players from hit and run into free ports. I love this game, ark and eve and I really see potential really hope devs pull it through. 

Let the the flames begin lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This would not work at all. Everyone will just hide with their loot in high sec and low sec will just become pointless. Look at all the dead private servers that tried something similar. They are dead for a reason.

Loot has to be moved there.  It also has to be moved out to be used.  Maybe make it so BP's cannot be built from inside Freeports.  Sure the BP is safe, but its useless as well.   Good BP's will only drop in low/null sec and only the good materials that are needed to build them are there as well.  I don't think they would be useless. 

There are a million things we can tweak to make this work. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Haha 1

The reason it would work is the same reason it works in eve. Null sec is only place to get super rare materials. Take for instance ‘gems’ if this material was only available in null sec then the player must travel back to the Freeport with them thus creating content. Also don’t know if you were new to the party but high end bps were always kept in Freeport’s in an animal (least for small companies). 

As for dead private servers, that could be number of reasons. Fact is Eve thrives for a reason as it’s a true sandbox, also making all server join as one gives place for all people. Now I know that there would be kinks like adding crime system would be a pain but to keep the mmorpg and sandbox the only real blueprint is Eve. 

Again in I say I love this game as it’s trying to merge two of my fav games Eve and ark so I’ll stick with it. 

Edited by V0id3d
  • Haha 1

So player mines stuff in some dangerous zone then parks his ship in the safe zone and can't be touched. Yep that is going to lead to amazing PVP.

24 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

So player mines stuff in some dangerous zone then parks his ship in the safe zone and can't be touched. Yep that is going to lead to amazing PVP.

I don't know about amazing, but at least the guy would be there to try to save his ship, i don't know if the other way would qualify as pvp. 

Well what would bring on the goodfites is locking off ship size in certain zones. Also adding all servers into one increases run ins at sea. 

14 hours ago, znasser said:

I don't know about amazing, but at least the guy would be there to try to save his ship, i don't know if the other way would qualify as pvp. 

Hows it qualify as "PVP" if you can't even damage his ship???