Mr Putts

Please mix up the tiles on the PTR

Don't allow the live server to have the same grid placement as the PTR. Let everyone have to discover the assets of the islands. I know several people that are already talking about trying to get a leg up on the island they want to claim by using the PTR to scout.

I plan on playing on the PTR. That doesn't change my stance of island placement should be different on the live.

I would like to see the whole World mixed for the final release. But for a new patch after wipe? Nope! This is a ton of work to design such a map. It is not that you can shuffle all those tiles randomly. Of course... the climate would be a quick reskin. But resources have to be deployed with some balance over the entire world.

I think they already posted that the PTR will have less and different grids then the live servers.  It was posted somewhere in a Company Log I think.

7 hours ago, Mr Putts said:

Don't allow the live server to have the same grid placement as the PTR. Let everyone have to discover the assets of the islands. I know several people that are already talking about trying to get a leg up on the island they want to claim by using the PTR to scout.

You have a very good point an that is exactly what should be done. No reason for people to be cheating

17 hours ago, CoopedUp said:

I think they already posted that the PTR will have less and different grids then the live servers.  It was posted somewhere in a Company Log I think.

Attention Pathfinders,

This coming Wednesday, the 27th of March, we’ll be bringing down the Official EU PvE Network as we prepare for the upcoming launch of the Public Test Realm. We’ll be needing to make use of the entire 15x15 grid to ensure that we are fully able to check our changes, including the additional islands and new biomes.

In the future, the PTR will exist on its own network with its own unique servers, potentially in the form of multiple small clusters. However for this update, due to the sheer size and availability of hardware, we’ll be making use of this network.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused and we are very excited to get this patch out to you guys as soon as possible. Stay tuned for more details in the coming week regarding the launch of the PTR and the patch.

Please note, this does not mean that the PTR will accessible to players on the 27th, just that this network will go offline to prepare for it.

21 minutes ago, UnknownSystemError said:

Attention Pathfinders,

Are you the same USE from the AoC forums?

On 3/27/2019 at 12:27 PM, Mr Putts said:

What MMO has ever changed the map layout for a PTR?

Granted, this is not a fully functioning MMO, and a seasons format would work much better for the near future.

But still, this is not an issue. The only assets you cant scout RIGHT NOW, are the added islands. The same islands will be in the same grid with the same or similar bioms, except for the added biomes witch will be new.

You would have to be a dumbass to think scouting a PTR (that is accessible to everyone who paid for the game) is cheating. Oh wait....

On 3/27/2019 at 6:27 PM, Mr Putts said:

Oh please don’t. Planned to no-life the stuffing outta ptr and sniff out the unraidable island to build on.

Edited by gnihar