ButtPirate

Canons / Puckle / Swivel

What good are these things for on a PVE server? can you sink people ships and raid on PVE server? legit questions I'd like to know as I never played on a PVE server

You can't do any PvP with them. They are used only for SotD, animals etc.

22 minutes ago, Pizik said:

You can't do any PvP with them. They are used only for SotD, animals etc.

You can PvP with them if you declare war on another company.

Barring that, though, yeah cannons are for SotD and elementals and puckle/swivel guns are for dealing with aggressive fauna.

1 hour ago, Kidori said:

You can PvP with them if you declare war on another company.

Barring that, though, yeah cannons are for SotD and elementals and puckle/swivel guns are for dealing with aggressive fauna.

So you can declare war on companies on PVE? I thought that was only for PVP.

In the current version of the game yes, you can declare war on companies in PvE.

I don't know if there are any plans to change that in 1.5

26 minutes ago, Kidori said:

In the current version of the game yes, you can declare war on companies in PvE.

I don't know if there are any plans to change that in 1.5

Really? I never heard about that. But the other company has to agree to the war right? It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

By the way. If this isn't the case I think it would be a nice change that if two companies agree upon war they can fight each other on PvE.

Yes, both companies have to agree, and the war lasts for the agreed upon amount of time.

7 hours ago, George Catcher said:

Can any1 also point - what are "BARSHOTS" for? : ) Didn't find any usage for them...

Shoot them at sails and it should slow down the target ship.

Shoot them at sails and it should slow down the target ship.

That's how they should work in real life.

In atlas however I'm not sure if sails are takes different damage rules then other parts of ship. Also not sure if damaged sails slow ship down. And, of course, there is no sails in SotDs : ))

On 3/27/2019 at 3:27 PM, ButtPirate said:

What good are these things for on a PVE server? can you sink people ships and raid on PVE server? legit questions I'd like to know as I never played on a PVE server

Can shoot crocs with them.  And Ships of the Damned.. and your own stuff.  And your mates. 🙂

We experimented with installing a swivel gun manned by an NPC to blast the daily alpha wolves and lions that would come by our base and never leave because they wanted to get at the dozens of our tames inside a giant multi-level pen/barn/storage/zoo/whatever building...  We had it too low because the NPC would get one shot off, and the attacking animal would leap and knock the NPC off the gun, forcing it to fight with it's bare hands.  We ended up not building a watchtower or two, because we noticed another problem.  The NPCs, no matter what we set their behavior to, would shoot at anything/everything that came in range....  used up a ton of ammo, and all the dead birds, rabbits, and pissed off giraffes were really an eyesore.

• Haha 1

Yeh you need to set the wheel to specifics and the wheel is utterly useless.  Like why can't you just set it to aggressive animals? Instead of ALL wild.. It's a stupid design from Ark, same problem there with autocannon etc.

Better to set them up and use em manually.  I used my puckle for shooting fish.. wasn't much fun.

There is a plant turret in Ark that shoots stuff at a distance and you can load it with millions of shots worth.. it's pretty useful.  Both in pve and to a degree in pvp.

Edited by Martyn