ShawnDaGeek

Custom Map Freeports not spawning players correctly

Ok the quick:  i created a custom map, with home server, 4 freeports, spawnPointOverride as 0,1,2,3 and server has Spawn Regions as North, East, South and West but new players are spawning in on other islands, not on the freeports.  My question is, is it possible to add addition islands to home server, and if so what am i missing? 

Edited by ShawnDaGeek

On 3/26/2019 at 7:49 PM, ShawnDaGeek said:

Ok the quick:  i created a custom map, with home server, 4 freeports, spawnPointOverride as 0,1,2,3 and server has Spawn Regions as North, East, South and West but new players are spawning in on other islands, not on the freeports.  My question is, is it possible to add addition islands to home server, and if so what am i missing? 

Facebook.Website.png

That is a little strange, players should only be spawning on your freeports. How are the other islands setup? I believe you can allow spawning on them but players would be at a random location and not the freeport like on the other islands (because there isn't any). I'd check over those other island settings and make sure they are setup correctly and don't have the freeport/region assignments tied to them.

Same issue here...

Grid with 9 Islands 8 Normal ones with -1 as spawnzone, 1 Freeport as Spawnzone 0.

Spawntemplate is setup correctly.

I am spawning on one of the 8 Islands instead of the Freeport...

I answered this on another thread, have alook and if it works for you please show some love 🙂
It took me an hour or so of trial and error to get working.

If you want multiple spawn Islands then set spawns up as usual but mark the islands you want spawns on as 0,1,2,3,4 and the Islands you don't want players to spawn on, make those a higher number than the spawns. This should work, though I did not test with multiple Spawns just a single spawn.

5 hours ago, whysirraps said:

I'm having the same issue on a 1x1 grid. I've checked the spawn templates as well and all appears correct.

On 3/27/2019 at 5:49 AM, ShawnDaGeek said:

Facebook.Website.png

Edited by GingerNinja

I stem them up with higher priority, lower priority and -1.  No matter the order we could not get players to correctly spawn on freeport island when other islands are on same map. 

5 hours ago, ShawnDaGeek said:

I stem them up with higher priority, lower priority and -1.  No matter the order we could not get players to correctly spawn on freeport island when other islands are on same map. 

Just clarifying, you set the other islands overrides to say 10+ and the spawns still did not work? I had to use this "cheat" way to get around it and is still working fine today, Only issue we have is that the discoveries in that zone can't be discovered.
From what I have read so far, it seems that only some of us have an issue with the spawns and others it works as intended.

I've done a lot of testing to try to fix this issue including your "fix" GingerNinja and that does not consistently work unfortunately.  (Yes, I do have my Freeports set to 0,1 and other islands set to 9+)  

We need a way to consistently set an island as "no spawn" for new players and those changing home servers.   The spawnpointoverride of -1 is no longer working. 

I was having the same issue, as well.  I ended up remaking my ATLAS Home Server and wiping out all islands except for the freeports and viola, everyone was spawning on freeports and could travel between them.  Unfortunately I was unable to find a way to fix this so I just left only the 4 islands on the Home Server grid.

Is this topic too old to answer?  I've been messing with this all day and I think I found a solution.  My server is a single cell, and I placed 11 islands in that cell as well as 3 freeports.  Everything I tried including setting the freeport islands to 0,1,2,3 and the rest to -1 didn't work.

In the Spawn region to the right of character creation I see island (1130), island (1131), no idea where these numbers are coming from. It would be cool to see some kind of name here.

So I tried something screwy.  I started with the freeport islands and set them all to be spawn points, starting with 0 and going up to the last island. And it worked!  When I choose the first island in the list I'm at freeport #0.

I also tried the bAutoGenerateIslandSpawnRegions=false which did no good in either the default gameusersettings.ini or in the save at 00

Edit: Just reied choosing the second island in the list and wound up at freeport 1, yay!

Edited by GaryP
additional info