Sign in to follow this  
Adolf Pirate P

Long live the big companies!

Everyday I log into my favourite game and reading on these beautiful forums the whining of MUH SMALL TRIBE GOT OFFLINE RAIDED.

In the beginning I was one of that whining bitch too, until I realized hey let's be smart and stop moaning and join a big tribe as well. And guess what? Being on the other side of the sword/carbine/(Galleon?) makes this game much better. 

Some small tribe outsmarted me and sunk my Galleon. MUH MYTHICAL GALLEON. 

I rageq.. No I didn't rage quit and we went with almost our entire tribe to wipe them, and they end up merging with us and they were first really salty of course but later they realized that they had made the right choice, they are still with us today. From ENEMY to FRIEND. It's POSSIBLE. 

Adolf. No not Adolf Hitler. 

But isn't that the "we are 100ppl coming to you to sink all your ships, kill all your tames and waste all your stuff because you had the fun sinking one of our ships" thing?

Imo that's one of the major reasons many ppl left the game, since any encounter could have lead to total extinction or a forced merge (what means to give up what you aimed for when you started the company). I mean it's good for you both what came out of it, but your first intention was to punish other players for doing PVP.

For me that's the same as imprisoning enemy players forever, forcing them to make a new character.

It can be extremely frustrating when large comanies put an eye one you. And for me "just join them" can't be the answer, not everyone wants to be in a 200+ tribe, some people prefer the small ones, and they should have the chance to do so in a game like this.

Gameplay slowly developed from "hey, unknown tribe, let's attack" and "thx for pvp" afterwards to "don't attack them, they're alpha", "don't attack them, they're allies of alpha" and "don't attack them, they're assholes" leading to less and less opportunities for good PVP (with "good" I mean fun for both sides) and PVP anyway.

Imo many tribes are just too eager to become alpha, and they don't realize how they kill the fun for others (who don't want to be alpha) while trying to reach and stay it. Plus many abuse their superiority for the fun of destroying weaker enemies that can't defend against like 50 players at once.

23 hours ago, Adolf Pirate P said:

And guess what? Being on the other side of the sword/carbine/(Galleon?) makes this game much better. 

Not really.

I have done both, solo at the start, a couple of medium companies (that got absorbed by) a large company and then (absorbed by) an even larger company. Now, I am still in that larger (top 10, although not hard currently) company but it now feels like I am solo again (apart from all  the bases I have access to). 

It was fun at all stages but the autonomy is a different challenge. While it sucks to be some dude below decks repairing planks while someone else is having the most fun up-top sailing and shooting the cannons, it also sucks when your brig sinks because you had no one to repair the planks while you sailed and fought. 

Solo you never have to second guess what you are doing because maybe you are not "Pulling your weight" in the company. In a company you can slack off and few would notice but some have the compunction to assist their company even if their solo leanings are not noticed. 

As you can probably see, I am not certain which is more preferable; I am currently having fun though 🙂 

Edited by Pizik

On 3/26/2019 at 10:05 AM, Adolf Pirate P said:

Everyday I log into my favourite game and reading on these beautiful forums the whining of MUH SMALL TRIBE GOT OFFLINE RAIDED.

In the beginning I was one of that whining bitch too, until I realized hey let's be smart and stop moaning and join a big tribe as well. And guess what? Being on the other side of the sword/carbine/(Galleon?) makes this game much better. 

Some small tribe outsmarted me and sunk my Galleon. MUH MYTHICAL GALLEON. 

I rageq.. No I didn't rage quit and we went with almost our entire tribe to wipe them, and they end up merging with us and they were first really salty of course but later they realized that they had made the right choice, they are still with us today. From ENEMY to FRIEND. It's POSSIBLE. 

Adolf. No not Adolf Hitler. 

You don’t really seem that smart if a couple guys sank your galleon 😂

either that or laziness.