Sign in to follow this  
Willard

Server type after Wipe poll

Jerryn

This thread, or any other thread on the forum, is not the place to advertise your server(s).  Please use the server advertisements forum.

Message added by Jerryn

What server type do you choose after wipe?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. What server type do you choose after wipe?

• PvP - Colonies
    • PvP - Empires
    • PvE

okay ... just 24 people voted by now but its hilarious that empires has 0% so far xD
I am curious how this will turn out.

• Like 1

PVE if I wanted PVP rust would be it. I prefer the helping each other in game and going on adventures without the thought of being attacked by big companies.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

You forgot Quit, that option isn't available yet.

This poll is about distribution of population after wipe, not about people who won´t play. 

• Like 1

this poll has been done a million times, but uh sure I guess what's one more

so far this poll doesn't look any different than all the others

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

this poll has been done a million times, but uh sure I guess what's one more

so far this poll doesn't look any different than all the others

This poll was here but author deleted it because it proved he was wrong. I´ve just remade it so we can see some numbers. But you are right, another poll is on reddit. Wanna compare that. 

Edit: Can u link me this poll here on forums? I made it because I didn´t see any of them.

Edited by Willard

1 hour ago, Amy3 said:

reddit had like five of them

These forums aren´t reddit, are they? Sound like if there is already a poll somewhere on the internet we are not allowed to post it here 😉 

I really don´t know why is anyone bothered by a poll. 

Btw there is 1, not "like five of them", and it´s this: https://www.strawpoll.me/17637634/r

Edited by Willard

That poll in the link is only for pvp from what I seen, there was no option for pve so that is a biased poll and can’t be held accountable for the player base.

Reddit is also not a official Atlas resource so again not as many people will constantly check it.

Wow I truly think maintaining Empires will be just a waste of money and manpower. According to this poll and reddit poll. 

9 hours ago, Willard said:

Wow I truly think maintaining Empires will be just a waste of money and manpower. According to this poll and reddit poll. 

Of course it will be. But if there is one thing this company is good at is damage control. By making both types of clusters they can say that they aren’t showing favoritism towards any play style. It is pretty genius actually.

also, they never said how long they would wait to see if you dies out. They may not be good at developing but they are damn good at damage control, I will give them that.

I am so interested in this poll. I wonder what the devs think? 

I have always wondered exactly what the numbers would reflect of PVP vs PVE in Ark. With as many private servers there are out there, I have always thought that many more players play pve than pvp.  The pvp people always assure me that is not the case but if you search for servers, it would reflect that pve is more popular.

Do devs embrace pvp more because it brings more money?  I have been curious about this for a very long time. 

I know this poll is not a clear showing of how many people play each type but it sure is interesting.  

I voted PvE because I'm still learning the game...  I want to know all of my options before being 'spawn camped' every time I try to log on as a noob.  Once I know what I'm trying to do I will move into the PvP world, whichever wins out.

Spawn camping isn't really a thing in this game.  There is always a  bed to spawn on or a Freeport that is safe.

Edited by DocHolliday

2 hours ago, Hambo said:

I voted PvE because I'm still learning the game...  I want to know all of my options before being 'spawn camped' every time I try to log on as a noob.  Once I know what I'm trying to do I will move into the PvP world, whichever wins out.

PvP in Atlas isn´t really fast, it´s pretty slow paced 🙂 

I am really amazed at how pve has continued to be so high in the polling.  I always thought pve was more popular but this has surprised me.  

On 3/26/2019 at 2:30 PM, Master_Pain said:

Not a large enough sample size yet, but still, pretty telling...

But probably the active playerbase 😉

On 3/29/2019 at 1:23 PM, Hambo said:

I also recommend maybe A1 server will give you time to learn the game. Its un official but also you can mix it up with pvp. You can play on both, so no harm.

1 hour ago, gnihar said:

I will never play on any unofficial server. No sense of achievement and without exception admins who buff themselves and their friends, no matter how they look or sound "honest".

Must admit the bad experiences I've had over the decades playing on someone elses server outweigh those on official servers, I've seen some very well run unoffs, even been admin on a few, but in general, trying to find that one that's worthwhile after looking repeatedly at dozens of others, it's alot of hassle finding a worthwhile unoff server that offers what I want. 

I also prefer official servers, they set the bar and to be honest I've found that playing a game with all the help switched off, with longer tame times, lower resource gathering etc make the game more challenging and fun overall.  You have a true sense of accomplishment as you achieve different goals. 

Often I find I log in to a server that is 3-5x the taming speed, resource gathering etc or has admins giving themselves mounts like special or alpha models, then going around "helping" people with tasks, but they aren't really helping, they're spoiling the fun.  Ruining the immersion.  Good intentions certainly, but that's not what I want.  I like relaxing gaming, stress free. 

Whilst I might complain a tame is taking a long time or that I'm bored sometimes, it isn't a reason to ruin my gameplay by taking the easy shortcuts.  The long scenic route can be much more fun.  So it'll be official pve for me, eu if available.  Maybe pvp later or after release.

Edited by Martyn

I am hoping more people will vote now that the time for the wipe is getting closer.