Sign in to follow this  
nobody971

Player owned towns

so i know they plan on adding player owned shops in free ports. but i think it would be really cool to have player owned towns with a sort of government. a town companies could fight over every week or so. taxing the shops X% to the "governor" (company leader(s)) that goes in a chest. Even if it was a prebuilt town to make things easier on the devs. Its something i believe was in puzzle pirates (ya i played pp instead of RS in middle school).

1 hour ago, nobody971 said:

so i know they plan on adding player owned shops in free ports. but i think it would be really cool to have player owned towns with a sort of government. a town companies could fight over every week or so. taxing the shops X% to the "governor" (company leader(s)) that goes in a chest. Even if it was a prebuilt town to make things easier on the devs. Its something i believe was in puzzle pirates (ya i played pp instead of RS in middle school).

Thats kind of what they are going for in colonies servers but rather than multiple companies in one town it will be multiple towns on the same island. Though I suspect in PvP there wont be much use of the towns or shops as you cannot have aggressive defences where you have a shop and shops will be filled with gold and resources so I suspect they will be juicy targets for pirates.

Another soul who knows the true very first pirate mmo 😄
I think what you describe will be possible from a mechanical perspective in the next patch.

But maybe reality fucks the idea 😄

If trading at freeports is expensive than player run markets might be a thing because it would be valuable.
Remember that they added the "neutral" label. So I think you could set your market defense to spare neutrals. And to use the market you have to get a "license" by asking the island owner to give you the neutral status.

I think we will find a way around this if there is an incentive to make player run markets. We will find a solution. The mechanics are there. So it is up to us players.