Dante Murderoff

Remove violence from taming skill

Taming, as it is now a very rude and cruel act, it is possible that animal defenders can be indignant, because in the game you can tame caress just a few animals, but basically the player is forced to use cruelty to bring unfortunate creatures to a pulp, it gives a very bad behavior model to children which game is oriented.

If we take ARK as an example, the player has the opportunity to calm the creature with a tranquilizer by completing the domestication as harmless as possible.

I propose to combine both options by introducing tranquilizing arrows into the game, let those who want to achieve their violent way do as they like, and supporters of peaceful taming should have their own version with tranquilizers. Even if the animals kick after using a tranquilizer, it will be fair.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Finally someone else thinks so too. Drives me bonkers beating a horse! I have suggesting this topic a few times and gave it up on the third try. My idea was not to be able to tame large adults but trick them into giving up their young. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To be honest. I don't see a high priority in this. But I like the idea and give it an upvote.

It is hard to roleplay a character that loves animals if you have to beat them during the taming procedure.

• Like 3

Completely agree, when you think children are learning from the game. DEVs have dogs, cats, rabbits, snakes, etc... at home as pets for sure. 

They should think about that as a priority. 

• Like 3