Sign in to follow this  
Sixgun77

How do I get survivors out of the water?

After sinking a SOTD, I can't get the survivors on board. It says to give them a coin but I can't get any menu open to do so. Do I need a dinghy for them to climb into? 

Also,  for strictly pve, are swivel guns worth it?

Do crew pay and feed themselves automatically out of the ships larder and storage chest? Or do I have to do that stuff manually? 

Put coins in 0 then go up to them and press E to recruit.

You need to feed them, either on body or in a larder, and resource chests with gold or on them.

Edited by Sneakydude
  • Thanks 1

Thanks. I didn't use slot 0. Now I know.  Next I have to find out how to set crew to do repairs and damage control. 

crew only repair planks when anchored everything else you have to hit with a hammer. to have them repair planks be sure that at least one of your npc is unseated. also npc left on cannons cost double so always unseat them before log.

Edited by lordkhan4444
  • Thanks 1

it's not like the game itself tells you how to recruit them...

but well nothing to expect from pve

Hmmmm... when I built a Galley, due to wrong position of resource box with gold, part of it's crew didn't received salary. But all I have to do is just put gold into inventory and press "E" on guy and that's was it.

6 minutes ago, George Catcher said:

Hmmmm... when I built a Galley, due to wrong position of resource box with gold, part of it's crew didn't received salary. But all I have to do is just put gold into inventory and press "E" on guy and that's was it.

The galleon is the largest ship so you have to place it more in the middle, otherwise use 2, if you want to hide them more.

It isn't so much an issue where as players would swim into your boats.

27 minutes ago, Arykos said:

Everyone needs to learn, I've just learnt how to put someone on the ignor list.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The galleon is the largest ship so you have to place it more in the middle

I see it now. But I thought if you place resource or food box into a ship it will spread it radius to whole ship. I was mistaken (I anyway probably wont build one after a wipe).

1 hour ago, Jack Shandy said:

Everyone needs to learn, I've just learnt how to put someone on the ignor list.

and who cares about ya?

1 hour ago, George Catcher said:

I see it now. But I thought if you place resource or food box into a ship it will spread it radius to whole ship. I was mistaken (I anyway probably wont build one after a wipe).

I have never had a problem with my Galleon resource box pulling gold or resources for crew payment or auto repair, and it is placed as far toward the stern as is possible.

Larders and ammunition boxes are another story. I had to place 2 of them. The ammo box is frustratingly close to covering the whole ship. within a couple feet, one set of cannons on the front or back don't get covered.

5 hours ago, Arykos said:

It tells you to give them gold.  Bobbing around in rough seas so I can barely keep the cursor on target while sharks attacking wasn't an exactly conducive to eventually figuring out that "item slot" meant 0, not any of the slots id been using so far. Pardon me for asking a question on a forum for a game that doesn't appear to have an instruction manual for me to read. 

5 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

crew only repair planks when anchored everything else you have to hit with a hammer. to have them repair planks be sure that at least one of your npc is unseated. also npc left on cannons cost double so always unseat them before log.

Thanks,  I didn't know about the double cost and leaving one unseated for them to repair. I only knew about at anchor repair. 

Edited by Sixgun77

On 3/25/2019 at 4:21 PM, Arykos said:

You’re just a sad little boy aren’t you? What a shame, you could’ve become so much more. 

• Haha 1

After getting a chance to try it without sharks and jellies around,  I discovered that I needed more gold than I was carrying on me to recruit them. Id only taken 10 gold with me because I thought the was a good chance id get killed(which I did lol). Everything's running nicely now. Did my first treasure hunt(went with no trouble). Lost some crew on the second hunt when a rattlesnake showed up and knocked out a bunch of people and myself.  Ultimately we were successful,  and after work we'll sail to hire new crew members. Then it's back home to offload blueprints and make better equipment with them. Still enjoying the game.

42 minutes ago, Sixgun77 said:

After getting a chance to try it without sharks and jellies around,  I discovered that I needed more gold than I was carrying on me to recruit them. Id only taken 10 gold with me because I thought the was a good chance id get killed(which I did lol). Everything's running nicely now. Did my first treasure hunt(went with no trouble). Lost some crew on the second hunt when a rattlesnake showed up and knocked out a bunch of people and myself.  Ultimately we were successful,  and after work we'll sail to hire new crew members. Then it's back home to offload blueprints and make better equipment with them. Still enjoying the game.

Well then. Welcome to the game :D

Be careful in open waters and on the forum!