Sign in to follow this  
Decius

Why megas are good for the game

As the title suggests I am going to outline why Mega Companies (and tribes in the case of Ark) are good for the game. Myself I am what would be considered as a small 'bob tribe'. I have played ark since its released and now Atlas since its release on PVP official servers. I have always been either solo or playing with a small group of 4-5 friends, so this post will be from the view of a small tribe/company pvp player. 

Mega Companies/Tribes have been a large part of the game for a very long time, ever since games of this style has been created much to the love or despair of many different players. They do however have a very important role to play in the creation of the complete fun experience of Atlas and Ark Survival Evolved for many reasons.

1. Mega Companies and tribes create an incredible political side to the game enabling security and trade for your small company.

One challenging yet fun aspect of these games is the politics within the games. As large mega companies grow and take claim to vast areas of the map, they create large empires that often war with each other. As a small company/tribe within the world that gives you the opportunity to get involved in global politics and wars. On your own your strength and power is limited to whatever you are able to do in your small group. With such a vastly large world such as with Atlas there is only so far you can reach and so much you can do to survive on your own. Even if mega tribes were non-existent there will always be groups out there that will seek you out and destroy you even if it's just to be a troll. Allying yourself within the empire of a mega-company gives you security as they will often protect you. Being within the mega-companies empire it also enables a much strong ability to trade. The mega-company has access to far more resources then you ever will, and even if you don't trade with them directly, having other small groups within the empire gives you easier access for trading resources you otherwise might struggle to get. Being part of the same 'empire' will make the other small tribes around you view you automatically as friendly, and an ally and more willing to trade you those valuable resources that would be otherwise hard to get due to travel time or having to fight hostile groups that control those resources.

2. Mega Companies force you to improve in pvp.

A critical part of all video games is of course to improve your own ability to play them. If you do not improve you will lose and in a game like Atlas losing means being destroyed. There are many different types of mega companies out there. Some that are more friendly and will keep the peace with you if you do not provoke them, or even protect you from trolls and other mega companies that might seek to conquer your territory. There are of course highly aggressive mega companies that will destroy you without even pausing. These highly aggressive companies are critical to keeping a pvp environment competitive. If all mega companies were all roses and chocolates you would settle within territory under their protection and just let them defend you. You will never improve at the game and eventually, someone will wipe you. An aggressive mega on the map keeps you always on edge as any ship could be the one to end your existence on the map. Sure you can argue even if it was all small groups its the same but a small group only has as much resource and manpower as you do making the fight more even and easier to win. A mega-company however its game over. You see an unknown ship, shoot it, and you have 10 galleons on top of you and wiping your base in no time. You cannot win against such massive power, or can you? If you learn from getting wiped and improve at the game a small team can cause a lot of damage even against a mega. Anytime I get wiped I don't mope and cry about the mega-company and how unfair it is. I get even. Rebuild and be better. Learn how to rebuild stronger, learn how to fight better. Nothing is better than going up against that hyper-aggressive mega and have them waste more resources, more time only to have them lose more than you even had to start with. Hey, you may get wiped again but the satisfaction to know they lost half a fleet to wipe out 5 guys with 2 ships is worth having to rebuild again. A powerful lion with a thorn in its paw cannot hunt nearly as well, and will eventually die of starvation. Become the thorn that killed the lion, or just quit and play PVE noob.

3. Mega Companies keep the game alive.

In any game there will be trolls, and there will be some players that are just simply much stronger at the game than everyone else and trust me I've played many games that have suffered this very problem. As sad as it is some players just simply will never 'get good' enough to beat the trolls, or beat the few elite players, and will eventually just quit altogether. What can they do? if they can't get better at the game, and the game just isn't fun anymore why play? I don't blame them. However, if you can team up and become a bigger meaner beast then the trolls or elite players they are less of a problem now aren't they? Having the ability to form a mega-company in itself keeps the game alive. Let's look at it this way, and yes I am Canadian, but imagine the elite player or troll being a large aggressive Moose. That Moose will go around and thrash around wrecking everything in its path just because it can and nothing else can contest it. Only another moose can but there are only so many other moose, and soon enough you will only have a small group of moose out there. However to take down a moose you have a pack of wolves. Alone or in a small group they are not very strong and will never beat that Moose but with a large pack they will eat that Moose for lunch. If you cannot form that large pack however because the game forbids it then the wolves will just all die off. Being able to become that larger pack to take down the strong threat keeps players in the game. If there's no way to be able to group up to take down the trolls or elite players the game will soon enough be only a few trolls and a small core of elite players. Mega-Companies ensure that doesn't happen by keeping those players in check and keeping the player counts high.

4. "But Mega Companies just kill all small companies" - no you are just dumb...

Many people will argue that mega companies just kill small companies. They wipe all us small companies and force us to join them or quit. Well no I'm sorry you are retarded. As I stated before there are two types of mega-companies. highly aggressive and more friendly ones. If you find yourself getting wiped and told "join us or die" well I'm sorry to say you are living in an area of the highly aggressive company. Just pack up and settle elsewhere, OR get better at the game and become that thorn that I mentioned earlier. Most mega-companies don't give two shits about the little guy that is not allied with them or living under their protection. Every mega-companies main focus is that other mega-company. They pose the greatest threat to each other and the entire goal for them is to wipe each other out. They spend vastly more time and resources fighting one another then they do anywhere else. out of every 4 mega-companies only 1 usually has that 'join us or die' mentality and honestly joining them is going to be worse than just relocating anyway. 9 times out of 10 the company with the 'join us or die' mentality is full of toxic people with retarded leadership. If you have the motivation and skill to fight back and stay within their territory then do so and make their life hell, or if your more of a pve player who wants to casually play pvp go settle in a more friendly mega-company territory. Oh, but you don't want to 'submit' yourself to the mega-company? well then band together with other like-minded players and form your own mega-company as clearly a small company is not the place for you. Either that or go play PVE because PVP is not the place for you.

Summary:

At the end of the day, mega-companies are what keeps these games alive and create more complex and fun dynamics within these games. PVP environments are meant to be competitive where players fight over players. PVP = Player VS Player remember! Mega-companies keep the game competitive and really drive the pvp in the game. You have to either learn to get better at the game to stay competitive, form your own mega-company, or learn to play a more political game to ensure your survival. They keep the trolls and elite players from killing the game, and really make the game into what it was designed to be. If you don't like it then go play PVE or play a different game because this game is clearly not the right type of game for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Decius said:

As the title suggests I am going to outline why Mega Companies (and tribes in the case of Ark) are good for the game. Myself I am what would be considered as a small 'bob tribe'. I have played ark since its released and now Atlas since its release on PVP official servers. I have always been either solo or playing with a small group of 4-5 friends, so this post will be from the view of a small tribe/company pvp player. 

Mega Companies/Tribes have been a large part of the game for a very long time, ever since games of this style has been created much to the love or despair of many different players. They do however have a very important role to play in the creation of the complete fun experience of Atlas and Ark Survival Evolved for many reasons.

1. Mega Companies and tribes create an incredible political side to the game enabling security and trade for your small company.

One challenging yet fun aspect of these games is the politics within the games. As large mega companies grow and take claim to vast areas of the map, they create large empires that often war with each other. As a small company/tribe within the world that gives you the opportunity to get involved in global politics and wars. On your own your strength and power is limited to whatever you are able to do in your small group. With such a vastly large world such as with Atlas there is only so far you can reach and so much you can do to survive on your own. Even if mega tribes were non-existent there will always be groups out there that will seek you out and destroy you even if it's just to be a troll. Allying yourself within the empire of a mega-company gives you security as they will often protect you. Being within the mega-companies empire it also enables a much strong ability to trade. The mega-company has access to far more resources then you ever will, and even if you don't trade with them directly, having other small groups within the empire gives you easier access for trading resources you otherwise might struggle to get. Being part of the same 'empire' will make the other small tribes around you view you automatically as friendly, and an ally and more willing to trade you those valuable resources that would be otherwise hard to get due to travel time or having to fight hostile groups that control those resources.

2. Mega Companies force you to improve in pvp.

A critical part of all video games is of course to improve your own ability to play them. If you do not improve you will lose and in a game like Atlas losing means being destroyed. There are many different types of mega companies out there. Some that are more friendly and will keep the peace with you if you do not provoke them, or even protect you from trolls and other mega companies that might seek to conquer your territory. There are of course highly aggressive mega companies that will destroy you without even pausing. These highly aggressive companies are critical to keeping a pvp environment competitive. If all mega companies were all roses and chocolates you would settle within territory under their protection and just let them defend you. You will never improve at the game and eventually, someone will wipe you. An aggressive mega on the map keeps you always on edge as any ship could be the one to end your existence on the map. Sure you can argue even if it was all small groups its the same but a small group only has as much resource and manpower as you do making the fight more even and easier to win. A mega-company however its game over. You see an unknown ship, shoot it, and you have 10 galleons on top of you and wiping your base in no time. You cannot win against such massive power, or can you? If you learn from getting wiped and improve at the game a small team can cause a lot of damage even against a mega. Anytime I get wiped I don't mope and cry about the mega-company and how unfair it is. I get even. Rebuild and be better. Learn how to rebuild stronger, learn how to fight better. Nothing is better than going up against that hyper-aggressive mega and have them waste more resources, more time only to have them lose more than you even had to start with. Hey, you may get wiped again but the satisfaction to know they lost half a fleet to wipe out 5 guys with 2 ships is worth having to rebuild again. A powerful lion with a thorn in its paw cannot hunt nearly as well, and will eventually die of starvation. Become the thorn that killed the lion, or just quit and play PVE noob.

3. Mega Companies keep the game alive.

In any game there will be trolls, and there will be some players that are just simply much stronger at the game than everyone else and trust me I've played many games that have suffered this very problem. As sad as it is some players just simply will never 'get good' enough to beat the trolls, or beat the few elite players, and will eventually just quit altogether. What can they do? if they can't get better at the game, and the game just isn't fun anymore why play? I don't blame them. However, if you can team up and become a bigger meaner beast then the trolls or elite players they are less of a problem now aren't they? Having the ability to form a mega-company in itself keeps the game alive. Let's look at it this way, and yes I am Canadian, but imagine the elite player or troll being a large aggressive Moose. That Moose will go around and thrash around wrecking everything in its path just because it can and nothing else can contest it. Only another moose can but there are only so many other moose, and soon enough you will only have a small group of moose out there. However to take down a moose you have a pack of wolves. Alone or in a small group they are not very strong and will never beat that Moose but with a large pack they will eat that Moose for lunch. If you cannot form that large pack however because the game forbids it then the wolves will just all die off. Being able to become that larger pack to take down the strong threat keeps players in the game. If there's no way to be able to group up to take down the trolls or elite players the game will soon enough be only a few trolls and a small core of elite players. Mega-Companies ensure that doesn't happen by keeping those players in check and keeping the player counts high.

4. "But Mega Companies just kill all small companies" - no you are just dumb...

Many people will argue that mega companies just kill small companies. They wipe all us small companies and force us to join them or quit. Well no I'm sorry you are retarded. As I stated before there are two types of mega-companies. highly aggressive and more friendly ones. If you find yourself getting wiped and told "join us or die" well I'm sorry to say you are living in an area of the highly aggressive company. Just pack up and settle elsewhere, OR get better at the game and become that thorn that I mentioned earlier. Most mega-companies don't give two shits about the little guy that is not allied with them or living under their protection. Every mega-companies main focus is that other mega-company. They pose the greatest threat to each other and the entire goal for them is to wipe each other out. They spend vastly more time and resources fighting one another then they do anywhere else. out of every 4 mega-companies only 1 usually has that 'join us or die' mentality and honestly joining them is going to be worse than just relocating anyway. 9 times out of 10 the company with the 'join us or die' mentality is full of toxic people with retarded leadership. If you have the motivation and skill to fight back and stay within their territory then do so and make their life hell, or if your more of a pve player who wants to casually play pvp go settle in a more friendly mega-company territory. Oh, but you don't want to 'submit' yourself to the mega-company? well then band together with other like-minded players and form your own mega-company as clearly a small company is not the place for you. Either that or go play PVE because PVP is not the place for you.

Summary:

At the end of the day, mega-companies are what keeps these games alive and create more complex and fun dynamics within these games. PVP environments are meant to be competitive where players fight over players. PVP = Player VS Player remember! Mega-companies keep the game competitive and really drive the pvp in the game. You have to either learn to get better at the game to stay competitive, form your own mega-company, or learn to play a more political game to ensure your survival. They keep the trolls and elite players from killing the game, and really make the game into what it was designed to be. If you don't like it then go play PVE or play a different game because this game is clearly not the right type of game for you.

Some good points but I have to say I disagree strongly with #2. I'm in a mega tribe currently but in the past I have been in much smaller tribes (5 players) and I have to say if someone was asking me for advice on how to improve their PVP and I only had two options - Megas or Small tribe, I would tell them Small tribe every time.

Small tribes will teach you very important PVP tactics that you won't really get from being in a mega tribe. When you are in a mega tribe, combat is a lot easier because you can rely more on your buddies and your numbers to win the fight. In a small tribe you can't so as a result you have learn to be self sufficient and self reliant. Often you will rely more on careful planning and good strategy and diplomacy rather then brute force. I also find from my own experience that people that join mega tribes straight away without first playing in a smaller tribe tend to pick up bad habits such as being overly reliant on expensive gear, a general lack of discipline when it comes to teamwork and overall quite lazy.

Mega tribes though are good if you want to be a more generalist player. They will teach you things like the current PVP meta, the best ways to farm, what the current best built strategy is so on. They are good source of general knowledge especially if you are a new player as there is a lot of information sharing. PVP though in a mega tribe is more about logistics and organisation, that's the main factor that affects their battles.

11 hours ago, Decius said:

Summary:

At the end of the day, mega-companies are what keeps these games alive and create more complex and fun dynamics within these games. PVP environments are meant to be competitive where players fight over players.

I have to disagree. I do not have raw data, but some indicators and my gut feeling as well tell me the majorty of Atlas players are small tribes of 2-3 members, and I will dare say solo players as well.

These all left very early on due to being swallowed by zerg tribes and inability to find a living room due to zerg tribes occupying everything and all.

Before the wipe, I remember that official pvp network had like 4k active players peak times, or which most were zerg.

2 hours ago, gnihar said:

I have to disagree. I do not have raw data, but some indicators and my gut feeling as well tell me the majorty of Atlas players are small tribes of 2-3 members, and I will dare say solo players as well.

These all left very early on due to being swallowed by zerg tribes and inability to find a living room due to zerg tribes occupying everything and all.

Before the wipe, I remember that official pvp network had like 4k active players peak times, or which most were zerg.

U are a fool. There were many different tribes in eu-pvp and they played with the megas not against. That´s the difference. Megas wanna play and trade too. We don´t wanna eat the whole game. But it was obvious that solo player and 2-3 player tribes complain about the big fishs.

12 minutes ago, Caine said:

U are a fool. There were many different tribes in eu-pvp and they played with the megas not against. That´s the difference. Megas wanna play and trade too. We don´t wanna eat the whole game. But it was obvious that solo player and 2-3 player tribes complain about the big fishs.

Direct words "We want to own the whole server" Mega company 1

2 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Direct words "We want to own the whole server" Mega company 1

Whole grid server yes.

6 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Some good points but I have to say I disagree strongly with #2. I'm in a mega tribe currently but in the past I have been in much smaller tribes (5 players) and I have to say if someone was asking me for advice on how to improve their PVP and I only had two options - Megas or Small tribe, I would tell them Small tribe every time.

Small tribes will teach you very important PVP tactics that you won't really get from being in a mega tribe. When you are in a mega tribe, combat is a lot easier because you can rely more on your buddies and your numbers to win the fight. In a small tribe you can't so as a result you have learn to be self sufficient and self reliant. Often you will rely more on careful planning and good strategy and diplomacy rather then brute force. I also find from my own experience that people that join mega tribes straight away without first playing in a smaller tribe tend to pick up bad habits such as being overly reliant on expensive gear, a general lack of discipline when it comes to teamwork and overall quite lazy.

Mega tribes though are good if you want to be a more generalist player. They will teach you things like the current PVP meta, the best ways to farm, what the current best built strategy is so on. They are good source of general knowledge especially if you are a new player as there is a lot of information sharing. PVP though in a mega tribe is more about logistics and organisation, that's the main factor that affects their battles.

I think you misunderstood the point of #2. What you say here about being in a small company force you to improve is what I was trying to get across. Being a small company and facing mega company that is going to wipe you will force you to get better. Megacompany pvp is much easier then being in a small company or solo. Having a mega breathing down your neck as an enemy makes you get better or die. Even allying yourself with a mega and settling within grids they might control will still put you at odds with other mega tribes and you will always be forced to improve your own ability to survive.

Just now, Decius said:

I think you misunderstood the point of #2. What you say here about being in a small company force you to improve is what I was trying to get across. Being a small company and facing mega company that is going to wipe you will force you to get better. Megacompany pvp is much easier then being in a small company or solo. Having a mega breathing down your neck as an enemy makes you get better or die. Even allying yourself with a mega and settling within grids they might control will still put you at odds with other mega tribes and you will always be forced to improve your own ability to survive.

You need to re look at this, Resources = Humans, and when you own all the humans and small tribes you expect them to deliver/uncover all the resources from the map. You dare not attack them or be wiped by them over loading the servers with 100+ members and force you to be off-lined. DDOSed etc.. so i see nothing in your arguments being valid, other then being the best you can in a smaller tribe. You might be able to hold out longer and better then some tribes but in the end when you have 10 smaller "sheep" tribes ganking you from every corner you fold pretty quickly.

Again resources make the mega companies stronger. Stop being the sheep and band together and you will come out on top. You really need to look at it from a medium sized company of 250+ strong, when your members up and leave because of ever dirty exploited trick in the books against you. Salty? hell ya the devs fooked up!

7 minutes ago, Caine said:

Whole grid server yes.

as I stated in my post i've always played in small companies however I have friends who do enjoy and play in mega. Never have I ever heard or seen a mega whom wanted to control the entire game. Doing so ruins the entire fun of the game for a mega. Megas form to deal with trolls, elite players, and other megas. If the mega has the entire map there will no longer be any point to even play. Even if they were to try the sheer size of the game is too massive for any mega to control. Up until now even the biggest mega tribes with 500+ players are struggling to control more than 4-5 grids. in many cases a mega will have many casual players so while their total roster is 500 players, there will generally only be 50-100 players active at a time. Even now the megas with the most grids are struggling to maintain control and have other mega and small companies alike causing their ability to control what they have to be a full-time task and in most cases are failing.

When I hear a fellow small company or solo player complain and cry making wild claims like this simply tells me that they are a garbage pvp player that wants to cry because they refuse to develop strategies or adapt how they want to play the game despite the reality of what the game is. Learn the game your playing and improve or just go play something else.

• Like 1

Just now, Decius said:

as I stated in my post i've always played in small companies however I have friends who do enjoy and play in mega. Never have I ever heard or seen a mega whom wanted to control the entire game. Doing so ruins the entire fun of the game for a mega. Megas form to deal with trolls, elite players, and other megas. If the mega has the entire map there will no longer be any point to even play. Even if they were to try the sheer size of the game is too massive for any mega to control. Up until now even the biggest mega tribes with 500+ players are struggling to control more than 4-5 grids. in many cases a mega will have many casual players so while their total roster is 500 players, there will generally only be 50-100 players active at a time. Even now the megas with the most grids are struggling to maintain control and have other mega and small companies alike causing their ability to control what they have to be a full-time task and in most cases are failing.

When I hear a fellow small company or solo player complain and cry making wild claims like this simply tells me that they are a garbage pvp player that wants to cry because they refuse to develop strategies or adapt how they want to play the game despite the reality of what the game is. Learn the game your playing and improve or just go play something else.

You also never played on NA PVP either, direct words from a mega company.

Just now, Sneakydude said:

You also never played on NA PVP either, direct words from a mega company.

NA PVP is all i've ever played since the game released. Same in the case with Ark Survival Evolved. Your the only one here arguing the points i've made despite all the many people whom have read this post. I also have long discussed this topic with some friends in mega-companies, and my fellow small company friends and allies. You just sound like another salty player whom refuses to accept games like this for what they are, and refuses to play them how they have been designed to be played. The developers made these games this way. Its their game. Play their game the way they made them or play something else.

3 minutes ago, Decius said:

NA PVP is all i've ever played since the game released. Same in the case with Ark Survival Evolved. Your the only one here arguing the points i've made despite all the many people whom have read this post. I also have long discussed this topic with some friends in mega-companies, and my fellow small company friends and allies. You just sound like another salty player whom refuses to accept games like this for what they are, and refuses to play them how they have been designed to be played. The developers made these games this way. Its their game. Play their game the way they made them or play something else.

Opinions are like shit, when they are being shoved down your throat. Ive witnessed it, i heard it and i beg to differ. What sector where you in? I wont name names its not worth it, and map reset so they did not do what they promised, many of them quit once the wipe was confirmed and many other mega companies fought back. So did you live for a short time or moved in behind the mega lines? Because if you stood in one of their ways you got knocked out. The exact quote was given to us. No peace, no seize fire, nothing your getting wiped dont care.

I played before these mega alliances where formed in ARK and Now Atlas, we did the same shit over 20 yrs ago, but more cleaver. Where do you think this Mega alliance shit all came from? But we never once in sided anyone like i see in Atlas... so sad game play. Spying is one thing but in siding companies to take them over is just plain sad.

Maybe ill start joining the ranks of huge mega companies and start filtering out all the cool shit, once they get to know me 🙂 why not everyone else did, and i can feed you little companies. When they discover who has all the gear, ill watch who gets wiped first. Should be a good You tube video, how to really inside mega companies.

I heard already a few are going to do it this time around, i cant wait to see the videos.

1 minute ago, Sneakydude said:

Opinions are like shit, when they are being shoved down your throat. Ive witnessed it, i heard it and i beg to differ. What sector where you in? I wont name names its not worth it, and map reset so they did not do what they promised, many of them quit once the wipe was confirmed and many other mega companies fought back. So did you live for a short time or moved in behind the mega lines? Because if you stood in one of their ways you got knocked out. The exact quote was given to us. No peace, no seize fire, nothing your getting wiped dont care.

I started off the game in C4, got wiped moved to D5 got wiped and eventually settled over in O9. TPG invaded the grid and I talked with them, negotiated, they left me alone and I did my thing in peace with them and fought my own enemies. Spent most of the time after getting my little base built up raiding the groups that wiped me earlier, among anyone else who caused my group problems. When i was wiped out of my previous grids it was 'join or die' mentality and as always gave the middle finger. I don't respond well to dick head aggression.

5 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Maybe ill start joining the ranks of huge mega companies and start filtering out all the cool shit, once they get to know me 🙂 why not everyone else did, and i can feed you little companies. When they discover who has all the gear, ill watch who gets wiped first. Should be a good You tube video, how to really inside mega companies.

I heard already a few are going to do it this time around, i cant wait to see the videos.

if a mega company lets themselves get insided they fail straight up. There are systems in place with admin locking, ranks etc to prevent insiding. If a mega or any company gets insided they deserve it.

1 minute ago, Decius said:

I started off the game in C4, got wiped moved to D5 got wiped and eventually settled over in O9. TPG invaded the grid and I talked with them, negotiated, they left me alone and I did my thing in peace with them and fought my own enemies. Spent most of the time after getting my little base built up raiding the groups that wiped me earlier, among anyone else who caused my group problems. When i was wiped out of my previous grids it was 'join or die' mentality and as always gave the middle finger. I don't respond well to dick head aggression.

First you got wiped too many times, and 2nd you fell in behind the scenes. You became the sheep, this game so desires. You did not fight back, you negotiated. As long as the Mega company understood you would not back door them you where safe. I am surprised they did not ravage all your locations of goods.

Ill be very honest here, you are the type of guy, company we aim for in a mega group. Suck you up feed you false info then if you disobey we will wipe you.

They just wanted the claims bud, you fell for it since your the small guy on the map.

I now see where your post is coming from, no disrespect to you for trying. But ill debunk anything you say from now on, because we where the mega many years ago... this is how its done my friend, put you in our corner and keep an eye on you, then if we need you come assist.

You can not afford to fight back and they can not afford to fight you behind their lines and fight front lines at the same time, so they negotiated with you.

TPG was a tad better then Dynasty was.

So no i can not agree mega is good for the game at all. There was way to many exploits used against smaller companies.

Give me a hand full of really good pvpers, and there was a few in this game over a mega company any day. Its much more fun then the way mega goes about it. I retired it so many years ago, because its very stressful being in the leadership role of it all. Glad i did to be honest, now i can try to enjoy some of the great features behind the lines.

And Mega is in many different games, not all comes from China either, we have many from the NA side of things too, that band together and eventually join up in many games. Its the younger gens turn to play the role, and i am happy i stepped out many years ago.

Now i get to be the guy to fight back with some of the best pvpers around, even at my age group i can have fun too.

23 minutes ago, Decius said:

if a mega company lets themselves get insided they fail straight up. There are systems in place with admin locking, ranks etc to prevent insiding. If a mega or any company gets insided they deserve it.

You do also know there is brute force cheating right?

29 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

First you got wiped too many times, and 2nd you fell in behind the scenes. You became the sheep, this game so desires. You did not fight back, you negotiated. As long as the Mega company understood you would not back door them you where safe. I am surprised they did not ravage all your locations of goods.

Ill be very honest here, you are the type of guy, company we aim for in a mega group. Suck you up feed you false info then if you disobey we will wipe you.

They just wanted the claims bud, you fell for it since your the small guy on the map.

I now see where your post is coming from, no disrespect to you for trying. But ill debunk anything you say from now on, because we where the mega many years ago... this is how its done my friend, put you in our corner and keep an eye on you, then if we need you come assist.

You can not afford to fight back and they can not afford to fight you behind their lines and fight front lines at the same time, so they negotiated with you.

TPG was a tad better then Dynasty was.

So no i can not agree mega is good for the game at all. There was way to many exploits used against smaller companies.

lol TPG never took control of my resources. My space was my space. They wanted resources on another island in the grid, and they didn't give two shits if I came over and got some when I needed it. I had no problem with TPG, and they had no problem with me. They were enemies of my enemies, and gave me no reason to want to fight them. Diplomacy is an aspect of these games i've always loved. The rest of my buddies love to pvp and fight but myself personally I get as much satisfaction negotiating, supplying information (false or not) and watching my enemies rip each other apart. My proudest moment in Ark was earning a enemy tribes trust, and pushing false information towards them and get them to start a war they would never win and got themselves wiped. I then was able to come in and clean up what remained and get everything I wanted from the ruins. If I wanted to fight TPG then I would have, but they were not my focus or concern. I had other priorities to take care of. Other companies small and mega that we were fighting. Our grid may of turned into TPG colour on the live map but I was no servant of theirs. If I decided to fight them would I have gotten wiped? probably but hey I wouldn't care thats part of the game. I would have moved again to another region and raided their territory instead of the companies I targetted instead. Getting wiped is part of the game. It doesn't even bother me. Defending in pvp is just as fun as attacking, and once I get wiped hey thats another enemy I will fight. Many times my small crew would show up at a mega island and sink multiple galleons, and kill their defenders. Yeah sure sometimes we lost our kits, our ship etc, but many other times we would get away with a boatload of their kits and resources. The point is to pvp and that is what we thrive on. If you can't get wiped without crying about it then again go play something else.

Edited by Decius

It's going to be too hard for the devs to accommodate for megas though, their wars/battles literally dont even work or function within the limits of the game.

Ark ,two megas try and fight each other, they start logging on until, whoops the servers full, whoever has less players starts pin coding lights and turns on 1000 lights at once and crashes the server, so that when it comes back up they might get more players on. 

Atlas, two megas try and fight, cap out server, one has less players on, the less players give up eventually and the other mega keeps server capped while waiting on claim flags. 

Especially in atlas, all I see in mega tribe attacks is one packs up all their stuff and move because they know it will turn into the above situation, not a fight. 

8 hours ago, Decius said:

lol TPG never took control of my resources. My space was my space. They wanted resources on another island in the grid, and they didn't give two shits if I came over and got some when I needed it. I had no problem with TPG, and they had no problem with me. They were enemies of my enemies, and gave me no reason to want to fight them. Diplomacy is an aspect of these games i've always loved. The rest of my buddies love to pvp and fight but myself personally I get as much satisfaction negotiating, supplying information (false or not) and watching my enemies rip each other apart. My proudest moment in Ark was earning a enemy tribes trust, and pushing false information towards them and get them to start a war they would never win and got themselves wiped. I then was able to come in and clean up what remained and get everything I wanted from the ruins. If I wanted to fight TPG then I would have, but they were not my focus or concern. I had other priorities to take care of. Other companies small and mega that we were fighting. Our grid may of turned into TPG colour on the live map but I was no servant of theirs. If I decided to fight them would I have gotten wiped? probably but hey I wouldn't care thats part of the game. I would have moved again to another region and raided their territory instead of the companies I targetted instead. Getting wiped is part of the game. It doesn't even bother me. Defending in pvp is just as fun as attacking, and once I get wiped hey thats another enemy I will fight. Many times my small crew would show up at a mega island and sink multiple galleons, and kill their defenders. Yeah sure sometimes we lost our kits, our ship etc, but many other times we would get away with a boatload of their kits and resources. The point is to pvp and that is what we thrive on. If you can't get wiped without crying about it then again go play something else.

If you believe you won, then no changing your perspective. Good win brother.

I hope TPG sees this and laughs... comments below +D

Edited by Sneakydude

34 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

If you believe you won, then no changing your perspective. Good win brother.

I hope TPG sees this and laughs... comments below +D

Won? there is no winning in these games. Even if you destroy your enemies more will come along. I don't see where you got me saying we won out of what I said. The point I made was we play for pvp. Being wiped doesn't matter to us as its part of the game. When TPG came along and took over the grid they didn't take anything from us or ask anything from us. We had our area that we already had and we were still able to farm the other resources in the grid that we wanted to farm. We didn't mess with TPG and they didn't mess with us. We did our own thing fighting the companies we wanted to fight, and we had fun doing it. Successful attacks and failed attacks it was all fun pvp. Would we take down a mega? probably not on our own but we sure did make a few hurt and gave their enemies further advantage. Would we one day fight TPG if there hadn't been a wipe? who knows. They gave us no reason to want to so far, but if they did I would attack them just as I would anyone else. They would wipe me sure but i'd have fun defending, and i'd just go rebuild and keep attacking them. Eventually, my attacks will cause them lots of problems and would hinder their ability to fight effectively the other mega's. In any case this is getting off track for what the post is supposed to be about

Living within territory held by a mega doesn't matter, and if you keep the peace with them many will keep the peace with you. If you are so against living in a zone controlled by a mega well just move. Even before the wipe was called megas barely held even half the map between all of them. There is lots of room and if another small company is where you want to build just wipe them out of it. Its a pvp server for a reason. As a whole and looking at the game in the bigger picture the game was built for mega companies to exist, and they hold an important role in the game, and if you don't like them theres lots of other options for you like fight other small companies for areas not owned by mega's, or just fight the mega's and enjoy the pvp in all its glory. Personally I love that mega's exist as they do a lot for the game as I said in my original post.

I hope with this coming season I hope you and Darkblade Army are successful in establishing yourselfs as a dominant mega. Maybe i'll sink a ship or two of yours for the fun of it. Can come wipe me after if you can find me. I'll have fun with that too, and then i'll just rebuild and sink more of your ships. 😉

Oh and say hi to Lukian for me. Dunno if he'd remember me but we've played on some of the same ark servers.

Edited by Decius

@Decius Bravo. 

I just cant understand why people don't already know this stuff tho? I would say the vast majority of people who start playing for the 1st time are solo or with a small group. I was solo.

I sailed on a raft for 3 days straight until i ran into this guy named Kyle. Now Kyle was part of a group of 8 players that all met each other within those 1st 3 days. I joined them and we learned the game together. The next week or so we found out that CSTG lived on the island just north. they whooped us good..over and over and took our land. After each fight tho, we all ended up killing more and more of them, but they are like ants. We had to leave.

A few of the guys quit because they were soft, but the remaining 6 of us sailed south looking for new land. We heard there was a company recruiting that was actively fighting the chinese. We knew right away that we wanted in. We joined the Federation.

This whole "mega" company thing was new to us but we kept to our own. We built a base, a few brigs and a galleon, and played everyday together. As the company grew we saw every aspect of the company and how it is actually ran.

To this day i play with the same little group even though the company itself has risen towards the top. I understand how important the political people are in the group, the pve players, and the pvp players. We work as 1. Do we always go out and fight as 1? lmao no. Rarely. We get a bad rep from the forum whores but hey, they would rather cry to anyone who will listen than to figure out a better way to get by and survive.

Now here we are. With only a few more days, maybe weeks, probably months before the ptr then officials come back up. We will be doing exactly what we did before. Just have to adapt to the new changes...and believe me....the same thing will happen all over again. I just hope that the next person that buys this game and ends up on a raft for 3 days like me makes the right decisions. you don't have to join a large company....just figure out a way to get by...don't turn into one of these forum trolls who complain all the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Decius said:

Won? there is no winning in these games. Even if you destroy your enemies more will come along. I don't see where you got me saying we won out of what I said. The point I made was we play for pvp. Being wiped doesn't matter to us as its part of the game. When TPG came along and took over the grid they didn't take anything from us or ask anything from us. We had our area that we already had and we were still able to farm the other resources in the grid that we wanted to farm. We didn't mess with TPG and they didn't mess with us. We did our own thing fighting the companies we wanted to fight, and we had fun doing it. Successful attacks and failed attacks it was all fun pvp. Would we take down a mega? probably not on our own but we sure did make a few hurt and gave their enemies further advantage. Would we one day fight TPG if there hadn't been a wipe? who knows. They gave us no reason to want to so far, but if they did I would attack them just as I would anyone else. They would wipe me sure but i'd have fun defending, and i'd just go rebuild and keep attacking them. Eventually, my attacks will cause them lots of problems and would hinder their ability to fight effectively the other mega's. In any case this is getting off track for what the post is supposed to be about

Living within territory held by a mega doesn't matter, and if you keep the peace with them many will keep the peace with you. If you are so against living in a zone controlled by a mega well just move. Even before the wipe was called megas barely held even half the map between all of them. There is lots of room and if another small company is where you want to build just wipe them out of it. Its a pvp server for a reason. As a whole and looking at the game in the bigger picture the game was built for mega companies to exist, and they hold an important role in the game, and if you don't like them theres lots of other options for you like fight other small companies for areas not owned by mega's, or just fight the mega's and enjoy the pvp in all its glory. Personally I love that mega's exist as they do a lot for the game as I said in my original post.

I hope with this coming season I hope you and Darkblade Army are successful in establishing yourselfs as a dominant mega. Maybe i'll sink a ship or two of yours for the fun of it. Can come wipe me after if you can find me. I'll have fun with that too, and then i'll just rebuild and sink more of your ships. 😉

Oh and say hi to Lukian for me. Dunno if he'd remember me but we've played on some of the same ark servers.

I haven't played official in awhile. I also dont play ark.