Sign in to follow this  
Kape22

Treasure Map Quality

Does anyone know how to increase the maximum quality of treasure maps players can receive from bottles?

A little background:

I am running a 4x4 grid for me and a few friends. After collecting hundreds and hundreds of maps from bottles we have never found one above journeyman(blue) level. I think this might be ties to the size of our atlas (since it at least seems like the higher quality the map the farther away the treasure is in general). After some testing with some admin commands it looks like mythical maps are around quality 50-60. So I tried changing all my island settings to the following:

image.png.fd658e6013140bd1680ddde47c50e8ee.png

However, after flying around collecting dozens and dozens of maps I never once found a map above quality 19. Maybe I am unlucky maybe not. Has anyone had any success with this? It's not clear what "Use NPC Volumes For Treasures" means. Does anyone know? Any assistance with this would be really helpful. Thanks!

I'm not sure but the bottle quality seems bound to the XP Multiplier ... since the Anarchy Event (6x XP) we find much better maps

20 hours ago, esditas said:

That Ship-Treasure

Oh, ok thank you for the information. Looking at the settings that makes sense to me now.

20 hours ago, esditas said:

I'm not sure but the bottle quality seems bound to the XP Multiplier ... since the Anarchy Event (6x XP) we find much better maps

I really hope this isn't the case. Completing high level treasure maps is already the best way to level up. My friends and i like the rate at which we gain XP and level up. I couldn't imagine getting more xp and better maps at the same time. It would be way too easy to level up quickly. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? If not does anyone have any more information about adjusting the quality levels for treasure maps?

im not 100% sure about that. That what i see with Anachy-Event Settings.

maybe it is random

Does anyone else have this issue? Is everyone else's servers spawning all map rarities?

Damm ^^

Check This Settings

Grid Edit:

ServerCustomData1: TreasureBottlesEnabled

ServerCustomData2: 0.0

0.0 = off

0.5 give me many (too many) bottles 14/15 Quality

I use 0.1

13 hours ago, esditas said:

Damm ^^

Check This Settings

Grid Edit:

ServerCustomData1: TreasureBottlesEnabled

ServerCustomData2: 0.0

0.0 = off

0.5 give me many (too many) bottles 14/15 Quality

I use 0.1

Hmm ok that might be useful. Thanks for the info. By any chance when you adjusted that number did you see an increase in the quality of the bottles you were getting? Perhaps there is a separate custom data parameters that effects the bottle quality?

On 3/25/2019 at 5:01 PM, Kape22 said:

Oh, ok thank you for the information. Looking at the settings that makes sense to me now.

I really hope this isn't the case. Completing high level treasure maps is already the best way to level up. My friends and i like the rate at which we gain XP and level up. I couldn't imagine getting more xp and better maps at the same time. It would be way too easy to level up quickly. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? If not does anyone have any more information about adjusting the quality levels for treasure maps? 

5 hours ago, Kape22 said:

Hmm ok that might be useful. Thanks for the info. By any chance when you adjusted that number did you see an increase in the quality of the bottles you were getting? Perhaps there is a separate custom data parameters that effects the bottle quality?

Test by yourself...but can also bake a cake...

It makes no sense level quickly and the bottles are no problem.

if you are taking the time to search bottles and do not ask crazy here. Level up fast.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, esditas said:

Test by yourself...but can also bake a cake...

It makes no sense level quickly and the bottles are no problem.

if you are taking the time to search bottles and do not ask crazy here. Level up fast.

I think you are misunderstanding why I am asking for this assistance. My group likes the speed at which we are playing and leveling on our server. I'm not trying to power level by manipulating the bottle quality (if I wanted to level super fast I could just increase global XP gain). All I want is for my players to have a chance (however slim) to find bottles above blue quality.

We enjoy finding rarer treasure maps, setting sail together and seeing what kind of trouble we get into along the way.

I'm not trying to break the game balance, I just want it to be literally possible to find high quality maps on my server. That's why I am on the forums asking in the dedicated server section if anyone knows how to do this. That's all.