Sign in to follow this  
Sneakydude

Huge mistake

After weeks of listening, reviewing and seeing what others are saying.

Your player base is almost done here... I would suggest you rethink your servers and put it as one. Doesn't sound like people are too interested in continuing on. Its too grindy, and too many exploits etc..

So if you dont care then why should we? People will play but the real question is how many will return, and how many will purchase it now knowing what is at stake.

I dont think the megas are returning as much as you think, in bulk numbers.

Just saying save your own game.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

Your player base is almost done here... I would suggest you rethink your servers and put it as one. Doesn't sound like people are too interested in continuing on. Its too grindy, and too many exploits etc..

So if you dont care then why should we? People will play but the real question is how many will return, and how many will purchase it now knowing what is at stake.

Totally with you on all counts. Unfortunately the real question is how many new people will come in. 

every old person could come back which would be fine but that wouldn’t make them any money. Also, how many of those old players will be the ones that will scare new players away or turn them off from the game.

these guys are going to need more income at some point

4 minutes ago, Realist said:

Totally with you on all counts. Unfortunately the real question is how many new people will come in. 

every old person could come back which would be fine but that wouldn’t make them any money. Also, how many of those old players will be the ones that will scare new players away or turn them off from the game.

these guys are going to need more income at some point

Yup, from what i am hearing and reading by some of these players even on mega clans they dont care about the game now. New people may or may not stick with it, knowing that its a grindy Ark style game. But who knows to be honest. If they keep up with the Taming and building and remove all the exploits un official will be easy to stick with. Official is one toxic pos, which sucks the devs keep insisting on keeping it this way. Sadly it isnt even out of EA and already ppl think its like ark with tames, and grindy as hell.

1 minute ago, Sneakydude said:

Yup, from what i am hearing and reading by some of these players even on mega clans they dont care about the game now. New people may or may not stick with it, knowing that its a grindy Ark style game. But who knows to be honest. If they keep up with the Taming and building and remove all the exploits un official will be easy to stick with. Official is one toxic pos, which sucks the devs keep insisting on keeping it this way. Sadly it isnt even out of EA and already ppl think its like ark with tames, and grindy as hell.

Yeah and still 2 years to go. I still stick with what I said originally. They released wayyyy to early. They should have waited at least another 6 months before even attempting an ea release. It was just a bad choice.

and yes, with a playerbase like this it will always be very toxic on officials. New guys will learn the hard way to go to Unofficials.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Realist said:

Yeah and still 2 years to go. I still stick with what I said originally. They released wayyyy to early. They should have waited at least another 6 months before even attempting an ea release. It was just a bad choice.

and yes, with a playerbase like this it will always be very toxic on officials. New guys will learn the hard way to go to Unofficials.

I could not agree with this more, 6 months and a better system listening to the tribes that play hardcore, and knowing how it is all working. Ship games are cool, but farming to death to build one is not worth many peoples time.

• Like 1

If i would come across the game on steam right now, given the ratings and comments, i would most likely not touch it. Of the ones that do a lot wont make it past the 2 hour steam refund time 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

All I see on forums are the same 20 people talking shit 😉 Thats not playerbase.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

How could they test what people want if they waited another 6 months for release? It makes no sense. 

They need to know what people want from this game. And this can´t be done without testing from massive amount of people. How you want to do testing without release is really beyond me. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Willard said:

Pretty much, not that far from it 😂

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Realist said:

Pretty much, not that far from it 😂

Well you are 100% not part of playerbase because you don´t play it 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

I could not agree with this more, 6 months and a better system listening to the tribes that play hardcore, and knowing how it is all working. Ship games are cool, but farming to death to build one is not worth many peoples time.

Lol, I am a "casual Player" and if you think its "farming to death" to build a ship your crazy. Does it take more than 30 minutes to make a Brig? Sure, But ffs if you think a sloop or even a Schooner is somehow a farming nightmare..... Well my little snowflake.. Please melt somewhere and stfu.. Because its only a few hours work to build a Schooner. Sure its a bit to make a pretty one with bells and whistles. But God if you have problems with needing a day to build a ship then go play WOW or something with instant gratification and leave Survival to people with patience.

• Like 2

oh dont worry people will rush back in after server wipe-major patch coming, and it will be the same ol thing, some will get land-some will go back to griefing-and rest not getting land will go away till next thing 😛

It's a tough time guys for a lot of us. We put up a 5x8 on 3 new servers and dropped 95% in player base. Sitting here looking at this hardware for 1 game idling is tough. On the flip side, we have a nice platform for the future with this game. Once things start popping in it will be exciting again.

The launch hype was massive. My community brought in 300 new members and just excitement in the air. We kept a lot of good people and looking forward to the changes.

Hang in there all. I started early with ARK and it turned out to be a gem in the end 🙂

1 hour ago, doublee313 said:

Hang in there all. I started early with ARK and it turned out to be a gem in the end 🙂

The difference is with Ark they had a game plan and slowly added assets until their complete vision was built into an actual game, it was sometimes bumpy, sometimes they made bad balance decisions and what not but for the most part they used EA to complete their vision for the game.

Atlas feels more like a bunch of people had a bunch of random ideas that they thought could be mashed together into a game and in very short order they found out that nearly all of their "great" ideas were hated by most of the people who were actually playing their game {I have never seen evidence that any of the people making this game actually play it} and that is an entirely different problem. but back to the numerous systems in the game that just aren't fun for most of their player base the declining population forced them to pretty much remake their entire roadmap for the game including the very core game systems, will they come up with a better plan this time around? who knows, but with their overall resistance to listen to the people playing their game I wouldn't expect them to change enough of the disliked parts of this game to draw masses of players back and don't fool yourselves, without masses a game like this won't be fun.

6 minutes ago, Kanwulf said:

The difference is with Ark they had a game plan and slowly added assets until their complete vision was built into an actual game, it was sometimes bumpy, sometimes they made bad balance decisions and what not but for the most part they used EA to complete their vision for the game.

Atlas feels more like a bunch of people had a bunch of random ideas that they thought could be mashed together into a game and in very short order they found out that nearly all of their "great" ideas were hated by most of the people who were actually playing their game {I have never seen evidence that any of the people making this game actually play it} and that is an entirely different problem. but back to the numerous systems in the game that just aren't fun for most of their player base the declining population forced them to pretty much remake their entire roadmap for the game including the very core game systems, will they come up with a better plan this time around? who knows, but with their overall resistance to listen to the people playing their game I wouldn't expect them to change enough of the disliked parts of this game to draw masses of players back and don't fool yourselves, without masses a game like this won't be fun.

Can you tell me which of their ideas were "hated by most people who play the game"? They are not listening to the people? Cmon man you can´t be serious 😄 You are like "they don´t listen to me which means they are not listening at all". 

I have no interest in them "listening to me" but nice effort at putting words into someone else's mouth.

If you were here to do anything other than white knight for a brutally flawed game you wouldn't need someone to spell out for you all of the HATED parts of the game, they have been discussed here since day 5 or 6 when they actually got the game stable enough for a few people to join the servers and shit themselves to death from eating too many berries.

The simple fact that a couple months into the pre alpha version of this game they are taking it down to do a complete revamp says they are listening to some of the criticism of the broken systems, if they are willing to change enough of their favorite bad ideas is yet to be seen.

but please continue with your fandom, it is a fantasy game so by all means keep with your fantasies of how awesome Atlas is, the dozens of people still playing surely agree with you.

8 hours ago, Willard said:

How could they test what people want if they waited another 6 months for release? It makes no sense. 

They need to know what people want from this game. And this can´t be done without testing from massive amount of people. How you want to do testing without release is really beyond me. 

1. You will see.

2. Its called Pre alpha testing, most games at the condition it was in would never make it past that.

3. Devs invite large groups all the time to alpha test.

It was just thrown up on steam in time to save it. But they did work their asses off fixing it so you could play it.

Had to check my hrs played.

749 hrs on record

LOL

Edited by Sneakydude

1 hour ago, Sneakydude said:

1. You will see.

2. Its called Pre alpha testing, most games at the condition it was in would never make it past that.

3. Devs invite large groups all the time to alpha test.

It was just thrown up on steam in time to save it. But they did work their asses off fixing it so you could play it.

Had to check my hrs played.

749 hrs on record

LOL

Man you simply cant do closed alpha in this type of MMO. They need numbers, they need megacompanies to be formed, they need a lot of smaller companies to simulate real problems in the game etc. 

I really don´t know what you are complaining about exactly. You got 750 hours in game which seems like u had a lot of fun for your 20 Euros so far. It was pretty straightforward on steam it´s early access and what it means. If people can´t read well, that´s on them. It´s been 3 months and the game is in a totally different shape (much better) than it was during first few weeks. 

Edited by Willard

I am ok with the 3 server types. Some people dislike being ganked from behind by trolls and go PVE. Thats ok.

Some people like being ganked by their slave masters. They love their bases being demolished by their slavers in just one click and just have a submissive „Thank you Sir !“. So i am ok that people without honor and dignity go Colonies.

And i am ok with the PVP mode for free pirates in a free world : Empires

So everybody receives what he deserves.

Edited by Talono
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Stationmonkey said:

Lol, I am a "casual Player" and if you think its "farming to death" to build a ship your crazy. Does it take more than 30 minutes to make a Brig? Sure, But ffs if you think a sloop or even a Schooner is somehow a farming nightmare..... Well my little snowflake.. Please melt somewhere and stfu.. Because its only a few hours work to build a Schooner. Sure its a bit to make a pretty one with bells and whistles. But God if you have problems with needing a day to build a ship then go play WOW or something with instant gratification and leave Survival to people with patience.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed 😔

its ok man. I know you don’t agree with him but his opinion is just as valid as yours.

i would like to point out that he didn’t insult you when he was posting. You did choose to do that. A few times really.

to be honest, survival games are full of snowflakes. Not just the people that you think are snowflakes but every single player that can’t cut it in any other game goes to survival games. Yeah you 😂

but hey, let’s jusy all be snowflakes together right?

there is literally not one hardcore person playing atlas and there never will be. There are more hard core people playing sea of thieves 😂

43 minutes ago, Talono said:

I am ok with the 3 server types. Some people dislike being ganked from behind by trolls and go PVE. Thats ok.

Some people like being ganked by their slave masters. They love their bases being demolished by their slavers in just one click and just have a submissive „Thank you Sir !“. So i am ok that people without honor and dignity go Colonies.

And i am ok with the PVP mode for free pirates in a free world : Empires

So everybody receives what he deserves.

And some people think owners of Settlements can demolish structures on their Settlement without any limitations because they can´t even read captain´s logs properly 🙂 

If it takes you more than 30 minutes to gather the resources for a brig during 2x, as a solo player, you are doing it wrong

The resource rates in this game are absolutely jacked way past reasonable and even galleons aren't expensive to solo players anymore, and I'm not even talking about the current 6x

17 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

If it takes you more than 30 minutes to gather the resources for a brig during 2x, as a solo player, you are doing it wrong

The resource rates in this game are absolutely jacked way past reasonable and even galleons aren't expensive to solo players anymore, and I'm not even talking about the current 6x

Agree, this game is far from a grind. Another gimme gimme generation post.

And we're talking like there are better games to play out there? There's not.

Edited by Bandit_Black

50 minutes ago, Bandit_Black said:

Agree, this game is far from a grind. Another gimme gimme generation post.

Sorry buddy, definitely better games to play. I am just waiting for this one because my buddies are going to play it.

like literally a a lot of better games

1 hour ago, Bandit_Black said:

Uh what, there were like 8 games on free weekend this weekend, in addition to two very big new releases, in addition to some very good games getting major updates

That was just this weekend, and doesn't include recent stuff like the big div2 launch, or the big KF2 event coming next week

Atlas has a steep uphill battle convincing players to come back to choosing Atlas over the absolute smorgasbord available right now, don't get it twisted

• Like 1