I have the problem that the server crashes directly, here are the screens, maybe can someone help.

Unbenannt-1.thumb.png.94ce06bfbb969b5eca5ea4cc7cc5bc0a.png

Unbenannt-2.thumb.png.23c269959461f19b844732d0842eec27.png

The issue is likely due to an update from GrapeShot that requires you to either update the Grid Map Editor and re-export your map, or add the following "TradeDB" section to the ServerOnly.ServerGrid.json file:

{
      "Name": "TravelDataDB",
      "URL": "127.0.0.1",
      "Port": 6379,
      "Password": "notthepassword"
    },
    {
      "Name": "TradeDB",
    },
    {
      "Name": "TerritoryDB",
    },
    {
      "Name": "LogDB",
    }
  ]
}

• Thanks 1

Hello everyone,

It's been a while and I apologize, I have some good news for ASC in 2021.

Programming has resumed and I have a long list of things to fix and features to add such as:

• More Command-line options per shard
  • Extending the Wizard to accommodate more setup scenarios
  • The ability to bulk change various settings across the shards
  • An Improved TileMap server
  • New ServerGrid Editor
  • Better configuration file handling (password matching, error handling, syntax repair)
  • Server Sync function/feature extension
  • Bug fixes, refactoring and hair pulling
  • Coffee

If you can think of a feature that the hosting community would appreciate in ASC, lemme know 🤓
Anyone familiar with my other project "Commander" will be happy to know the ATLAS blueprint library is currently being overhauled!

Much ATLAS love incoming 🥰

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anyone else having an issue where when you pull in a map made with SGE there are maps missing in ASC?  

image.png.ece59f5af2a99cb90b2b9987a3f24068.png This one is in SGE

image.png.25a1102d3cea6985be428cedbeb906de.png Same json/tile in ASC

I counted last night and there are a total of 7 islands that are missing when i load it through that.  Also this error is confusing me:

image.png.8a455004052efa8f3408e9ae3ab5660d.png

Edited by Exodious
Edited to remove IP address from tiles

Hi @Exodious,

the ASC still has an old SGE with wrong island.json. They updated the list and removed some island from it. Your servergrid is okey but if you export it with the internal SGE in ASC it might be corrupted. Please use the org. SGE from github until @SparcMX fixed this issue.
You also can copy the island.json from the org. SGE to the ASC SGE. Maybe this works.

When did this exeption appears? I also see such kind of exception when i reload the grid. After the exception i can not start/stop my database. The options are greyed out. If you get such an exception restart asc and check if the exception still appear.

Edited by lolman2079

@lolman2079 and @Exodious
I tried using the SGE from the github and ran into the same issue.  Then a friend of mine noticed that in this post: 
https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/3007801544760244956/

The included an amazon download link for a NEWER version of the SGE, I downloaded that version and was able to re-export our map and put it back in without issues.

I hope this helps.

@SparcMXIs there anywhere to find directions on how to make the tile server map work through ASC?   When I enable the tilemap server the attached image is all i see.

As for potential features, outside of a few things being out of date, or not included in the tool like the tradedb in the redis manager.    The tilemap server is the only thing that appears to not work for me.

I would love to see a way to send messages to individual servers, or be able to type to the players in the ingame chat from the ASC.

Thanks for the amazing tool by the way :D.

tilemap.png

I've updated the download link to ASC 0.1.8.0b

This release contains the updated Server Grid Editor and some bug fixes, more updates to follow.
Drop the contents of the Zip file directly over the top of your existing installation.  For new installations, create a folder and copy the contents of the zip into it and run.

@Boovov With this version, export a Slippy map from the Grid editor and place the exported image folders into the "TileMapServer\MapViewer\www" folder.

I've updated the download link to ASC 0.1.8.0b

This release contains the updated Server Grid Editor and some bug fixes, more updates to follow.
Drop the contents of the Zip file directly over the top of your existing installation.  For new installations, create a folder and copy the contents of the zip into it and run.

After installing your update the program seems a little bit slow and sluggish and I've noticed after 6 or 7 hours it freezes and I've noticed in the Task Manager it's running at 3 gigs so it's obviously a problem, was perfectly fine before I UPDATED  ASC 0.1.8.0b,  And  the auto-update does not seem to work, very good when it's working @SparcMX
Edited by Sniper

With 0.1.8.0b anyone else having a problem reloading all of their grid. I have a 36 server and only can get it to load from 2-9 of them then it stops. Had the same problem with 1.7.0b but restarting server control and reloading would sometimes fix this. But can't get this to work at all with 0.1.8.0b as well this still does not seem to use the latest grid server editor since when you load project and click edit it's missing DB entry 6 that i have seen from the official one I found on steam discussion found here https://steamcommunity.com/app/834910/discussions/0/3007801544760244956/

@Doughber  I was using my PC IP address everything was working fine until this update and now it freezes after a few hours and it's unusable. the solution was to use the internet IP address and do a fresh install now everything is working as it should be. I did just use the wizard for the fresh install. and turned off territory Maps as it didn't work. 

@Sniperok thanks I will give that a try. Also by chance does anyone know if the trading works on dedicated servers my market is connected to warehouse but just says no resources available for tade? (Yes it says tade lol) because that was one thing that was also not working for me even before this update. As well my shipyardsmen guy does not have any of the new ships available. Only has had 3 ships raft, schooner I think and something else. Are these things not working on dedicated and only on official server's? Thanks in advanced.

Update i found out how to get the new ships I needed to add the shiphub island thing from grid editor to my grid. So now if only can figure out how to get this market thing to work. 

Edited by Doughber

Hi Sparcmx,

can you add 5x5 to the templates buddy,

new to setting up a server and struggling a bit.  Your app looks great.  

cheers

Edited by Datamonkey

Good afternoon everyone. So I got my Atlas Dedicated Server running yesterday. This is the only solution that worked for me, so I'm very pleased with ASC! However, I do have two issues that I would like some assistance on. First, the big one...I and another player were able to join my server, Create characters, the whole 9 yards, but when we traveled (on separate ramshackle sloops) from one A1 to A2, the A1 server crashed, and I get the below error when I attempt to start the A1 shard. I have the details in a txt file, and will provide by whatever means are preferable.

unknown.png

My second issue is that the map you pull up when navigating or while playing does not match the actual map that I am playing, meaning my "X" will be in the middle of the water, not even with the same layout as the shard I am in, when I am standing in the middle of an island.

5 hours ago, Hesruk said:

Good afternoon everyone. So I got my Atlas Dedicated Server running yesterday. This is the only solution that worked for me, so I'm very pleased with ASC! However, I do have two issues that I would like some assistance on. First, the big one...I and another player were able to join my server, Create characters, the whole 9 yards, but when we traveled (on separate ramshackle sloops) from one A1 to A2, the A1 server crashed, and I get the below error when I attempt to start the A1 shard. I have the details in a txt file, and will provide by whatever means are preferable.

unknown.png

My second issue is that the map you pull up when navigating or while playing does not match the actual map that I am playing, meaning my "X" will be in the middle of the water, not even with the same layout as the shard I am in, when I am standing in the middle of an island.

So I fixed my first, and largest, issue. I had to go into Service Menu > Maintenance > Repair Installation. I also reloaded my Server Grid, also from the Service Menu.

Now If I could only fix my maps...

This is a great tool, but i have a problem, im using the map 4x4 that comes with the manager pack, and i get no land/isles.

I have tryed to load and export the json files in latest Server Grid Editor. Still no land i spawn in sea att freeport, and i tryed one more thing to fly via admin command to next grid but that did not work.

Any ideas what's wrong

I wish for a 5x5 or 6x6 map to 🙂

/Klerkan

19 hours ago, Klerkan said:

This is a great tool, but i have a problem, im using the map 4x4 that comes with the manager pack, and i get no land/isles.

I have tryed to load and export the json files in latest Server Grid Editor. Still no land i spawn in sea att freeport, and i tryed one more thing to fly via admin command to next grid but that did not work.

Any ideas what's wrong

I wish for a 5x5 or 6x6 map to 🙂

/Klerkan

Or if someone has a working map to email me, but would like a bigger one maybe 5x5 or 6x6 🙂 and I can pay a penny too 🙂

Can someone help me here? I can't contact support and I've been playing Atlas since it came out. What's wrong with the single player mode? I had to delete a map again because I can't manage to repair the savegame. This time the error occurs immediately after today's patch. And I can't generate a new world I end up in the ocean without islands without a proper map after creating the character.

I'm also having a hell of a time getting my 4x4 up and running. I created the loopback adapter to connect to the machine im hosting from, but now others are unable to find my server in the browser. I can see it in the browser just fine, but i suspect its the loopback thats allowing me to see it. Any ideas?