Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

r17Ui06.png

Manage all the servers on your Cluster with Atlas Server Control.
If you want to run all the servers from one machine, you can do that too.  Mod support, yes.  Automatic updates? Absolutely.

The Server Grid Editor has been integrated and config editing has never been easier!
Even the Redis Database is taken care of by ASC.

 

Some Basic Information

- During the first run of Atlas Server Control, SteamCMD will be installed and the Setup Wizard will start.
- ASC is Beta and will contain bugs and unfinished code, there will be buttons that do nothing and minimal error handling increasing chances of crashes.
- I strongly recommend a clean installation of ATLAS Server Control.  This will ensure no permission related issues arise.
- ASC contains a Setup Wizard to assist with creating a new map or importing an existing.
 

RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR
If you dont, you'll endure days of pain and suffering.
 

Items to be addressed

- Scheduler needs refactoring and features completed
- Server Grid Editor implementation is third-pass, still more work needed.
- More than a dozen instances of (OMG) code that needs rewriting (still).

Wiki is Here
 

4rplDyI.jpg

mpOUGmG.jpg

YLPrLq8.jpg

jdm8Ldi.jpg

I'll try to answer questions when I have time, which unfortunately is not very often.
Don't forget, there is a lot of unfinished work in this release, if something is not working, it's probably not complete.

Downloads

Download - (SparcMX Mirror)

Edited by SparcMX
Updated Version: 0.1.7.0b
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks a lot for your hard work Sparc, I will never say it enough! It's downloaded, I will let you know if issues arise.

🤩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Oh I see you have all the folders names  A1 A2 ect.

Mine are not named that way, mine 00,01,02,03 etc..... is there a option to change that format?

Edited by upperking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, upperking said:

Oh I see you have all the folders names  A1 A2 ect.

Mine are not named that way, mine 00,01,02,03 etc..... is there a option to change that format?

I'll have that option eventually, for the initial release I opted to go with Grapeshots naming convention.  Fairly simple option to add though.
You could rename the folders in the meantime 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

iF I WERE TO RENAME MY FOLDERS WOULD IT BE AltSaveDirectoryName=00 TO AltSaveDirectoryName=A1

start /high C:\ATLAS2\ShooterGame\Binaries\Win64\ShooterGameServer.exe Ocean?ServerX=0?ServerY=0?AltSaveDirectoryName=00?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

will it load existing  GUS.ini and Game.ini? because it doesn't show their settings in the utlity gui..

also how to you browse more of your shard tabs? can only see up-to C3 I cant browse to the right to see more of my 49 tabs...

I can browse over to them using the arrows on the keyboard but doesn't change the tabs view...

https://gyazo.com/aa7d0af390973449222e25ac4c272056

Edited by upperking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Aside from GUS and game ini mentioned above, what about replacing defaultgame.ini and defaultgus files when they get replaced in some updates?

I think I will switch to using this manager, versus what I'm using now.

Looks nice!

Adding update, looks like I have to wait for next update also, have too many grids.

Edited by telco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you guys are running some serious setups, are these spread across multiple machines or on a single machine?

With regards to the 2 main bugs
- I'm adding support for numbered saves
- Fixing the silly tab issue
And I'll slip in a self updater for convenience, looks like I'll be updating this thing like crazy :classic_huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slight change to the Tab arrangement, more in view and a working scroller!
I've also added the option to change the Save Folder naming convention.

I'll have this packaged up for release tomorrow loosely

pgwjyLH.png

No, the Save folder is not named /2,9 as it appears on the tab, it's actually /29 etc.. 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your hard work here!

I wonder if you plan to create a dynamiccally up and close servers on the fly functionality. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 Sounds awesome so far the only issue I have is I have existing map and working grids and when I load the grid Jason and I look into the shards it’s not showing in my settings off each GUS.ini from each shard folder does it load those when I start the server because I don’t wanted to override what I have in the server already in my short folders the game I and I and also the GUS.ini

 

 

 Yeah my seven 7x 7 is run on one server it’s not spread out 

Edited by upperking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So would you consider supporting current game/gus file params as an 'import' nto the config manager?  I have a lot customized in those files, to include the default gus/game files.  (it's just easier to update most things in one place)  Good copies of those config files could be pulled from a 'backup' directory on server start.

Have a 4x4 now, but I'm currently expanding to 5x5.  Runs on one server, but in two different VMs.  (redis/territory map app/etc. runs in a third VM)   It's a pretty good size server.

Would the server control app be able to manage that, given how the functions are distributed?   Was looking at the app control panel and wondering how it 'communicates' to the other servers to be able to control them.  (like when grids are spread across different servers/VMs)    It seems like the tool would need to run on each VM there are grids running, so not sure how you set it up to manage grids running on different servers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, su1 said:

Thank you for your hard work here!

I wonder if you plan to create a dynamiccally up and close servers on the fly functionality. 🙂

There are a lot of performance metrics that can be pulled from the process, the memory and cpu graph are a start, I'll be adding more in future.

 

14 hours ago, upperking said:

 Sounds awesome so far the only issue I have is I have existing map and working grids and when I load the grid Jason and I look into the shards it’s not showing in my settings off each GUS.ini from each shard folder does it load those when I start the server because I don’t wanted to override what I have in the server already in my short folders the game I and I and also the GUS.ini

Yeah my seven 7x 7 is run on one server it’s not spread out 

Your GUS and Game.ini settings are safe, ASC does not directly alter those files.  Only the settings in each tab will make changes to the config.
I haven't coded an import function for existing settings yet, getting there.

 

12 hours ago, telco said:

So would you consider supporting current game/gus file params as an 'import' nto the config manager?  I have a lot customized in those files, to include the default gus/game files.  (it's just easier to update most things in one place)  Good copies of those config files could be pulled from a 'backup' directory on server start.

Have a 4x4 now, but I'm currently expanding to 5x5.  Runs on one server, but in two different VMs.  (redis/territory map app/etc. runs in a third VM)   It's a pretty good size server.

Would the server control app be able to manage that, given how the functions are distributed?   Was looking at the app control panel and wondering how it 'communicates' to the other servers to be able to control them.  (like when grids are spread across different servers/VMs)    It seems like the tool would need to run on each VM there are grids running, so not sure how you set it up to manage grids running on different servers.

 

I do plan to support direct import/export of GUS and Game but for now I'll work on that code slowly/carefully.  Whatever options you see in ASC are the only ones that change GUS and Game, if you have added your own with good ol' notepad, don't worry, they will be left alone.

You run ASC on all physical or VM servers, each shard has a Sync Agent option, if you specify an ip address in the dropdown, ASC will consider that shard "remote" and not attempt to start or stop it.  With regards to one client talking to the other, the Sync Server will handle that.  For now, ASC on each server will update independently or with user intervention.

 

I've updated the thread description with the link to a newer version.  This one has a patching system that lets me push small updates, so it will be the only setup file you'll need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice update.  I like the layout for the local/remote servers.

I was going to mention that in the previous version it was not reporting the number of players on for me, but now after the update it seems to be working correctly.

See that SyncServer option is now 'available', but it says feature is incomplete.  Does it actually work, or just 'kinda' work?

Great job on this, glad to see that you are continuing to work on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think I'm missing something.  Is there an option to automatically restart crashed/unresponsive grids?   Had one crash and it is not restarting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, telco said:

Think I'm missing something.  Is there an option to automatically restart crashed/unresponsive grids?   Had one crash and it is not restarting.

Lockups and stack dumps are detected but I haven't coded outcomes for those events yet, I have a little bit of work to do on the scheduling system first.

The Sync Server is still a 'work in progress'.  Lot's of code without an interface :classic_wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SparcMX said:

Lockups and stack dumps are detected but I haven't coded outcomes for those events yet, I have a little bit of work to do on the scheduling system first.

The Sync Server is still a 'work in progress'.  Lot's of code without an interface :classic_wink:

Very impressive work, keep it up. IT tech here. 30 yrs

 

Do you have an admin console for doing the redis backups?

Edited by Sneakydude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sparc,  that's good to know about the restarts.  Restarting unresponsive/crashed grids is such a critical thing that I had assumed that the capability was there.   Do you have an idea on when you might start supporting that?

Once the new update comes out I suspect the server pop to go up quite a bit more, and keeping things up will provide a much better experience.

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patch v0.1.2.4b Released

  • Fixed a lockup issue with the broadcast announcement
  • Fixed the countdown timer not counting down !!
  • Added option to change countdown broadcast message
  • Added ASC config import on ASC patch update
  • Added some behind the scenes stuff
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Is it possible to do a countdown in seconds? So that the message does not disappear.

And I would like to be able to edit the path to the configuration files and saves.

Edited by Margot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×