Sign in to follow this  
Realist

The story of ark... oops atlas... well maybe both?

One of my buddies here on the forums clued me in on the lore of atlas. It wasn’t because I asked him to but I am still thankful he did after we were discussing it.

so what happened with ark was that some aliens stuck some humans on a planet(not earth).

with atlas evidently some aliens stuck some humans on a water filled planet(not earth).

so pretty much what happened was jeremy said some things that were similar even though they were years apart.

”hey guys we are going to make a Dino game, but it has to have aliens in it”

and

”hey guys we are going to make a pirate game, but it has to have aliens in it”

guess it wasn’t just the assets that got copied.

abyways, on a serious note, I can’t wait for flier to come to atlas. I will definitely like the game more after that. If you think they aren’t coming just wait to the next zeppelin gets spawned in 👍

• Haha 1

No one plays these games for the story. I played ARK for 3 years and I still have no idea the story is about. All I know is you are there to wipe out the other tribes and become the dominant one. Atlas is the same, the vague story exists only to provide some excuse for all the mythical stuff.

Thanks man. You’re such a waste in humanity I’m proud that you can atleast write down some kind of english words. Keep going. 

It’s like you took all your hatred against wildcard over the years, put that on notes in a box and after 3 months of full hatred the box is empty, and now you’re just like ‘dunno what to do with life now, bet they’re gonna like this’. 

There’s a word for people like you. 

Edited by Percieval

7 hours ago, ButtPirate said:

Another pointless post from you. Your seem to be living your life to the fullest.

Yes definitely. Everyone should live their life to the fullest. When I get a spare minute I like to come here.

what I don’t see as living your life to the fullest is the players that have hundreds of hour playing this game. Now that seems like a waste of a life. 

I am glad they are waiting on the wipe. Gamers really need to get out more and the devs are helping with that so to be honest it is a really good thing when you think about it.

And there I was thinking ATLAS is what happened after ARK...

Long-ago, far above the watery world of ATLAS there once existed a magic-powered “Golden Age” [Element powered]-- where great Empires of the Sky [orbit above Earth] lived at peace alongside magical creatures [like Dinos, Wyverns, Rockelemental] flourishing upon floating continents above the clouds [ARKs], all powered by a magical source of energy [Element] known as the Heart of the Goddess, granted by the powerful beings [HomoDeus] who dwell in the stars beyond. However, a powerful warlord known as Xevos sought to unite the human civilizations over the magickind, and launched a war that broke the Heart into pieces, unleashing a wave of destruction that shattered the floating landmasses and plunged them into the waters [someone battled the Overseer to crash the ARK system from orbit to Earth] below.

As in the Element powered ARKs in orbit crashed onto Earth and bring back life to Earth after the Element corruption on earth was destroyed by HomoDeus and H2O was brought back to Earth for recolonization...

And because everyone on TheIsland loved their raft bases, battles with it and living on the sea (until they introduced the Leedsichthys), ATLAS became a Pirate themed ARK-rafting game...
Somewhat coincides with the time when they started working on ATLAS - at the time of the golden age of ARK raft sailing - that is why the original ATLAS code seems to be from that time in ARK development...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sheepshooter said:

And there I was thinking ATLAS is what happened after ARK...

As in the Element powered ARKs in orbit crashed onto Earth and bring back life to Earth after the Element corruption on earth was destroyed by HomoDeus and H2O was brought back to Earth for recolonization...

And because everyone on TheIsland loved their raft bases, battles with it and living on the sea (until they introduced the Leedsichthys), ATLAS became a Pirate themed ARK-rafting game...
Somewhat coincides with the time when they started working on ATLAS - at the time of the golden age of ARK raft sailing - that is why the original ATLAS code seems to be from that time in ARK development...

Love it. Makes a lot of sense too! 👍

And to further this, every now and then the game will gitch and superimpose a segment of Ark landmass mesh over the Atlas world. Lore-ifying that bug would probably be along the lines of "every now and then, the ghosts of the past reemerge into the present and the way the world was reappears as an apparition, if only for a moment..."

• Like 1

I definitely always care about the story of any game, and would really enjoy ARK and Atlas having their's expounded; storytelling is my passion and profession.