Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

Devs, to save the game, you will need to change the rules for Alliances on Colonies.

It appears that the Megas are going to try to circumvent the rules by splitting into smaller companies, and joining Colonies as Allies.   I said it before, Meta gamers destroy your games.  So you will need to change how Alliances are done.

2 to 50 members per company.

Alliance = 50 members max.  In other words, a 50 member company can't form an Alliance.  Two 40 member companies cannot form an Alliance.  A 40 member company, and a 10 member can form an alliance.

You will need to police the game, to make sure that the Megas are not circumventing the rules, and forming unofficial alliances.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

it doesn't sound like the megas are going to play on empires at all. which makes since, no one wants to play on a low-pop/no-pop framework. it will work fine for the RP folks, but that's probably it. but they have an incentive to self balance and keep a healthy story line going. company size is much less of an issue.

i think of this in terms of the predator and prey relationship. the megas are going to follow the herds wherever they go. it's analogous to the African savannas, lions follow the antelope and pick off the wounded and helpless, easy prey.

it would be great if the empires/colonies played out as intended but it sounds like it's not going to happen.

50 player max alliance would solve it. sure there could be coordination on discord with 250 people, you can't avoid that, but at least there would some amount of friendly fire and confusion.

it would be messy with recruiting new people though. you would be quickly locked into what you had, you would be forced to kick people before recruiting new ones and you wouldn't necessarily know what all of your allies are doing in terms of recruiting. i do like the idea though, especially now that it looks like megas are just going to be playing on colonies.

Edited by Meerkat
  • Like 2

Exactly.  You can't prevent them from playing on the Colonies servers, or talking in Discord, but you can make this against the TOS, and you can create game mechanics that prevent them from actively working together in the game.  Or, at least inhibit them from doing so.

I am just not sure why the Megas want to kill the game.  This thing that they are doing, is self destructive.  Do you want there to be a game, or not?  The news that the Megas are doing this, is causing our guys to suggest other games.

• Like 2

Tribe caps and alliance caps won't impede a determined mega tribe. Both can be easily got around with ease. To expect that the admins will somehow make a rule against offline raiding and then effectively enforce it is very naive. That requires a lot of time and effort and ARK showed unless you admins actively watching it won't do much to help anyhow.

The fact of the matter is by choosing to play Colonies you are choosing to become a victim of a mega tribe. They will rule the server and there is nothing you can do about it and the same is true for Empires they will rule those as well. The difference though is that in one of those modes the little guy can fight back while in the other mode the little guy cannot.

I know which one I would play if I was in a small tribe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Whats your problem? Get some fucking friends and play the game... You can't prevent people from working together.

If you don't have friends what I assume after your constantly whines in this forum.. that's your problem

• Thanks 1

The problem most of you have, is that you want to play the big fish game but you want to stay small at the same time. I'm sry to tell you can't have it both ways. What you should demand is options to stay small and not be forced to play the big fish game, but people will continue to ally up even if the game doesn't give them the option.

• Like 1

Won’t work or change anything. People think that any cap on any amount will stop them from doing so. No it won’t. And it’s not even about forming alliances, that’s just so we get the blue names, you don’t have to be in an alliance to be allies. This won’t change a thing, I’m sorry. 

2 hours ago, Percieval said:

Won’t work or change anything. People think that any cap on any amount will stop them from doing so. No it won’t. And it’s not even about forming alliances, that’s just so we get the blue names, you don’t have to be in an alliance to be allies. This won’t change a thing, I’m sorry. 

Companies which are marked as neutral will have a different colour display HUD, as a way for players to indicate they are non-hostile, however, they will not have other benefits which the alliance system would provide.

Neutral settings will not stop friendly fire.

• Like 1

percieval and bullet force are right...

why would friendly fire stop a large company that split up at any point if they are coordinated?

even if there were no allies at all it would not stop them...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Meerkat said:

it doesn't sound like the megas are going to play on empires at all. which makes since, no one wants to play on a low-pop/no-pop framework. it will work fine for the RP folks, but that's probably it. but they have an incentive to self balance and keep a healthy story line going. company size is much less of an issue.

i think of this in terms of the predator and prey relationship. the megas are going to follow the herds wherever they go. it's analogous to the African savannas, lions follow the antelope and pick off the wounded and helpless, easy prey.

it would be great if the empires/colonies played out as intended but it sounds like it's not going to happen.

50 player max alliance would solve it. sure there could be coordination on discord with 250 people, you can't avoid that, but at least there would some amount of friendly fire and confusion.

it would be messy with recruiting new people though. you would be quickly locked into what you had, you would be forced to kick people before recruiting new ones and you wouldn't necessarily know what all of your allies are doing in terms of recruiting. i do like the idea though, especially now that it looks like megas are just going to be playing on colonies.

Megas are more like that kid nobody wants to play with and even though you try to ditch him he keeps following you around.

that is a perfect description. No predators here

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Asking a game company, for any game, to spend actual resources on "policing" so that they can ensure players don't have too many friends, is a pipe dream.

Sorry N3, you have too many friends. Please eliminate three, or be banned from the server. This is stupid on its face.

7 hours ago, DilBert said:

Companies which are marked as neutral will have a different colour display HUD, as a way for players to indicate they are non-hostile, however, they will not have other benefits which the alliance system would provide.

Neutral settings will not stop friendly fire.

Doesn’t change the fact it would have any impact. You know the alliance system and MANY other systems in this game like the entire colonies system would work out THAT much better if the animals weren’t that damn OP. 

this game is about politics, land claiming and what not and you want to throw all those big companies aboard? i am not playing in one but they are still part of the game. i mean come the dual server idea was bad in the first place and even if you only had like 10 max cap per alliances there is nothing that could stop 100 of these corps to attack you if they don't like you. asking that the devs should police this or make it harder for ppl to work together is just stupid...

but hey after they took the feedback of the few that asked for another server maybe they will catch this up also ^^

4 minutes ago, DocHolliday said:

Why do people insist that the game will die unless the devs follow their advice? 

Because its already down to 1k players if lucky and its a last ditch attempt by players. Why else would people post.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, DocHolliday said:

I saw people saying this months ago.  Its arrogant to think you have all the answers.

and it was shitty then too

Numbers have been declining so bad since release day 1 with all the problems, the hacks, the exploits we are left with a "Its way to early to announce a complete redo, lets wipe the servers" Do it right after PTR is ready to go, and also fix the existing problems first. Which did not happen to easy.. Its no way our faults, we did warn the devs.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Tribe caps and alliance caps won't impede a determined mega tribe. Both can be easily got around with ease. To expect that the admins will somehow make a rule against offline raiding and then effectively enforce it is very naive. That requires a lot of time and effort and ARK showed unless you admins actively watching it won't do much to help anyhow.

The fact of the matter is by choosing to play Colonies you are choosing to become a victim of a mega tribe. They will rule the server and there is nothing you can do about it and the same is true for Empires they will rule those as well. The difference though is that in one of those modes the little guy can fight back while in the other mode the little guy cannot.

I know which one I would play if I was in a small tribe...

If you want someone to "rule the game" who should be that other than mega tribes? Like be realistic. Tell me any other MMO where small group of players rules the game? Zergs will always be stronger in these types of games. It´s just how it is. 

Edited by Willard

7 hours ago, Willard said:

If you want someone to "rule the game" who should be that other than mega tribes? Like be realistic. Tell me any other MMO where small group of players rules the game? Zergs will always be stronger in these types of games. It´s just how it is. 

I don't have any problem with mega tribes ruling the game (disclaimer: I am in one atm) as that is a logical outcome. I do have a problem though when developers try and limit people's freedom to engage in PVP in an open world game because of a few cry babies on the forum. Thankfully they have now reversed course but none the less it should have never even been considered to begin with.

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

I don't have any problem with mega tribes ruling the game (disclaimer: I am in one atm) as that is a logical outcome. I do have a problem though when developers try and limit people's freedom to engage in PVP in an open world game because of a few cry babies on the forum. Thankfully they have now reversed course but none the less it should have never even been considered to begin with.

totally disagree, empires and colonies are frameworks that cater to different play styles, they both exist for a reason. the problem here is that the predators are following the prey. megas don't want to play on a low pop server cluster so they try to force their play style into a framework that has been specifically designed against their way of play. if you want to play on colonies as a mega, fine, but know that the playing field is not designed to suit you and accept it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Man you are desilusional. MOST of people want some kind of offline protection. I don´t know where you get that "few crybabies" led developers to change the current system. Look at how many people want to play on Colonies instead of Empires with current system. Its 9 to 1. Accept that fact you are the minority and stop behaving like most of people were satisfied with this offline meta. They weren´t. Majority of people simply refuse to play game where you have to rebuild your ships every time you log in. It´s not because they are carebears. It´s because they don´t want to invest time in smt which doesn´t pay off. 

How much time does it take to make a legendary ship (all the resources), level it up and how much time an offline raider needs to destroy it? Think about that. Tens of hours against 1 minute with a cannon bear. And don´t tell me "don´t build this ship if u can´t protect it". There is no way how to protect it in current system. Mixed tribes with US players, EU players, Chinese players, Australian players - cmon, how many tribes actually want to play with people all over the world (language barrier, trust issues etc.). And even this doesn´t help. 

It´s an MMO, stop looking at Atlas like ARK 2.0. ARK is pretty hardcore survival game, this is a survival MMO which needs to have big population to be enjoyable - that means devs need to shape the game according the majority of players whether you like it or not. 

Edited by Willard
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

1 hour ago, Willard said:

Man you are desilusional. MOST of people want some kind of offline protection. I don´t know where you get that "few crybabies" led developers to change the current system. Look at how many people want to play on Colonies instead of Empires with current system. Its 9 to 1. Accept that fact you are the minority and stop behaving like most of people were satisfied with this offline meta. They weren´t. Majority of people simply refuse to play game where you have to rebuild your ships every time you log in. It´s not because they are carebears. It´s because they don´t want to invest time in smt which doesn´t pay off. 

How much time does it take to make a legendary ship (all the resources), level it up and how much time an offline raider needs to destroy it? Think about that. Tens of hours against 1 minute with a cannon bear. And don´t tell me "don´t build this ship if u can´t protect it". There is no way how to protect it in current system. Mixed tribes with US players, EU players, Chinese players, Australian players - cmon, how many tribes actually want to play with people all over the world (language barrier, trust issues etc.). And even this doesn´t help. 

It´s an MMO, stop looking at Atlas like ARK 2.0. ARK is pretty hardcore survival game, this is a survival MMO which needs to have big population to be enjoyable - that means devs need to shape the game according the majority of players whether you like it or not. 

Just go look at some of my discussions with him. He is a delusional tool. He consistently lies about others, the game, and probably himself. His opinion is worth nothing because of those things. Not because he prefers one system over another, or likes this play style or that, no he is a tool because he is disrespectful, a liar, and in my opinion he probably just sucks at the game and so he wants it to be ark 2.0 on the seas, that way he can actually do something and pat himself on the back for it. Worthless in game and worthless here.

Hey all. Big company guy here....and it feels great!

Just wanted to say that all you solo players, and small company members are going to get shit on. 

So i'll be stocking up with as much chili & beans as i can get to make sure it's a constant feces party on yall.

It doesn't matter what the devs do at this point in time. 50/100/250 man company...it doesn't matter.

Even if the OP gets what he wants, who's to say we won't (or already have shhh) make verbal agreements with each other? If we cant have allies with a group over 50, fine. lol ok.

My suggestion for you guys is....recruit and make friends, or start buying rain jackets now because i promise you..when you see the SS Chicago coming towards you...it will become a scat party featuring you, and your little crew.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

Hey all. Big company guy here....and it feels great!

Just wanted to say that all you solo players, and small company members are going to get shit on. 

So i'll be stocking up with as much chili & beans as i can get to make sure it's a constant feces party on yall.

It doesn't matter what the devs do at this point in time. 50/100/250 man company...it doesn't matter.

Even if the OP gets what he wants, who's to say we won't (or already have shhh) make verbal agreements with each other? If we cant have allies with a group over 50, fine. lol ok.

My suggestion for you guys is....recruit and make friends, or start buying rain jackets now because i promise you..when you see the SS Chicago coming towards you...it will become a scat party featuring you, and your little crew.

Come get some.