Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

So the Megas are determined to circumvent the rules, and thus, kill this game?

7 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

What kind of game do you want?  Surely there should be some room for free game play.  if somebody risks one ship, they should expect to be jumped by 3.  But, a completely unlimited, no rules, no limitations game just isn't going to work.  The most perfect game has the average gamer seeing roughly a 1 to 1 success/failure rate.  This is a game that many people will keep coming back to play.  But the 3 on 1 ships is not the issue.  That's a one off encounter. 

Having large groups, playing against small groups, just doesn't work.  Would you play a soccer game if the other side is allowed to have double the number of people you would normally have on the field, while your team is only allowed 1/2 the number normally allowed? Of course you wouldn't.  But why?  Because the outcome is decided before the game even starts.

You don’t seem to get it. I’m starting to wonder why you bought this game since what is happening now was maybe one of the most expected things in the history of expected things. 

let the salt flow...

So as someone who started on PVE then went to a small vassal tribe in PVP then joined TPG... I can tell you why I am beating the living shit out of every goddamn bob I see this season.

Cause I hate you all ,you friendless whiny little no good pos's

One of the things I immensely enjoyed about the PVP aspects whether I was in a little company or big, was the constant threat, the rush of sneaking around other megas areas and stealing their shit or killing their animals or sinking their boats. I primarily focused on megas, because honestly you little bob people are a joke, even when I was in a small 10 man company, taking you out was akin to just trolling on your retarded cousin. Getting into a mega and having the constant assault and defend from other megas was intense and fun and gratifieing. Hell even our bobs joined in and had go's at it against the megas and their alliance. 

The game was marketed as a giant MMO 40k people, and then 3 months in is changing to accomodate all the losers and whiners who

A: Have no friends

B: Have no negotiation skills

C : Have little time to play the game and want to be able to do everything.

There was a place for that, it was called PVE. Hell I'm a narcissistic toxic asshole and I found people to play with, what's your excuses? Now the main reason all you little whinging peons are gonna get shattered and broken is that the devs seem to cater to the people NOT playing the game, which makes sense in a way, why care about the invested people, they got our money, time to bilk some more poor sods. So they change major aspects of the game that made it a cool MMO pirate PVP and instead carebear it down to try and appease the snowflake little PVE'ers who think they can roll with the big dogs. So I'm going to wreck you. Honestly at even our most insane with alliances we had maybe 100 people assaulting other megas, most assaults were in the 10-25 range so all that is really accomplished by the devs is annoying us and shattering us into 2-3 crews per company.  I think what will be next after you all get hammered to shit is 5 man tribes to accommodate your constant weeping.

In all reality the devs basically shit all over their most devoted playerbase and fans, people who loved the game to death, in favor of the losers, the whiners, the little pukes who couldn't hack it or negotiate as a vassal tribe, so like a lover scorned, we're gonna punish the devs by shitting all over the players they seem to care about. We actually were excited for the wipe, till the ideas spewed forth like bad chipotle diarrhea from the devs. Even then we were going ot give it a chance, hell the devs talked to us and other megas, they took notes on hundreds of ideas to make it better and more challenging etc, then their response? "Fuck ya all colonies with changes for 50 and under and you all get the same old shit but with 5000 more chinese..." 

So ya, because you dinguses with less class than a marxist utopia couldn't handle taxes, we're gonna make your lives a living hell. I mean, you play the game how you want and enjoy it, my only enjoyment will be hearing your cries of anguish and reading your salty forum posts asking for 2 man tribes. 

Lmao.

I don't think these bobs know whats going to happen once v1.5 officials finally come up.

They think they had a tough time before?

The devs have catered to them for too long now. These ungrateful little bitches are going to wish they never played this game.

11 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

Lmao.

I don't think these bobs know whats going to happen once v1.5 officials finally come up.

They think they had a tough time before?

The devs have catered to them for too long now. These ungrateful little bitches are going to wish they never played this game.

Don't be too mean, we could explain it to them if we got enough time and crayons

19 minutes ago, Maveric said:

Don't be too mean, we could explain it to them if we got enough time and crayons

bring more red crayons. They taste better 🙂

2 minutes ago, Kappinski said:

bring more red crayons. They taste better 🙂

I scorn you, scurvy companion, for everyone doth know, green is the tastiest!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Maveric said:

I scorn you, scurvy companion, for everyone doth know, green is the tastiest!

HALLMARK 2013 * CRAYOLA * BIG BOX OF 64! * CRAYON ORNAMENT       I brought these about a week or so ago and tried to teach them how to play but....instead of listening...they just began to eat all the crayons and cry

5 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

HALLMARK 2013 * CRAYOLA * BIG BOX OF 64! * CRAYON ORNAMENT       I brought these about a week or so ago and tried to teach them how to play but....instead of listening...they just began to eat all the crayons and cry

In response crayola, much like grapeshot devs, created edible crayons and forced them on everyone. They did not color as well but at least the idiotic masses were appeased. I swear most eunuchs have more balls than the devs.

We need to wait and see what @Realist and @Percieval have to say about this since they are truly the matriarchs of Atlas.

Realist pretty much knows every little nuance of the game. His superior leadership without even playing the game once is unprecedented.

Meanwhile the leader in the clubhouse, percieval, will be able to tell us if what we say is actually true, and if statistics show whether or not chewing on crayons does lead to a healthy lifestyle in the world we all know..as Atlas.

I mean cmon, they have 3000+ posts between them. I'm sure they already know exactly what to expect once Colonies arrives. 

5 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

We need to wait and see what @Realist and @Percieval have to say about this since they are truly the matriarchs of Atlas.

Realist pretty much knows every little nuance of the game. His superior leadership without even playing the game once is unprecedented.

Meanwhile the leader in the clubhouse, percieval, will be able to tell us if what we say is actually true, and if statistics show whether or not chewing on crayons does lead to a healthy lifestyle in the world we all know..as Atlas.

I mean cmon, they have 3000+ posts between them. I'm sure they already know exactly what to expect once Colonies arrives. 

Yes I hereby am awaiting what the mangled plum plucked harpys doth have to interject

2 hours ago, Maveric said:

let the salt flow...

So as someone who started on PVE then went to a small vassal tribe in PVP then joined TPG... I can tell you why I am beating the living shit out of every goddamn bob I see this season.

Cause I hate you all ,you friendless whiny little no good pos's

One of the things I immensely enjoyed about the PVP aspects whether I was in a little company or big, was the constant threat, the rush of sneaking around other megas areas and stealing their shit or killing their animals or sinking their boats. I primarily focused on megas, because honestly you little bob people are a joke, even when I was in a small 10 man company, taking you out was akin to just trolling on your retarded cousin. Getting into a mega and having the constant assault and defend from other megas was intense and fun and gratifieing. Hell even our bobs joined in and had go's at it against the megas and their alliance. 

The game was marketed as a giant MMO 40k people, and then 3 months in is changing to accomodate all the losers and whiners who

A: Have no friends

B: Have no negotiation skills

C : Have little time to play the game and want to be able to do everything.

There was a place for that, it was called PVE. Hell I'm a narcissistic toxic asshole and I found people to play with, what's your excuses? Now the main reason all you little whinging peons are gonna get shattered and broken is that the devs seem to cater to the people NOT playing the game, which makes sense in a way, why care about the invested people, they got our money, time to bilk some more poor sods. So they change major aspects of the game that made it a cool MMO pirate PVP and instead carebear it down to try and appease the snowflake little PVE'ers who think they can roll with the big dogs. So I'm going to wreck you. Honestly at even our most insane with alliances we had maybe 100 people assaulting other megas, most assaults were in the 10-25 range so all that is really accomplished by the devs is annoying us and shattering us into 2-3 crews per company.  I think what will be next after you all get hammered to shit is 5 man tribes to accommodate your constant weeping.

In all reality the devs basically shit all over their most devoted playerbase and fans, people who loved the game to death, in favor of the losers, the whiners, the little pukes who couldn't hack it or negotiate as a vassal tribe, so like a lover scorned, we're gonna punish the devs by shitting all over the players they seem to care about. We actually were excited for the wipe, till the ideas spewed forth like bad chipotle diarrhea from the devs. Even then we were going ot give it a chance, hell the devs talked to us and other megas, they took notes on hundreds of ideas to make it better and more challenging etc, then their response? "Fuck ya all colonies with changes for 50 and under and you all get the same old shit but with 5000 more chinese..." 

So ya, because you dinguses with less class than a marxist utopia couldn't handle taxes, we're gonna make your lives a living hell. I mean, you play the game how you want and enjoy it, my only enjoyment will be hearing your cries of anguish and reading your salty forum posts asking for 2 man tribes. 

I’m in a small tribe but we love to pvp. In fact we welcome pvp. But everyone thinks this new system is a bad idea so punish the small company. Last week 2 of us had an insanely fun ship battle with n3. We fought for like a half an hour until we both ran out of repair mats.  So we both had a friendly agreement of same time same place tomorrow and we will do some more. But guess what I couldn’t come back because a Chinese dude offline my ship at 4 am. So I rebuilt all day. Farmed up the journeyman cannons and then didn’t get it built in time because it actually takes a long time when you don’t have a huge company’s resources to draw from. Got offline again by a different Chinese player at 4 am. So I said eff it and quit until wipe. 

Now our clan we were all in a mega at once. It was awful. Couldn’t build ships because of cap. 3/4 of the people you never even talk to or heard of. And not to mention the alliance chat was more aids than anything else. What’s wrong with playing in a smaller group? It’s basically the same thing just without the blanket of a mega name. You have less blue ships in the ocean. 

When I log off to go to bed and then go to work and then log on is it so wrong to want to still have my shit to play with. If this was a land based game then who cares about ships. But it’s a pirate ship game and I want to ship battle. 

Like me I said in the beginning I would of went back everyday and ship battles if i didn’t get offlined. 

21 minutes ago, Tillman said:

I’m in a small tribe but we love to pvp. In fact we welcome pvp. But everyone thinks this new system is a bad idea so punish the small company. Last week 2 of us had an insanely fun ship battle with n3. We fought for like a half an hour until we both ran out of repair mats.  So we both had a friendly agreement of same time same place tomorrow and we will do some more. But guess what I couldn’t come back because a Chinese dude offline my ship at 4 am. So I rebuilt all day. Farmed up the journeyman cannons and then didn’t get it built in time because it actually takes a long time when you don’t have a huge company’s resources to draw from. Got offline again by a different Chinese player at 4 am. So I said eff it and quit until wipe. 

Now our clan we were all in a mega at once. It was awful. Couldn’t build ships because of cap. 3/4 of the people you never even talk to or heard of. And not to mention the alliance chat was more aids than anything else. What’s wrong with playing in a smaller group? It’s basically the same thing just without the blanket of a mega name. You have less blue ships in the ocean. 

When I log off to go to bed and then go to work and then log on is it so wrong to want to still have my shit to play with. If this was a land based game then who cares about ships. But it’s a pirate ship game and I want to ship battle. 

Like me I said in the beginning I would of went back everyday and ship battles if i didn’t get offlined. 

I never said the whole system was a bad idea, parts of the system are good, and other parts are so godawful atrocious and then they try to appease us with moldy carrots laced with rohypnol. You quoted my whole post and yet somehow took away what you wanted, which is par for the course. Your own argument can be used against you as well, what's wrong with the big Megas if you don't get offlined and can set hours? As you said you had a fun experience with N3, as we have had with other bobs we had hours of PvP'ing with.

The devs are punishing the masses for the sins of the few, and the beleaguered whinging of the small, insignificant, pathetic, and dare I say, uninformed. 

The vassal system in place was perfectly reasonable, as it still somewhat is, if not more so now, sans the alliance limit. That arbitrarily makes us more likely to just wtf pwn you instead of inviting you as a ally to live on our island. Inadvertently they have given us far more reason to just nuke you, notwithstanding the ire and vitriol that most have about the unclean masses.

Honestly though tbf, I am burnt, I will give no quarter or grace to the devs, even if they do something near perfect later on, in the words of the greatest public speaker our country has ever seen “There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

I might spare some bobs in the future if they entertain me, but I am a bitter and resentful man with low self esteem and a tiny albino cave dweller who lives in his grandmas basement. I will forever take joy in throwing all the bob things on the ground, and relentlessly assaulting them until they quit.

Edited by Maveric
Mah grammars bad

You overaggressive weirdos are exactly why I spend most of my time on pve.

My friends on pvp hit top 5 several times, so I know that when I visit pvp I don't have to be intimidated by you in the slightest, but I don't expect it to be often

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

You overaggressive weirdos are exactly why I spend most of my time on pve.

My friends on pvp hit top 5 several times, so I know that when I visit pvp I don't have to be intimidated by you in the slightest, but I don't expect it to be often

My daddy can also beat up your daddy...  Like for real...

• Haha 1

I guess I'll just look forward to not being allied with you anymore.

1 hour ago, SouthSideChicago said:

With this post you let everyone see why we shouldn’t take you seriously. Why don’t you go back to wherever you came from and don’t annoy us with this bullshit. Definition of childish. But if you wanna keep going, go ahead, I’m having a blast. 

I don’t understand why you align me next to Realist when I don’t like him, but maybe that’s logic in your own little world. Don’t know what I did to you, but maybe you’re just light hurt. 

Edited by Percieval

5 minutes ago, Percieval said:

With this post you let everyone see why we shouldn’t take you seriously. Why don’t you go back to wherever you came from and don’t annoy us with this bullshit. Definition of childish. But if you wanna keep going, go ahead, I’m having a blast. 

I don’t understand why you align me next to Realist when I don’t like him, but maybe that’s logic in your own little world. Don’t know what I did to you, but maybe you’re just light hurt. 

Yes forum master. No harm no foul.

47 minutes ago, Maveric said:

I never said the whole system was a bad idea, parts of the system are good, and other parts are so godawful atrocious and then they try to appease us with moldy carrots laced with rohypnol. You quoted my whole post and yet somehow took away what you wanted, which is par for the course. Your own argument can be used against you as well, what's wrong with the big Megas if you don't get offlined and can set hours? As you said you had a fun experience with N3, as we have had with other bobs we had hours of PvP'ing with.

The devs are punishing the masses for the sins of the few, and the beleaguered whinging of the small, insignificant, pathetic, and dare I say, uninformed. 

The vassal system in place was perfectly reasonable, as it still somewhat is, if not more so now, sans the alliance limit. That arbitrarily makes us more likely to just wtf pwn you instead of inviting you as a ally to live on our island. Inadvertently they have given us far more reason to just nuke you, notwithstanding the ire and vitriol that most have about the unclean masses.

Honestly though tbf, I am burnt, I will give no quarter or grace to the devs, even if they do something near perfect later on, in the words of the greatest public speaker our country has ever seen “There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.”

I might spare some bobs in the future if they entertain me, but I am a bitter and resentful man with low self esteem and a tiny albino cave dweller who lives in his grandmas basement. I will forever take joy in throwing all the bob things on the ground, and relentlessly assaulting them until they quit.

I’m on my phone so I don’t feel like editing out everything. So I will pick apart the last bit. All of the bobs were already eliminated from 1.0. They got tired of getting wiped and said change the game or we quit so they quit. That left a massive player drop with no signs of new incoming players. Thr game was almost dead. Devs decided to try and make a change to get players back.   

I get it. You like being in a mega tribe. But what’s the point when you don’t have anyone else to play against. Except dynasty. But doesn’t it get old? Just keep fighting them. After you wipe out the bobs again it’s just going to be you guys fighting each other again. So why not let the bobs play with each other. It sounds like it’s either join the mega or quit the game. We aren’t joining the mega again and if there isn’t a way for us to play then we will more than likely find a mother game. I’ll pvp all day against you in a fun way. But if it’s tpg main mission to burn atlas punish the bobs. Then it’s gonna be a short mission. Now I know for a fact that lots of the other Megan’s actually want the bobs to be around. I remember them talking about it in the sexy cats aop discussion talk they had like a month ago. Wipe the bobs kill the game. Sounds like a good longevity strat.

im just generalizing btw. Not singling you out personally. Just as the mindset. 

10 minutes ago, SouthSideChicago said:

Yes forum master. No harm no foul.

Light hurt it is. Now we know so hopefully you can move on. 

Question. 

If you eliminate the idea of the empires server because it’s a stupid idea. And you had 2 equal servers but 1 has a company limit of 10 and the other no limit. What server would be more popular?

2 minutes ago, Tillman said:

I’m on my phone so I don’t feel like editing out everything. So I will pick apart the last bit. All of the bobs were already eliminated from 1.0. They got tired of getting wiped and said change the game or we quit so they quit. That left a massive player drop with no signs of new incoming players. Thr game was almost dead. Devs decided to try and make a change to get players back.   

I get it. You like being in a mega tribe. But what’s the point when you don’t have anyone else to play against. Except dynasty. But doesn’t it get old? Just keep fighting them. After you wipe out the bobs again it’s just going to be you guys fighting each other again. So why not let the bobs play with each other. It sounds like it’s either join the mega or quit the game. We aren’t joining the mega again and if there isn’t a way for us to play then we will more than likely find a mother game. I’ll pvp all day against you in a fun way. But if it’s tpg main mission to burn atlas punish the bobs. Then it’s gonna be a short mission. Now I know for a fact that lots of the other Megan’s actually want the bobs to be around. I remember them talking about it in the sexy cats aop discussion talk they had like a month ago. Wipe the bobs kill the game. Sounds like a good longevity strat.

im just generalizing btw. Not singling you out personally. Just as the mindset. 

Many of my favorite gaming moments of all-time involved killing noobs over and over until they quit. I love when they get so mad and try everything in their power to get me back, but fail so miserably that they float away in a river of their own tears, never to be seen again.

The devs have turned themselves into the laughing stock of the gaming industry. Coming off one of the worst launch weeks in history, they began catering to the weakest of the weak, not giving 2 shits about their hardcore audience. The timing of their announcement of the wipe was just icing on the cake, proving to everyone how bad at this they really are.

To be perfectly honest, at this point I don't care what happens in the future for Atlas. Although i wish them well, they've literally shit the bed so many times that they deserve everything that's happening.

So Instead of being officer friendly and helping the average bob like I always have, I'm going to go out of my way to shit on all of them...over and over, and make more great memories.

I totally get it SS Chicago. It’s fun winning. But it’s only fun wiping noobs when there’s and endless supply. That’s what makes it fun. Let’s take an example. You are playing your favorite FPS. You enter matchmaking and in 10 seconds you get a game. You stomp all over the new player or the guy that’s not as good. Then you enter again and then 20 seconds later same thing. Then it’s a minute hen it’s 15 minutes. Pretty soon you are waiting for hours to get 1 game. That’s pretty much what’s going to happen. 

Now I agree with you on the devs. This game has the potential to be the greatest ever made in the right hands. It just wasn’t put in the right hands. I’ve played some private servers that are amazing with a couple qol changes. It would be so simple. 

Now maybe I’m still unclear on what a bob is. If a player cries because he got wiped on a pvp server trying to pve then says I’m not coming back blah blah blah. Then peace. But is a small group that has good relations and pvps hard and respects others a bob?

I like the idea of megas and smaller companies being able to co-exist in the game.  The smaller companies can use the larger companies to get the content they want and vice versa.  Its worked quite well in many games I have played over the years.  The biggest two examples in my gaming life are Shadowbane and EVE.  My gaming buddies of 20+ years were able to carve our own way in those worlds and participate in some of the largest battles seen plus enjoy our little vendettas against smaller groups.  At times we punched above our weight.  The games offered enough protection via its rule-sets and/or size to allow these things to happen. 

As the game stands now that is a difficult proposition.  I feel the game is healthier when there are more options for people.  Sure the small guy can still get shit on, but if they can return the favor its a wonderful thing and make the game healthier overall. 

Edited by DocHolliday
  • Like 1