Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

So the Megas are determined to circumvent the rules, and thus, kill this game?

10 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

special cause im in a zerg? jeez man u have issues...and sorry i dont bring my personal life into a video game forum to try making a point ya fuckin geek.

anyway..with all the changes made, and colonies just around the corner, why are people still worried about company/alliance numbers? havent the devs catered to you enough? i swear there are  so many people here that will never be satisfied no matter what the dev do. 

Welcome to real life.  You will never make all of the people happy all of the time.  And you will never get all of the people to agree on any one thing.  One day, you will realize that.

Some people like to play in huge groups.  Some people like to play in smaller groups, away from the larger groups.  The amount of hubris it must take for somebody to think that a substantial part of the community has no right to a play style they wish.  Imagine the PvE guys deciding that everyone should grow up and stop shooting each other, and all play PvE.  How would that sit with you?  I'm sure you wouldn't like it, and neither would I.  So in the same way, people who like to play in smaller groups, with actual friends, don't want large groups dictating to them how they should play the game.  They want a game mode that focuses on smaller groups, and do not want the larger groups circumventing that to maintain the status quo.  It's not healthy for the game.  Want to play in large groups, go to the server that offers that.  If you and the other large groups don't like the way Empires is to be set up and run, then petition Grapeshot to change the rules for Empires, to what you guys want.  Don't ruin Colonies for the smaller companies, just as you wouldn't want PvE guys ruining PvP.

• Like 1

Its very very VERY simple. 2 Colonies servers. 1 with tribe limit and the other with no limits. END OF DISCUSSION!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Tillman said:

Its very very VERY simple. 2 Colonies servers. 1 with tribe limit and the other with no limits. END OF DISCUSSION!

So how does that solve Tribe A working with Tribe B that is working with Tribe C? Technically they are different tribes in game even if they are all in the same discord server.

The problem is that a Grid allows 150 people, but a Company can be a lot bigger than that, and Alliances can be even bigger.  On Colonies, the Company limit is 50, which is good, but with Alliances, it can be 200.  So just one side, in a fight, can have more people than the server allows.  Better to set the limit for both Companies and Alliances to max of 50, or Companies to 50, and Alliances to 75 max members.

Also, while Megas can circumvent the limits with everyone on Discord or TS, the game can still make working together more difficult.  If you are not in an Alliance, you could not tell friend from foe.  Is that guy in the near distance, who is attacking another guy, one of your friends, or the enemy?  Your ships would fire at each other.  Your defenses would fire at your unofficial allies.  Etc...  While you may not be able to completely stop people from working together in unofficial alliances, you can make it much much more difficult.

People have already noted that a Mega can be invulnerable from attack now that they have a warning, by simply flooding the server with their people, thus the enemy can't get into the server to attack.  Personally, I would just limit Companies to 25 people, and allow Alliances to have up to 75 members.  Thus, both sides combined, with full participation, would not exceed the server population limit.

• Like 1

you do realize That the n12/n13 battle had 250 people on the server. Please refrain from posting things you do not understand or have any experience with.

On 3/27/2019 at 10:19 PM, Tillman said:

They already have that. It called colonies and empire

On 3/28/2019 at 3:17 PM, DocHolliday said:

This game does not have Tribes.  It has companies.  Get it right guys. 

Nah. They are tribes. Get the game right. Yeah you know what it is

4 hours ago, scrublord said:

you do realize That the n12/n13 battle had 250 people on the server. Please refrain from posting things you do not understand or have any experience with.

I don’t believe it

5 hours ago, scrublord said:

Yeah, and what was the performance like?  Probably a slide show for many, if there were actually that many there.

21 hours ago, Realist said:

They already have that. It called colonies and empire

Nah. They are tribes. Get the game right. Yeah you know what it is

I don’t believe it

Colonies and empires is not 2 Colonies servers. Pay attention and stop trying to boost your post count. Empires is a different set of rules than Colonies. 

3 hours ago, Tillman said:

Colonies and empires is not 2 Colonies servers. Pay attention and stop trying to boost your post count. Empires is a different set of rules than Colonies. 

Dude, you need to knock it off. What is up with the post count crap? I had no clue about it until people started bringing it up. Does that mean you are cool if you have a high post count or something? Time to chill dude.

so wait, you brought up a stupid idea of two different colony servers? Why the hell would they do that? 

2 hours ago, Realist said:

so wait, you brought up a stupid idea of two different colony servers? Why the hell would they do that? 

Because the Megas also wanted those rules that Colonies have, but colonies is also trying to make the game better for small Companies, but Megas are determined to ruin that by circumventing the Company member limit.  So the answer is to change the Empires server to the same as Colonies, with slight rule changes, but changes designed for the Megas, such as no limits on Company size, or Alliance size.  Then make the Colonies server, even harder for large groups to work together.  Such as no Alliances bigger than the Company member limit.  Thus, the AI will shoot at your unofficial Allies,  and you have a harder time telling friend from foe on the battlefield, if your unofficial Allies take part in a battle by your side.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Because the Megas also wanted those rules that Colonies have, but colonies is also trying to make the game better for small Companies, but Megas are determined to ruin that by circumventing the Company member limit.  So the answer is to change the Empires server to the same as Colonies, with slight rule changes, but changes designed for the Megas, such as no limits on Company size, or Alliance size.  Then make the Colonies server, even harder for large groups to work together.  Such as no Alliances bigger than the Company member limit.  Thus, the AI will shoot at your unofficial Allies,  and you have a harder time telling friend from foe on the battlefield, if your unofficial Allies take part in a battle by your side.

I get you jack, and I like you. The thing is the Megas will be a problem no matter what. If you make a colony server for them they will still go where the smaller companies go. There is literally no way around that. Yes, we can make it a little harder but they will stay where the smaller companies go no matter what.

to this day and forever, there is only one thing that can kill the Megas and that is factions.

as in no such thing as solo, small group, of big group. You pick a faction and that is who you are with. This is the only way.

if they are smart they will implement this. I also think only 2 factions would be perfect. Some might disagree which is fine but that is what I want for this game. 2 factions get rid of Megas. Multiple factions will just lead to “mega” factions. Only 2, plain and simple.

there is no way to deter the Megas man. There just isn’t. You either kill them or deal with them.

Maybe the will, and maybe they won't.  Since nobody is talking about going Empires, why not make it a Colonies server, dedicated to Megas, with rules that cater to them, and see if they will do the right thing, and go to that server?  Worth a try, rather than waste a server with rules that nobody wants.

2 hours ago, Realist said:

I get you jack, and I like you. The thing is the Megas will be a problem no matter what. If you make a colony server for them they will still go where the smaller companies go. There is literally no way around that. Yes, we can make it a little harder but they will stay where the smaller companies go no matter what.

to this day and forever, there is only one thing that can kill the Megas and that is factions.

as in no such thing as solo, small group, of big group. You pick a faction and that is who you are with. This is the only way.

if they are smart they will implement this. I also think only 2 factions would be perfect. Some might disagree which is fine but that is what I want for this game. 2 factions get rid of Megas. Multiple factions will just lead to “mega” factions. Only 2, plain and simple.

there is no way to deter the Megas man. There just isn’t. You either kill them or deal with them.

Where there is a will, there is a way. could just make it the policy of the official colony server. server flooding could be investigated by GM's and broken up if Mega's violate small company server rules.. most mmo's have GM's anyways.

The only mega's that should exist on colonies is trade networks

Edited by Enki Anunnaki

2 hours ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

Where there is a will, there is a way. could just make it the policy of the official colony server. server flooding could be investigated by GM's and broken up if Mega's violate small company server rules.. most mmo's have GM's anyways.

The only mega's that should exist on colonies is trade networks

You are very correct enki. I would love that to happen. I didn’t give that as an option because that one costs money so they won’t do it. They are adding content to the game anyway, so making factions wouldn’t cost.

but yeah man, that would be my favorite option. Sadly, it is pretty much not going to happen. If it does, I will gain some respect for the devs.

1 hour ago, Realist said:

You are very correct enki. I would love that to happen. I didn’t give that as an option because that one costs money so they won’t do it. They are adding content to the game anyway, so making factions wouldn’t cost.

but yeah man, that would be my favorite option. Sadly, it is pretty much not going to happen. If it does, I will gain some respect for the devs.

it could always be an unpaid player moderator. Runescape is a famous example of that system working like a champ. They get no real power besides sending the information upwards and "temporary mute" capabilities. like a community watch group. works like a charm.

Make a reporting channel in discord where players submit a ticket for whatever reason they suspect is happening that is a breach of the rules. Player mod comes to the area, checks out the if situation is a valid breech or not. If it is, sends the information and proof up the chain of command and action is taken. Give the mods a fancy little icon next to their name in game and in chat that identify mods from regular players and that will make plenty of people volunteer to be a mod. hell i would.

Boom. Mega menace and cheaters dealt with.
(obviously player mods should be screened and a strict code of conduct with strict penalties should be enforced)

Edited by Enki Anunnaki
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Enki Anunnaki said:

it could always be an unpaid player moderator. Runescape is a famous example of that system working like a champ. They get no real power besides sending the information upwards and "temporary mute" capabilities. like a community watch group. works like a charm.

Make a reporting channel in discord where players submit a ticket for whatever reason they suspect is happening that is a breach of the rules. Player mod comes to the area, checks out the if situation is a valid breech or not. If it is, sends the information and proof up the chain of command and action is taken. Give the mods a fancy little icon next to their name in game and in chat that identify mods from regular players and that will make plenty of people volunteer to be a mod. hell i would.

Boom. Mega menace and cheaters dealt with.
(obviously player mods should be screened and a strict code of conduct with strict penalties should be enforced)

That would be awesome. Thanks for putting your ideas on here. Hopefully when they look at them they will decide to implement these ideas.

still not hopeful though lol

• Like 1

Since the beginning of times human kind gathered together to be safe, to be stronger, that´s human nature and that´s what players in Megas do. You want to suppress this behaviour violently. You understand there is like 80% of PvE or very poor PvP players in Megas? To be honest fighting against Mega company was, at least for us, much easier than against multiple small tribes. Ofc we didn´t wipe Mega but we had an easy time fighting them. They were unorganised, poor with handling ships etc. Small organised groups? Much much harder. 

If some smaller company will be a target for Mega, they should do some politics and cooperate with others to def it and retaliate after. Threat from Megas is real but that´s how alliances between smaller tribes constitute. It´s always like "hey, if this Mega wipes us they will come after you", most of the time (if people are somehow reasonable) it works and people cooperate. 

So instead of fighting each other smaller tribes should aim for Megas, that´s how it is. Practically you have those "factions" here. 

Edited by Willard

On 3/28/2019 at 4:18 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Imagine the PvE guys deciding that everyone should grow up and stop shooting each other, and all play PvE.  

just as you wouldn't want PvE guys ruining PvP.

You should put your guns and swords down and play nice with each other.  That's a fact.  All this arguing.. and anger and boiling rage and wait i'm talking about myself again.

You don't need to believe it. They're are multiple videos on YouTube about that battle and TPG was there. So you  deciding to not believe in a basic fact of gameplay makes me sad. You must be one of those my truth people that believe your opinion overrules real facts.

Edited by scrublord

4 hours ago, Willard said:

Since the beginning of times human kind gathered together to be safe, to be stronger, that´s human nature and that´s what players in Megas do. You want to suppress this behaviour violently. You understand there is like 80% of PvE or very poor PvP players in Megas? To be honest fighting against Mega company was, at least for us, much easier than against multiple small tribes. Ofc we didn´t wipe Mega but we had an easy time fighting them. They were unorganised, poor with handling ships etc. Small organised groups? Much much harder. 

If some smaller company will be a target for Mega, they should do some politics and cooperate with others to def it and retaliate after. Threat from Megas is real but that´s how alliances between smaller tribes constitute. It´s always like "hey, if this Mega wipes us they will come after you", most of the time (if people are somehow reasonable) it works and people cooperate. 

So instead of fighting each other smaller tribes should aim for Megas, that´s how it is. Practically you have those "factions" here. 

Nah, gotta get rid of the Megas. True factions will be A LOT better

41 minutes ago, scrublord said:

You don't need to believe it. They're are multiple videos on YouTube about that battle and TPG was there. So you  deciding to not believe in a basic fact of gameplay makes me sad. You must be one of those my truth people that believe your opinion overrules real facts.

No, you just didn’t post the video so are far as I am concerned it never happened. It’s not my job to prove you right? You get that don’t you?

You could make an unofficial faction.. on the server, and have unofficially official companies join it and operate as a single entity but under multiple disguises.

Edited by Martyn

On 3/28/2019 at 1:18 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Welcome to real life.  You will never make all of the people happy all of the time.  And you will never get all of the people to agree on any one thing.  One day, you will realize that.

Some people like to play in huge groups.  Some people like to play in smaller groups, away from the larger groups.  The amount of hubris it must take for somebody to think that a substantial part of the community has no right to a play style they wish.  Imagine the PvE guys deciding that everyone should grow up and stop shooting each other, and all play PvE.  How would that sit with you?  I'm sure you wouldn't like it, and neither would I.  So in the same way, people who like to play in smaller groups, with actual friends, don't want large groups dictating to them how they should play the game.  They want a game mode that focuses on smaller groups, and do not want the larger groups circumventing that to maintain the status quo.  It's not healthy for the game.  Want to play in large groups, go to the server that offers that.  If you and the other large groups don't like the way Empires is to be set up and run, then petition Grapeshot to change the rules for Empires, to what you guys want.  Don't ruin Colonies for the smaller companies, just as you wouldn't want PvE guys ruining PvP.

The game doesnt have enough people to support two pvp servers, thats the reality, specially when you consider they are adding ~250 more islands.  People will ball up regardless of the ruleset, because lots of people is what makes the game fun.

There was room for small companies in the old system, certainly will be in Colonies regardless what others do.

Edited by galium

6 hours ago, galium said:

The game doesnt have enough people to support two pvp servers, thats the reality, specially when you consider they are adding ~250 more islands.  People will ball up regardless of the ruleset, because lots of people is what makes the game fun.

There was room for small companies in the old system, certainly will be in Colonies regardless what others do.

It would have more people if the game gets to where it needs to be, and when people are not forced to deal with Megas.