Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jack Shadow

So the Megas are determined to circumvent the rules, and thus, kill this game?

21 minutes ago, Tillman said:

I totally get it SS Chicago. It’s fun winning. But it’s only fun wiping noobs when there’s and endless supply. That’s what makes it fun. Let’s take an example. You are playing your favorite FPS. You enter matchmaking and in 10 seconds you get a game. You stomp all over the new player or the guy that’s not as good. Then you enter again and then 20 seconds later same thing. Then it’s a minute hen it’s 15 minutes. Pretty soon you are waiting for hours to get 1 game. That’s pretty much what’s going to happen. 

Now I agree with you on the devs. This game has the potential to be the greatest ever made in the right hands. It just wasn’t put in the right hands. I’ve played some private servers that are amazing with a couple qol changes. It would be so simple. 

Now maybe I’m still unclear on what a bob is. If a player cries because he got wiped on a pvp server trying to pve then says I’m not coming back blah blah blah. Then peace. But is a small group that has good relations and pvps hard and respects others a bob?

Problem is, this isn't an fps...i get your point, but there is an endless supply of bobs. the numbers are low right now but once colonies is here, you'll see.

Again, don't fall into this whole idea that megas run around as 1 big group like most of these forum whores have been saying.

Lets take @Realistfor an example. Now she hasn't even played this game once, that's right, she has never created a character and got to lvl 2, but she continues to post, 1200+ times, that megas are what's wrong with the game and blah blah blah. Now all the little gullible noobs that come onto this forum, eager to learn, see this type of shit. So once they lose a battle or get raided, instead of telling the truth that it was only a group of 3-4 players or w/e who ganked them, they remember what that girl Realist said, and they come back to these forums and say "megas raided me and they are the worst"....it's a vicious cycle of entitled bobbery.

Small groups that pvp and say good job after a win or a loss are NOT bobs. They are exactly what the game needs more of and i have always helped them out with gold, kits, resources, etc...anything i can if they ask. There aren't many like that, but they are out there.

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:57 PM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Why?  If the Megas go to the Colonies servers, and ally up, to maintain their Mega status, they will kill the game.  In the end, they will be alone, just the Megas.  So why do it?  Why not go to the Empire servers?  Afraid of being exposed?

Honestly? Because it was our feedback dumps that led to the timer based colony system. Nobody liked flag spam. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SouthSideChicago said:

Problem is, this isn't an fps...i get your point, but there is an endless supply of bobs. the numbers are low right now but once colonies is here, you'll see.

Again, don't fall into this whole idea that megas run around as 1 big group like most of these forum whores have been saying.

Lets take @Realistfor an example. Now she hasn't even played this game once, that's right, she has never created a character and got to lvl 2, but she continues to post, 1200+ times, that megas are what's wrong with the game and blah blah blah. Now all the little gullible noobs that come onto this forum, eager to learn, see this type of shit. So once they lose a battle or get raided, instead of telling the truth that it was only a group of 3-4 players or w/e who ganked them, they remember what that girl Realist said, and they come back to these forums and say "megas raided me and they are the worst"....it's a vicious cycle of entitled bobbery.

Small groups that pvp and say good job after a win or a loss are NOT bobs. They are exactly what the game needs more of and i have always helped them out with gold, kits, resources, etc...anything i can if they ask. There aren't many like that, but they are out there.

Well Megas will be Megas after all. A tiger can’t change his stripes.

just wondering, are you trying to give the Megas a good name? Yeah that will never happen.

pretty soon they will have small company servers just like they did with ark. If you thought 25 was small, wait till you see 6 man companies. Now that will be a good server.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Realist said:

Well Megas will be Megas after all. A tiger can’t change his stripes.

just wondering, are you trying to give the Megas a good name? Yeah that will never happen.

pretty soon they will have small company servers just like they did with ark. If you thought 25 was small, wait till you see 6 man companies. Now that will be a good server.

Id be ok with 10 player companies, lots of good pvpers out there, would be fun.

5 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

Id be ok with 10 player companies, lots of good pvpers out there, would be fun.

Yeah it will be a blast. It won’t take that long either. Once they made small tribes on ark a lot more people came back. If you really look at everything they have done it is what they have also done with ark

Just now, Realist said:

Yeah it will be a blast. It won’t take that long either. Once they made small tribes on ark a lot more people came back. If you really look at everything they have done it is what they have also done with ark

I am not too keen on massive alliance stuff, OK 50 alliances all attacking a 50 man crew. Not sure its really all that fun zerging others. A good battle is always fought with what you have. But hey they do things differently here with 150 man servers. Just not enough hardware to handle it i guess or the code sucks to make it better.

3 minutes ago, Sneakydude said:

I am not too keen on massive alliance stuff, OK 50 alliances all attacking a 50 man crew. Not sure its really all that fun zerging others. A good battle is always fought with what you have. But hey they do things differently here with 150 man servers. Just not enough hardware to handle it i guess or the code sucks to make it better.

Yeah it is just a failed design. There will never be the big sea battles. And some people just can’t pvp that well so they have to have a bunch of people lol. But hey, if they need it then we can’t blame them for it really

On 3/26/2019 at 12:53 AM, Captain Jack Shadow said:

Megas in an of themselves are not a problem.  It's the mechanics of the game that allow Megas to be a problem.  If you don't think a Mega can be a problem in a PvP game, I ask you this.  Would you play a CoD game, or Battlefield, if you logged in, and you are on a side with 10 people, but the other side has 250?  I mean that fight is literally going to go just one way, every single time, barring somebody on the 10 man side, using a cheat.  So why play it?  What's the point?  Nobody would play that.  It SHOULD be boring for the people on the 250 man side, and would mostly be frustrating for the 10 man side, though the people on the ten man side might actually pull off an occasional burst of kills.  But in the end, the 250 man side is going to win, every time.

So it is better to have game mechanics that encourage more equal sides in a fight.  Not guarantee them, but promote this to happen.  Those that don't like this, don't actually want hardcore PvP.  They want to be on the 250 man side, and overwhelm smaller groups through numbers, then walk away thinking that what they did took skill.  It's delusion.

The 10 vs zerg actually happened, when chemb subsidiary aimbotted zerg. Though I dislike cheats I chuckled when all zerg cried and renamed. Shows how used to comfort that zerg mindset is.

What I’d like to see, to add to your post, is devs making a Policy against unlawful teaming and stating clearly that unlawful teaming and circumventing the company and alliance cap is a bannable offense. 

Edited by gnihar
  • Like 1

Trying to create a Policy against team work is a slippery slope, in majority of cases your just going to end up hurting the little guys more then the big guys and its always going to be a wobbly line.

I mean lets be honest telling people that will get banned for working together.. yeah that's not a good way to get respect from your players. 

Honestly trying to create some extra subset of rules like that is terrible.

I think 10 max in a company would bring the game to its full potential. It would be so full of players. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hexz said:

Trying to create a Policy against team work is a slippery slope, in majority of cases your just going to end up hurting the little guys more then the big guys and its always going to be a wobbly line.

I mean lets be honest telling people that will get banned for working together.. yeah that's not a good way to get respect from your players. 

Honestly trying to create some extra subset of rules like that is terrible.

Strong policy is needed to control zerg from unlawfully bypassing team limit.

You do realize that breaking the rules is bad? And that there will be a server for zerg - it is called Empires.

Of course each report of teaming should be investigated and punishment rendered accordingly.

So it seems that the zergs like some of the rules for Colonies.  They don't want Empires.  So the solution seems simple.  Change Empires to the same as Colonies, but with no member limits in companies, and no limits for Alliances.

Mc Donald’s? Lol nah. I am a fire fighter. Someone on twitter even found out the department I worked for and tried to get me in trouble 😂

if you think you guys are awesome and a tight knit group then you don’t know our department. We sit there and laugh at all this. I am admired by millions.

Everyone knows what I do and they don’t care.

if you haven’t figured out this is ark yet then you need to ask somebody, because you are in for a rude awakening.

i get it, you are a tough guy, cool man. - Realist

Lmao wtf? So you ended up pissing someone off on Twitter too? What a shocker!

Don't try pulling this shit on me nerd. I have respect for policemen, firefighters, and all 1st responders. Who doesn't? but who the fuck says something like that in a video game forum to make a point? That has to be the lowest shit i've seen, ever.

I'd love to hear what your fellow workers think about you posting so much about a video game that you've never even played before @Realist. If they are half the jokesters and pranksters that the firefighters here in Chicago are, they would tie you up and hit you with the 1 3/4 water hose to teach your little bitch ass a lesson. If you don't know what that means then you aren't who you say you are.

"I am admired by millions" Lmao honestly, who says that? Holy shit this is hilarious. bahahahaha what a fuckin geek this guy is. "hey, hey, hey you listen here mr southside, even though all i do is wash all the mens underwears and clean the floors I'm a firefighter, yeah..yeah, i'm admired by millions!"

I don't think his fellow firefighters care what he does on a game forum.  They care what he does on the job.  While not apples to apples, I was in the military.  I didn't care what others did in their private life.  I cared that they were professional on the job.  Don't do drugs, don't take shortcuts on the job that would get me injured or killed, etc...  Other than that, my attitude was, you do you.  One of my friends was cheating on his wife.  I didn't approve, but it wasn't my business, so I stayed out of it.

• Like 1

Hey guys we are designing a MMO that can have 40,000 people in the same world...but only 10 man companies are allowed.  If you work around these rules you'll be banned.

Seems a bit odd to me.   I've never played a MMO with PVP like this before.

Edited by DocHolliday

3 hours ago, Captain Jack Shadow said:

I don't think his fellow firefighters care what he does on a game forum.  They care what he does on the job.  While not apples to apples, I was in the military.  I didn't care what others did in their private life.  I cared that they were professional on the job.  Don't do drugs, don't take shortcuts on the job that would get me injured or killed, etc...  Other than that, my attitude was, you do you.  One of my friends was cheating on his wife.  I didn't approve, but it wasn't my business, so I stayed out of it.

Yeah I usually don’t bother talking like that but this guy thought he was special because he is in a mega.

thanks for your service. Guess he doesn’t know what true brotherhood is because I don’t know anyone that would do stuff like that to one of their brothers

5 hours ago, gnihar said:

Strong policy is needed to control zerg from unlawfully bypassing team limit.

You do realize that breaking the rules is bad? And that there will be a server for zerg - it is called Empires.

Of course each report of teaming should be investigated and punishment rendered accordingly.

Good luck enforcing it they tried it with ARK and it failed miserably. Unless they willing to pay admins to actively monitor servers 24/7 then its just to be an unenforceable rule. 

1 minute ago, Bullet Force said:

Good luck enforcing it they tried it with ARK and it failed miserably. Unless they willing to pay admins to actively monitor servers 24/7 then its just to be an unenforceable rule. 

The risk of tribewipe alone would be deterrent enough, IMO, for the zerg not to attempt that form of cloack and dagger with server rules.

Word gets out a xy zerg was wiped due to unlawful teaming - many others will think twice: shall we anger the small company and get reported or shall we rather go empires, where we can play our game style.

• Like 1

Separating people across dozens of server types is not my idea of a true MMO.  People are trying to destroy the very purpose of this game daily. 

6 hours ago, Realist said:

Yeah I usually don’t bother talking like that but this guy thought he was special because he is in a mega.

thanks for your service. Guess he doesn’t know what true brotherhood is because I don’t know anyone that would do stuff like that to one of their brothers

special cause im in a zerg? jeez man u have issues...and sorry i dont bring my personal life into a video game forum to try making a point ya fuckin geek.

anyway..with all the changes made, and colonies just around the corner, why are people still worried about company/alliance numbers? havent the devs catered to you enough? i swear there are  so many people here that will never be satisfied no matter what the dev do. 

6 hours ago, gnihar said:

The risk of tribewipe alone would be deterrent enough, IMO, for the zerg not to attempt that form of cloack and dagger with server rules.

Word gets out a xy zerg was wiped due to unlawful teaming - many others will think twice: shall we anger the small company and get reported or shall we rather go empires, where we can play our game style.

No unfortunately that will not be enough of a deterrent. But yes, if they spend the mo way to have gm’s On the clusters that would actually have a shot at a very successful game.

we can’t have those dirty Megas breaking the rules left and right. If we got rid of them the game would actually be good. 

The last thing we need are players policing the servers 😂 that has to be the stupidest idea in gaming. Gm’s would be a very perfect solution.

1 minute ago, Realist said:

No unfortunately that will not be enough of a deterrent. But yes, if they spend the mo way to have gm’s On the clusters that would actually have a shot at a very successful game.

we can’t have those dirty Megas breaking the rules left and right. If we got rid of them the game would actually be good. 

The last thing we need are players policing the servers 😂 that has to be the stupidest idea in gaming. Gm’s would be a very perfect solution.

Which server did you play btw?

Just now, gnihar said:

Which server did you play btw?

None. I am a console player waiting for the game to come onto console. I was really hoping these devs could have changed their ways but they didn’t.

if they would have taken their time to release it in a better state on pc it would have had a chance to make it to console by now or atleast pretty soon. 

Oh well, hopefully one day. Maybe

5 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Separating people across dozens of server types is not my idea of a true MMO.  People are trying to destroy the very purpose of this game daily. 

Well yeah, it was a bad game idea to begin with. Unless it was purely faction based it wasn’t a true mmo anyways. It’s just ark with a larger world. 

Pretty soon small company servers will be around which will have good pvp

14 minutes ago, Realist said:

None. I am a console player waiting for the game to come onto console. I was really hoping these devs could have changed their ways but they didn’t.

And you comment on the game, interesting. Btw, give me the Report button ANY time of a day (we do NOT have it in game FYI), and I will police the server for free.

Would report teaming behavior if I were sure the devs would actually punish it.

Edited by gnihar

36 minutes ago, gnihar said:

And you comment on the game, interesting. Btw, give me the Report button ANY time of a day (we do NOT have it in game FYI), and I will police the server for free.

Would report teaming behavior if I were sure the devs would actually punish it.

Yeah exactly. And yes I know they don’t follow through with enforcement. Don’t need the game to tell you that. Anyways, I was saying having gm’s would be a good thing if you disagreed that was all you had to say. Feel free to complain though, I am a firm believer in free speech even though others are not