Sign in to follow this  
Mike L

Pre wipe ship battles

Since the wipe is coming we made the best fighting brig we could, and our tiny company has been sailing around looking for others to battle on the seas!

The ship is in l5 Freeport, we usually play about 10pm central us time, if you have designs you want to test out but have nobody to fight, post here and well come looking for ya, especially if your close to l5 at all. 

We wont sink ships where players are offline, we just want some more pvp action!

Well announce our arrival on your server when we get there!

No rules or anything, just looking for a fight that could sink our ship, you want to fight us with 2 ships, that's cool! 

If your interested just post where you'll be around 10pm-1am, central us.

Edited by Mike L

I dont have one, I'm at work right now, I could post one tonight, it's a pretty mean setup though, single layer of armour with 18 large cannons :p. 

The surprise could be part of the fun though lol, it's our idea of the toughest ship to fight so dont pull any punches against it, use a gally if you like. 

3 hours ago, BurgsideTiger said:

lol, tiny companies are the reason the game is dead. enjoy it while it lasts. you got what you wanted. 

Or Megas are why the game is now so low population.

In reality it is because you have two competing play styles and neither of them is "right". It is just over-entitled people who think they can declare that some play style is correct and another is incorrect that is troubling, but that is just human nature.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike L said:

We wont sink ships where players are offline, we just want some more pvp action!

And that is why you will never be a top PVP player. You are letting quaint morals and ethics disadvantage yourself. All in or nothing that is the way to play.

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

And that is why you will never be a top PVP player. You are letting quaint morals and ethics disadvantage yourself. All in or nothing that is the way to play.

Who needs skill to be a 'top PVP player' right?

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

Cause your a top PvP(O) player right Mr. Hardcore?

Please note Mr. Hardcore did NOT offer to come fight you, no he just tells you how much you suck from the middle of the zerg, waiting to show his PvO skillz. 

Are you going to be in the TPG main company Mr. Hardcore? I mean your so crazy all about it I would assume you will be in their top 50. Or are you going to be in one of their slave branch companies farming mats for the hardcore cause? Everyone is just dying to know what is coming up in the next exciting chapter of "Mr. Hardcore!- man of pure heartless REAL PvP(O) action!". 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mike L said:

I dont have one, I'm at work right now, I could post one tonight, it's a pretty mean setup though, single layer of armour with 18 large cannons :p. 

The surprise could be part of the fun though lol, it's our idea of the toughest ship to fight so dont pull any punches against it, use a gally if you like. 

I would like to see pics. If someone had not offlined my brig and I had company members playing still I would fight it. My brig had full single layer armor, 12 large cannons, 15 medium cannons, and a ram at the prow. I miss that brig. I know some dislike mediums, but I like their dps, especially after they nerfed the larges. How is yours setup? Side heavy, broadsides, guns all around, etc etc.

If you end up finding people let us know how it went. 

We found a group that's willing to fight us, first we fought a legendary large cannon ship, that only had 5 cannons I think, was a tough fight, they maneuvered out of our barrage multiple times, and those cannons were hitting us but we won that fight, then we fought a brig that was all primitive with 18-20 larges, the waves kept making us miss, and they landed some good barrages on our cannons, once we were down to two cannons left we rammed them and tried to flame swivel, but they still had cannons and sunk us. 

Was awesome to say the least. 

So I never took a screenshot to post, sorry. 

It was a brig with all 18 larges on one side, and just flame swivel everywhere else. 

We lost to a brig that had 8 larges on each side and 4 on the back I think. 

Were going to design new brigs, I'm going to attempt a one shot brig that's only ship cannons, instead of larges next.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

Or I understand this concept completely, Weve had 6 mega tribes chasing us in ark at the same time. 

After the wipe we will have no mercy, but when your looking for ship battles, and you sail up to someone's base and sink all their ships while their anchored, then say over global, want to ship battle? Your not very likely to get one. 

So I posted this post, because finding players online atm is difficult.

We started just sailing around announcing ourselves in global, and we found what we were after.

If you think I'm a bad pvper though, I'll see ya after the wipe 😉

3 hours ago, Mike L said:

We found a group that's willing to fight us, first we fought a legendary large cannon ship, that only had 5 cannons I think, was a tough fight, they maneuvered out of our barrage multiple times, and those cannons were hitting us but we won that fight, then we fought a brig that was all primitive with 18-20 larges, the waves kept making us miss, and they landed some good barrages on our cannons, once we were down to two cannons left we rammed them and tried to flame swivel, but they still had cannons and sunk us. 

Was awesome to say the least. 

So I never took a screenshot to post, sorry. 

It was a brig with all 18 larges on one side, and just flame swivel everywhere else. 

We lost to a brig that had 8 larges on each side and 4 on the back I think. 

Were going to design new brigs, I'm going to attempt a one shot brig that's only ship cannons, instead of larges next.

Awesome! Thanks for the update!

A company mate of mine likes the strong side builds like that. I can not make them work as well so I prefer cannons all around. Mine had 6 larges on each side 2 larges in the back, 6 mediums on each side and 3 mediums in the front, and the prow ram which is functional. I love building and fighting the ships lol...

Glad you guys had a good time.

Single sided shotgun ships only work very well against shitty captains, multi-ship fights or if you are a lot faster.  I've gone against a lot of different designs and never lost a ship 1v1.  One brig I did lose was due to the server going down.  Logged back in in the middle of the ocean.  

I prefer my balanced ship.  It neutralizes shotguns with good range from the larges, decent speed and using the wind.  Whenever they fire its at max range and I can easily maneuver the ship so they miss.   They usually take some hits while trying to get that shot off however.  

just a curious question? but why do u guys pend time building that armor on ur ships ? it looks stupid and doesnt work at all? i have never seen 1 ship with the armor who survived cus of it lol

17 hours ago, Mike L said:

Prow ram? Is that the boat flipping ram design?

Naw, it just stops me from taking plank damage without it, works on the larger ships, the smaller ships are small and thus lower so not as effective on them. 

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Single sided shotgun ships only work very well against shitty captains, multi-ship fights or if you are a lot faster.  I've gone against a lot of different designs and never lost a ship 1v1.  One brig I did lose was due to the server going down.  Logged back in in the middle of the ocean.  

I prefer my balanced ship.  It neutralizes shotguns with good range from the larges, decent speed and using the wind.  Whenever they fire its at max range and I can easily maneuver the ship so they miss.   They usually take some hits while trying to get that shot off however.  

The side heavy builds are not for me. My company mate uses it to good effectiveness on a schooner, but I prefer like you a "balanced" build. I dislike being defenseless and that's how I feel if I can only shoot in one direction.

How is your ship setup if you don't mind my asking?

3 minutes ago, Ducimus said:

just a curious question? but why do u guys pend time building that armor on ur ships ? it looks stupid and doesnt work at all? i have never seen 1 ship with the armor who survived cus of it lol

Because it DOES work. I do not care if you think it looks stupid. It is very functional. If you think it is not then do not do it. I am going to keep doing it because I know it works. 

9 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Because it DOES work. I do not care if you think it looks stupid. It is very functional. If you think it is not then do not do it. I am going to keep doing it because I know it works. 

yeah thats why we all are building it cus it works so good LOL... it does nothing more than blocking a singel shot and that from a normal canon… any decent cannons will tear it apart in seconds….. this is an old video from january of our brig with stock medium cannons…. now we have legendary or mythic which removes brig decks in a single barrage what u think will happen with ur pretty armour?

go to 1 min and 8 seconds….. if it truly was working dont u think every ship would look like that like the large canon meta ship build is everywhere ? 😄

2 minutes ago, Ducimus said:

yeah thats why we all are building it cus it works so good LOL... it does nothing more than blocking a singel shot and that from a normal canon… any decent cannons will tear it apart in seconds….. this is an old video from january of our brig with stock medium cannons…. now we have legendary or mythic which removes brig decks in a single barrage what u think will happen with ur pretty armour?

go to 1 min and 8 seconds….. if it truly was working dont u think every ship would look like that like the large canon meta ship build is everywhere ? 😄

That is not a real armored brig. I just see it rimmed. It has nothing on top.  Each top piece is another 5k in health and you do realize they have mythic building pieces too right? My armor also comes down further than that. All I see there is a bad armoring job. 

4 minutes ago, SIEGEGUN said:

That is not a real armored brig. I just see it rimmed. It has nothing on top.  Each top piece is another 5k in health and you do realize they have mythic building pieces too right? My armor also comes down further than that. All I see there is a bad armoring job. 

then plz post a picture of a proper armored ship im just honestly curios how u build it to make it work… yeah i do realise that and mythic cannons can do 8,8k dmg in a shot doesnt change the fact they are gone in 1 shot? 

Edited by Ducimus
mis spelling

1 minute ago, Ducimus said:

then plz post a picture of a proper armored ship im just honestly curios how u build it to make it work… yeah i do realise that and mythic cannons can do 8,8k dmg in a shot doesnt change the fact they are gone in 1 shot? 

I do not have a pic of mine, I wish I did. But that seriously was not a well armored ship. A mythic cannon doing 8.8k a shot is not going to one shot a mythic piece of armor. A ceiling piece has 5k as a common.  What does a mythic ceiling have? A common large cannon will not take out a common ceiling in one shot. Not even close. I have a ton of ceilings on my ship. If you take out a ceiling unless you take a bunch out I still have a lot of armor above my ship. Then you have to go through my decks too. And when I return fire, you don't have anything but planks and decks. I have more health. My ship is not slow either by the way, The extra armor weighs, but there re ways of mitigating that as well. My build is very maneuverable as well. 

Like I said earlier, if you think it does not work then do not do it. I know it does. I have experimented with them, in PvE and PvP, without a doubt my ship lasts longer with armor. 

On 3/23/2019 at 8:28 AM, Bullet Force said:

There are rumors some of the players play Atlas for .... wait for it .... wait for it .... FUN ! 

I wonder what is "top PvP player" in your eyes in Atlas? Who offlines more ships/bases or what? 😄 I love those pathetic offliners who play 24/7, escaping fight while you are online and strike only when you and your company goes offline. Those are "Top PvP players", right? 😄 Lol

9 hours ago, SIEGEGUN said:

I do not have a pic of mine, I wish I did. But that seriously was not a well armored ship. A mythic cannon doing 8.8k a shot is not going to one shot a mythic piece of armor. A ceiling piece has 5k as a common.  What does a mythic ceiling have? A common large cannon will not take out a common ceiling in one shot. Not even close. I have a ton of ceilings on my ship. If you take out a ceiling unless you take a bunch out I still have a lot of armor above my ship. Then you have to go through my decks too. And when I return fire, you don't have anything but planks and decks. I have more health. My ship is not slow either by the way, The extra armor weighs, but there re ways of mitigating that as well. My build is very maneuverable as well. 

Like I said earlier, if you think it does not work then do not do it. I know it does. I have experimented with them, in PvE and PvP, without a doubt my ship lasts longer with armor. 

I can only congratulate you for having people willing to actually repair all non ship building piece post battle by hand. That is why you will have more health than me.

This is something I just can not force myself to do, nor does anyone I know have the will to do it. I will take my chances and not build armored. And the up side is more speed by less weight.

Edited by gnihar

14 hours ago, Ducimus said:

I've survived several mortar shots that would have otherwise ripped out my steering wheel and masts due to armor in particular top armor. Armor makes a significant difference in PVP if placed correctly.

Edited by Bullet Force
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gnihar said:

I can only congratulate you for having people willing to actually repair all non ship building piece post battle by hand. That is why you will have more health than me.

This is something I just can not force myself to do, nor does anyone I know have the will to do it. I will take my chances and not build armored. And the up side is more speed by less weight.

I don't have "people" to do this for me lol. I wish. I do it myself of course, it is my ship. Is it tedious, sure. Is it worth it? In my opinion it sure is. 

Every one in my company does it. Not for the cargo ships of course. Any ship that is for fighting though is armored in my company. I understand why you might not like it and thus not do it. Some people do not like the way it looks and so do not do it. I think properly done they look cool. You will not be much faster. As I said above, there are ways of mitigating certain things with certain builds. As sad as our variety is, most people just seem to carbon copy what others are doing. Thus making the small variety of ships and builds we have even smaller. 

Definitely play the way you want. That's the point of the game, to have fun. I am not trying to convince anyone to build this way or that, I was just saying armoring works. Also that all other things being equal an armored ship has a definite advantage. Which brings up another point, if the captain and crew of a ship are not good or decent it doesn't matter how much armor you have or don't.  

2 hours ago, SIEGEGUN said:

I don't have "people" to do this for me lol. I wish. I do it myself of course, it is my ship. Is it tedious, sure. Is it worth it? In my opinion it sure is. 

Every one in my company does it. Not for the cargo ships of course. Any ship that is for fighting though is armored in my company. I understand why you might not like it and thus not do it. Some people do not like the way it looks and so do not do it. I think properly done they look cool. You will not be much faster. As I said above, there are ways of mitigating certain things with certain builds. As sad as our variety is, most people just seem to carbon copy what others are doing. Thus making the small variety of ships and builds we have even smaller. 

Definitely play the way you want. That's the point of the game, to have fun. I am not trying to convince anyone to build this way or that, I was just saying armoring works. Also that all other things being equal an armored ship has a definite advantage. Which brings up another point, if the captain and crew of a ship are not good or decent it doesn't matter how much armor you have or don't.  

Armored ships do work indeed, it is just too tedious for me to do manual repairs of 1000 ceilings and roofs. Hats down to a mindset that doesn't think so and has will to do it.

A lot happier solution would be for devs to allow auto-repair of all non-ship parts connected with ship. Because all things tedious==not fun.

And, yes, it is totally irrelevant to me how something looks, the important bit is functionality always. Though, this game looks more like steampunk than some classical pirate game, due to emphasized ability for players to customize ships and armory.

• Like 1