war machine

offline protection

I dont get the whole offline protection on pvp

why.....  the whole idea is to set up your base so its unprofitable to raid it,

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, war machine said:

Well see you have to look at those on the forum that pushed hard for this. Some were kind enough to link videos which outed them as obvious PVE players, while others are still in self denial but the key component linking the folks that have been demanding this is that they are basically PVE players that attempted to play with the big boys on the PVP server. They then got instantly annihilated and so what do you when you can't win by authentic means? You try and get things changed so you can lose less.

The end result is this new PVP Lite mode which they are all celebrating and ironically mistakenly think will stop PVP tribes stomping them into the ground. Naivetiy as its best.

Edited by Bullet Force

55 minutes ago, war machine said:

"Naivety at its best." 

Fitting quote for this guy. Some people just aren't cut out to use thier heads. For the rest of us, numbers and data are wonderful tools.

Fortunately you guys will be playing Empire settings I am sure, and thus need not concern yourself with ORP.

• Thanks 1

I played pvp on ark,  No one ever broke through my defenses,

Sure u have to take your time and plan your buildings,  not rush through and get epic loot stored up before u can defend it but its the whole reason pvp is pvp  this whole  I am not online crap so u cant raid me is confusing me,  

I remember getting texts and phone calls in the middle of the night  telling me to get my ass online because 200 people where making a run for my base...  

lol i was up all night and all day 🙂  but i survived 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, war machine said:

Sure u have to take your time and plan your buildings,  not rush through and get epic loot stored up before u can defend it but its the whole reason pvp is pvp  this whole  I am not online crap so u cant raid me is confusing me,  

I remember getting texts and phone calls in the middle of the night  telling me to get my ass online because 200 people where making a run for my base...  

Except this is not ark. There is no real defense in this game. No set up in this game cannot be offlined by just a single determined person. You can make things more difficult for them yes, but nothing is going to stop someone with time on their hands and no opposition.

just curios, but I thought the point of PvP was for Player to fight other Players. Not Players fight Other player's stuff while they are unable to defend said stuff. I guess I'm missing the point. sorry.

Edited by Skyroguen

1 hour ago, Skyroguen said:

just curios, but I thought the point of PvP was for Player to fight other Players. Not Players fight Other player's stuff while they are unable to defend said stuff. I guess I'm missing the point. sorry.

The point of PVP in games like Atlas, ARK, Rust and Conan is to eliminate hostile tribes and ensure your own rises to dominance. That's the basic game plan and then from there you have to branch out and plan how you will accomplish this. Online, offline it doesn't matter so long as your winning and your enemy is losing. I don't know of any single true PVP player that would not raid an easy base just because the owner went offline when you showed up.

Other players will give you no quarter and neither should you expect any. You are playing in a mode that is essentially total war. All efforts should thus be focused towards the war effort. Hunt down your enemies, butcher them, slaughter their cattle and reduce their bases to dust. That is the template successful players always follow.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

The point of PVP in games like Atlas, ARK, Rust and Conan is to eliminate hostile tribes and ensure your own rises to dominance. That's the basic game plan and then from there you have to branch out and plan how you will accomplish this. Online, offline it doesn't matter so long as your winning and your enemy is losing. I don't know of any single true PVP player that would not raid an easy base just because the owner went offline when you showed up.

Other players will give you no quarter and neither should you expect any. You are playing in a mode that is essentially total war. All efforts should thus be focused towards the war effort. Hunt down your enemies, butcher them, slaughter their cattle and reduce their bases to dust. That is the template successful players always follow.

Thank you for that clarification. I don't think I agree with that way of philosophy but it does make sense. I understand your perspective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

So you are looking at PvP from a wider point of view. Big picture so to speak. That is absolutely reasonable and a legit way of playing a game.
It's not my personal preference to play a game either BUT I see where you are standing.

But is the possibility of 24/7 raids so essential for your experience?

OfF LINE RAID PROTECTION one guy buys a second account builds the base pincodes everything , logs off , logs onto his second account nice safe secure base , pin codes on boxes can store anything he wants safely 

Edited by UDO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UDO said:

OfF LINE RAID PROTECTION one guy buys a second account builds the base pincodes everything , logs off , logs onto his second account nice safe secure base , pin codes on boxes can store anything he wants safely 

Exactly what i did on Ark offline protection server. Big fun😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UDO said:

That's why the devs could make it if a pin code is used on a door to a offline base the base goes vulnerable for say 1 hour unless the door keeps being used which will then reset every time that would be 1 fix and stop that. Next.. 

11 hours ago, SIEGEGUN said:

Except this is not ark. There is no real defense in this game. No set up in this game cannot be offlined by just a single determined person. You can make things more difficult for them yes, but nothing is going to stop someone with time on their hands and no opposition.

That is not true, dont expect to hold people back if you design it shitty. Shitty because i have seen some pretty horrible pvp builds. but you offlined me

7 hours ago, UDO said:

What do you do when they make pincodes not work in stasis? Youd have to log on the shell account to access your stuff, easy fix. 

15 hours ago, war machine said:

Your base was never "titan stomped" huh? And 200 PEOPLE wow, so not on officials then, would've had to have been a powerful, probably well known unofficial, Nerd parade? 

Edited by Mike L

4 hours ago, Sneakydude said:

That is not true, dont expect to hold people back if you design it shitty. Shitty because i have seen some pretty horrible pvp builds. but you offlined me

It is true.

10 hours ago, labatts said:

That's why the devs could make it if a pin code is used on a door to a offline base the base goes vulnerable for say 1 hour unless the door keeps being used which will then reset every time that would be 1 fix and stop that. Next.. 

except they wont and we all know it ...and its still safe place to store items forever with little to no risk ...even as u say if it goes vunerable for 1 hour good luck waiting forever to find the one time the guy logs into his super safe storage ...

Edited by UDO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UDO said:

except they wont and we all know it ...and its still safe place to store items forever with little to no risk ...even as u say if it goes vunerable for 1 hour good luck waiting forever to find the one time the guy logs into his super safe storage ...

I was using that as just an example they could adjust the timer on it. And yes I agree that would be way to much to ask for and make sense for this dev team to handle. 

On 3/22/2019 at 2:12 PM, war machine said:

They set up an entire server for you, no need to worry about the ORP system you won't have to play there.

On 3/22/2019 at 3:12 PM, war machine said:

It´s easy. Offline raiding isn´t PvP. That´s why offline protection is on PvP servers 😉 This game isn´t ARK, it´s not about having raidproof base on top of the mountain without any access. It´s about ships. Those ships can´t be placed on the top of the mountain, can they? People don´t want to lose ships while offline because their time investments doesn´t mean anything which is bad in an MMO. 

People lose ships/bases while online? Most don´t care, they were able to defend themselves = fun. People lose those while offline? No PvP = no fun = no reason to play a game. 

Edit: You can make an unraidable base on the top of the mountain (or as you say totally unprofitable), you can´t do that with your harbor and ships, that´s it.

Basically devs will shape this game around majority of players, that´s a fact. If you are part of that "offline raiding" minority, it´s up to you but don´t expect this game to be developed around you. 90% of players want to play Colonies, only 10% want current system. Its pretty selfexplanatory. For every MMO the population is what count. Because of this no MMO is based on people who can play 24/7 but on those who work/study etc.

Edited by Willard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

there is still not to forget that this game does not try to be only a survival game but more so an mmo with lots of players - i mean why make another survival only game...there just so many of them. for me as a longterm mmo player the mix that atlas tries to achieve is what makes it so interesting in the first place....mmo's have been the same for years, survival games as well...so mix it and all are *yay* still you can't have an FFA setting when there is more than a handfull of players. so having no permanent offline raiding is surely a key to success as like 90% just do not like it no matter what kind of player you are - besides the handfull that loves this 😛 

furthermore being against offline raiding has nothing to do with being a PvE player either. just look at any pvp mmo there is or was...i mean i played the heck out of eve, darkfall, earthrise and a few others of that sort and every one of them where there is conflict about assets had some sort of preperation phase for the defender (if it hadn't it lost a lot of ppl and came up with something to prevent offline attacks) or the attacker would most likely always win. i for one would also say that ideally PvP and PvE players would belong on the same server just like in EvE as only than you got all that a game needs together...good warfare needs a PvE backbone to support it. so i think it's the worst approach to do black & white stuff in regards to pvp/pve players when it comes to warfare in an MMO like atlas wants to become. sad this won't happen but at least not spread the playerbase even further.

i mean sure there are many ways against offline raiding and one thing is to build heck of a defense (my wife and i had like 100+ npc's for our little house with like 8 walls in every direction ^^) but yet raiding offline always take waaaaaaayyyyy less time than building a base. if it would take that long to raid in comparison as to build it well...i think i know why they prefer the raid window ^^

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This seems to be an ark player thing where they regard offline raiding as pvp whereas attacking a structure that does not fight back I.e a wall , is actually worse than pve.  Now they have their own server with rules they want you can be guaranteed it will be devoid of life as all the easy targets are elsewhere and they would not want actual pvp, cmon man that’s too hard

• Like 1

On 3/23/2019 at 5:14 PM, Mike L said:

What do you do when they make pincodes not work in stasis? Youd have to log on the shell account to access your stuff, easy fix. 

Your base was never "titan stomped" huh? And 200 PEOPLE wow, so not on officials then, would've had to have been a powerful, probably well known unofficial, Nerd parade? 

u must not play much ark,  most "tribes"  break into like 10 other tribes to hold there zerg

image.png

I am ok with a window

i never liked the offline thing much,  if people found out u where in bound with an army they would log off...  and that is cheese ball way of play  when ark got one,  i think the cd was 15 mins

On 3/24/2019 at 6:45 AM, labatts said:

When they tried the whole ORP thing in ARK initially they let folks set pin codes even though I and others more or less stated on the forum what would happen come release. Then they released it and sure enough everyone was complaining about people using safe storage. They eventually fixed it by not allowing pin codes at all which is probably the only real solution but in any case the mode still failed because the whole idea is a dud.

I never played it myself but from what I read of others complaints on the forum, due to the offline thing players would strategically log out at the first sign of a fob appearing and as there was a lot of un-raidable bases spammed everywhere on the map lag was pretty bad as was finding a suitable place to build not to mention the resource blocking.

Edited by Bullet Force

Offline protection = more player like to play that game. Deal with it. U don´t understand ur own community lol. Offline raiding is poison for healthy playerbase.