Athayus

Now to disable the chat box and Push-To-Talk?

We got this chat window that shows up we can't remove it off the screen it also covers up settings so see can't see those eather. what is key or setting to disable in world chat and or with the latest patch Push-To-Talk is now permanently on how or what in settings to we turn that off too? 

Both are in the options.   Chatbox is a tickbox, just deselect it.  Push to talk has an alt behaviour.  Just select a key and it should be disabled.  I'd like to be able to ignore specific players ingame, so I don't need to minimise voice volume.  But there's no setting for that, that I'm aware of.

1 hour ago, Martyn said:

Both are in the options.   Chatbox is a tickbox, just deselect it.  Push to talk has an alt behaviour.  Just select a key and it should be disabled.  I'd like to be able to ignore specific players ingame, so I don't need to minimise voice volume.  But there's no setting for that, that I'm aware of.

The tickbox is auto-hide after 8 seconds. It still pops up when you accidentally hit the Enter key, or whenever any key is pressed in the Inventory, such as your Push-To-Talk if you use DIscord.

4 hours ago, Athayus said:

We got this chat window that shows up we can't remove it off the screen it also covers up settings so see can't see those eather. what is key or setting to disable in world chat and or with the latest patch Push-To-Talk is now permanently on how or what in settings to we turn that off too? 

I made an experimental mod that gets rid of the chat box: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1687747726

Under advanced settings there's a toggle push to talk button.  And auto chatbox.  I guess hitting enter key probably does activate it, but at least it doesn't spam you everytime someone else talks in global etc.   I usually use decimal . on keypad for voice.

Turn off the Auto Chatbox in the settings and enable auto-hide by hitting " \ ".  That combo for me turns chat off and never pops up unless I hit enter to say something.

• Like 1