kolpo

Limit claims

Just this early is already a lot of the world claimed, In several grids is their already quite no land to claim unless you want to contest it. I think you need to drastically reduce the amount of land a single player can claim. If a single grid is intended for 100+ players then should it be impossible to claim more then 1% of the landmass  by a single player.

Or if this is not what you want to implement, then give me the option to run this in single player. I want to build a base and I want to have a shipyard(don't want to say on a raft forever). But this requires land, 1 claim area is all i need but extremely frustrating to get in the current game.

• Like 8

been going around the map for straight 9 hours now, and havent found single spots I could pick. Companies just go and claim everything around the islands, making it impossible to land a claim.

• Like 2

Sailed for the same amount of time with my crew ... No island claimable, too much unused space everywhere.

There is companies that controls entire islands without letting anyone get the chance to settle in.

NO MAN'S ATLAS.

• Like 2

Yep, travelling to every Island just to find out that the entire island is claimed by one company. Please devs limit the claims. Game is fun at start but frustrating because no place is available to claim land, so no base building and can't build ship.

• Like 3

i agree 1 claim is if im honest very generous for the amount of land it gives you so these people and groups claiming up everything are just being assholes.  It should be 1 claim a person and upto 5 per company of 50 would be more than fair imho.

• Like 1

The problem is the map is not actually that big. Many zones are starting zones and can not be built on, no one wants to live in the artic and high desert, so there isnt that much left... A server holds 150 people and we have 3 islands. Our company claimed the smaller island but have removed flags for companies to come and settle, now our small island has 8 companies on it and the island is a barren wasteland... not a single tree in sight any where and its been like that for 8+ hours... no one can progress at all. People are screaming to remove flags to allow more to settle.. but what good will that do with an already barren wasteland...

We are using the flags simply to try and preserve some resources... right now I am off sailing in the hope of finding resources.. but all islands in our region are barren, so far every island is like this..

There are a ton of issues right now and this is just a part of it.

Edited by Sinate
  • Like 1

The problem is there is no limit for claims and claims doesn't cost any resources so basically one dumb persistent dude can simply claim the f out of the map just for the fun of it.

• Like 2

We contested our land from someone who blindly claimed 2 islands. Was a little annoying to wait 1.5h and the land is terrible but you take what you can get at this point. 

• Like 1

Been online for 12 hours today, no joke, riding around in my boat and have found zero spots for me to claim so that I can build on.  To be honest this is ruining the fun/experience. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, TiiaAurora said:

We contested our land from someone who blindly claimed 2 islands. Was a little annoying to wait 1.5h and the land is terrible but you take what you can get at this point. 

How many of you? Can we join you?

Just now, Retarded Bird said:

Been online for 12 hours today, no joke, riding around in my boat and have found zero spots for me to claim so that I can build on.  To be honest this is ruining the fun/experience. 

There are three of us and we sumbled upon same problem. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, d4n1ch said:

How many of you? Can we join you?

There are three of us and we sumbled upon same problem. 

They need to do something about this, like, NOW.  This is fuckin ridiculous.  Spent hours gathering mats to build my Sloop only to spend over a full day exploring grids to find ZERO land. 

Edited by Retarded Bird
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Sinate said:

The problem is the map is not actually that big. Many zones are starting zones and can not be built on, no one wants to live in the artic and high desert, so there isnt that much left... A server holds 150 people and we have 3 islands. Our company claimed the smaller island but have removed flags for companies to come and settle, now our small island has 8 companies on it and the island is a barren wasteland... not a single tree in sight any where and its been like that for 8+ hours... no one can progress at all. People are screaming to remove flags to allow more to settle.. but what good will that do with an already barren wasteland...

We are using the flags simply to try and preserve some resources... right now I am off sailing in the hope of finding resources.. but all islands in our region are barren, so far every island is like this..

I'm a person who can't find a spot. I understand now why you are claiming all spots around you to preserve resources and respawn time. I get it but it sucks. I'm tired of being on this raft sailing around just to see claim flags. I believe I'm done with this game for a few months. fuck it

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sinate said:

That's the same observation a buddy of mine made, the map not being that large since a lot of the areas are starter areas.  The question I have is, right now we have I think what, 2500-5000 ppl on the server? I tallied it up the other day and it was somewhere in that realm.  If they expect 40k ppl to be on each server, where are the thousands upon thousand others going to start?  That means they will either have to A - expand the map or B make more starter areas or make started areas actual legit land where people can build. 

That said, what the fuck do we do about the issue right now?  I cant find any place to place a flag so I can build and Ive been sailing for going on 13ish hours

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Retarded Bird said:

They need to do something about this, like, NOW.  This is fuckin ridiculous.  Spent hours gathering mats to build my Sloop only to spend over a full day exploring grids to find ZERO land. 

try 3 days homie

• Like 1

Dunno why I thought they would have anticipated something like this after the whole problem with pillar spamming.  Who ever thought it was a good idea to not limit claim flags?

• Like 2

Yeah, this needs to be fixed. Wipe all claims and limit it.  Having the entire map filled on day 3 is game breaking. Letting 5 companies control 100% of the playable land on a server is just dumb. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, selfdestruct said:

Dunno why I thought they would have anticipated something like this after the whole problem with pillar spamming.  Who ever thought it was a good idea to not limit claim flags?

Yeah this is mind boggling with the shit that took place in Ark with pillars and somehow they didn't learn from it and made it a lot worse here.  Crazy

Edited by Retarded Bird

Having 2700 hours in ark use to the grind. After todays patch and NOT fixing guys claiming entire islands it says a lot. Yes it’s Ea but there is no progress to be made. Twenty hours on a raft on official Pve and all you see is flags. Some on mountain tops how the hell did they get there? 

The community in chat near islands is unbelievable. If you ask for a small place it’s go F off. This game was sold as a progressive game. Already you see many with the best armor, ships and all the resources. Why they have not stuck to the sales hype and adreesed the amount of claimed land only says thanks for investing in others fun. 

They new from Ark and ignore the problem. No one can afford a private server with full map. Having 15 other servers I don’t mind staring a small one for people to enjoy. But my provider claims they still don’t still have access to the files to start a small cluster. 

This really could have been fun for all but you read here all that are stuck on rafts. Others claim they need all the flags for resources due to the horrible spawn rates. The map is to small to ever support 40k much less 3k.  They really need to address the spawn rates of resources and amount of claims now. They deserve all the bad reviews on steam.... very sad

• Like 1

No problem with flags when one company that’s owns an entire island profits off everyone with max tax rate. 

5D5F4C22-85D9-45F6-A506-014A3C300D57.jpeg

It is okay to claim land just not for free and not that frequent. There should be some system that limits claims per company size for example and they can extentd territory like every 3 days and if they can defend all the claimed land it is great. Wan't to expand do that, but don't spam claims in 10 minutes for free. It's just too many uninhabitable islands cause of resources or weather conditions.

We don't have that much land maybe should they BOTH add land and limit claims to 1/player

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kolpo said:

We don't have that much land maybe should they BOTH add land and limit claims to 1/player

1 per player period and if need be then 1 a tile. And also 1 a company maybe a little bigger if need be but its getting ridiculous.

It's not ideal but I've found that there are usually small spots of land on coasts that can be claimed with a flag in the ocean so the circle just clips it. That's the only land my clan could find. Enough for some chests, a bed and a shipyard ¯\_(ツ)_/¯