spookbrecht

dumb ships and general complaints

Hello readers and hopefully the Atlas devs,

Me and my friends spent a whole day getting a schooner. We put alot of work in this boat and at the end of the day we were happy that we had a nice ship. We had to log out because i had been playing for almost 18hours non-stop. 

To our suprise when we logged out we had been offline raided. We had been killed, our stuff taken and unable to spawn on the boat. I spent a whole day trying to get back from a dumb hell-ish starter island to get to the ship. We finally arrive to discover that the boat was on the bottom of the ocean floor. We swam down to this ship and saw that it was fine, no holes except the hatch to get to the storage area.

WHY IS THIS EVEN A THING. I know it's a pvp server but this is absolutely dumb. The resource amounts of the ship are either way too high or you need to make them safe while offline because that is absolutely stupid. It would be fine if the boat was just sitting there or something but looted but even sunk. I am seriously considering never touching this game again.

If you want to use the argument that we should have gone to a safe or claimeable place. The starter zones were at that time bugging so hard and you can NOT find a clear place to claim. Most of the islands are claimed by large groups or are full of claims.

Because I don't want to bash the game (because sometimes I do really enjoy the game) I want to give them some suggestions on fixing this problem:

-Less crowded servers/ More servers

-More space to claim

-Lesser boat resource cost/less work

-Make offline players not 100% vulnerable and there boats not easily destroyed

I hope this makes it ways to the devs because this is unacceptable.

sincerely,

spookbrecht

• Like 2

How does the ship damage mechanic work exactly? My friends and I had the same thing happen....the ship is somehow just taking huge damage while we are offline (almost empty weight). I logged in this afternoon and the ship was 90% damaged. we fixed it, and logged in several hours later to the ship being sunk. Doesn't make a for gameplay I'd lioke to repeat.

I'm curious if one of you loged out on the boat/dock. Friend of mine did that on our private server and it attracted all sorts of agro (sharks/mantas). I draged him off and they stoped attacking the dock (shipyard)

Edited by Dags
Need to proof read :-p

Yeah Boats are broken at the moment so as this game is based off the whole Boat Idea is broken as well. I logged off at NE Tropical area at 12:00 this afternoon and when I came back at 8:30 this even the boat was gone..... Im thinking its time for a refund as this game is doing nothing for me and the whole Boat thing just is not working

Did you have more than the maximum number of crew onboard?  If you do the ship takes rapid damage.  For example, an unupgraded raft has a capacity of 3, so if 4 guys are standing on it it takes rapid damage.  Can confirm sleepers count for this, too.  So if your whole clan logged out onboard that could be it, if you have more people than the ship's capacity.

What's the capacity for a schooner, btw?  I know rafts and sloops are 3.

1 point i'd like to make referring to:

-Less crowded servers/More servers

The map is 15 x15, , thats 15 servers wide, by 15 serves high, that is a total of 225 servers.

Each server has a cap  of 150 players per server,  that is 33750 players that can be on the Cluster of servers at the same time.

That is an incredibly large amount of servers, and space for players to play.

The problem isnt more servers/less crowded servers, its moving away from the densely populated ones, and then staking a claim a long way away from others.

As a side note, perhaps try and park your boat very very close to shore when you log off, so if it sinks, majority of it is still above water, and you can then repair it easily and get back to searching for booty.

Edited by DarkOne

Haven't had the misfortune to have a ship sink yet, but apparently once they're sunk, they're sunk from what I'm hearing.  No option to re-float them.

37 minutes ago, DarkOne said:

1 point i'd like to make referring to:

-Less crowded servers/More servers

The map is 15 x15, , thats 15 servers wide, by 15 serves high, that is a total of 225 servers.

Each server has a cap  of 150 players per server,  that is 33750 players that can be on the Cluster of servers at the same time.

This is not taking into account the number of unbuildable tiles on the map.  You have atleast 15 freeports and then 4 lawless zone for each one and also the ancient building tiles that do not allow claiming as well. So that is A minium of 100 servers or tiles on the map that you cant build in at all, so now your asking those same players the 33K you mentioned to compete for 125 servers, or roughly 55% of the map as claimable territory with very limited land mass, not to mention very limited shore land that allows you to build and launch a boat so that you can actually be a pirate as the game claims and not just a lost BOB on a raft. Thats the issue my friend.

Edited by Big Bojangles

I forgot to mention the tundra areas that dont even have fiber or basic resources to do anything there.  So Take atleast another 60 tiles off that number making it 65 inhabitable servers, or 33K players tryring to all fight for less than 30% of the map, that is a much more realistic number.