Sign in to follow this  
user123

disappointing map - why have you just copy & pasted islands and rotated some?

Yes, it does feel kinda rushed. Couldn't they have at least changed the islands somehow to make them unique? Probably will not notice it but still a bit sad.

Just now, Elektric said:

So you'd rather play a well developed game with unique content or a copy and pasted job...

Can't wait to get your hands on a good game, you must have little else to do...

Quite the opposite. I'd rather play a pirate game that gives me some fun for a good price. Blackwake for instance. Small maps, but fun.

Actually I think this will make navigation with landmarks worse, as you will think you have sailed back to the same island you just left.  This actually happened in one of the streams I watched earlier today.

Just now, legolas said:

I'm surprised that there aren't at least a few much larger "main" islands. The map feels like there is no real main area to explore, etc.

Couldn't agree more, if we had some larger land masses like a continent. Would be nice although they did say that they want to focus the game on the sailing aspect.

1 minute ago, Elektric said:

Couldn't agree more, if we had some larger land masses like a continent. Would be nice although they did say that they want to focus the game on the sailing aspect.

+1 on this. At least one main continent without claiming that's high risk high reward to explore would be very cool imo.

I'm with the optimists, thinking these are just placeholders and they will expand the diversity in the future. I'm okay with its current setup at this stage.. day one of early access..

Just now, Pepega said:

+1 on this. At least one main continent without claiming that's high risk high reward to explore would be very cool imo.

Like a large PvP zone or PvE zone in which the players focus on.

1 minute ago, Elektric said:

Like a large PvP zone or PvE zone in which the players focus on.

Yes, exactly, something along those lines. That would bring some spice to the gameplay rather than to have these many small islands. Sailing should be a big part of a pirate game but they should at least give some incentives to stay on an island for a long period of time except for claiming/base purposes. From the streams I saw today it felt like people rushed off of an island as soon as they found a treasure map only to find that said treasure somewhere else. Feels a bit odd in my opinion!

maybe there come  something like "Tortuga Bay" where the Sailors can drink and make music together. I think some looong nights are waiting

• Like 1

I think with how servers are connected together we might just get new lands and devs will expand the maps when is necessary. 

We can only tell them what we need.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pepega said:

So lets make a thread requesting this and get ppl to thubs up it.  They already said they are actively SEEKING input and suggestions, its literally the very first playable iteration of the game they have made.  EVERYTHING from map to skills to loot to ships is still up for debate.

30 minutes ago, Realist said:

The islands won’t change, it they do people’s bases will get destroyed 😂

Doesn’t really matter if you play it or not. You can see the map 😂

Have you ever played a launch by wildcard we will get wiped plenty of times

• Like 2

It is literally the same island but rotated. Not good for the launch of the game, shame even with all the delays they couldn't do any better.

rMrmS6C.png

unknown.png

If you play games by WC chances are your a Masochist.   I mean the devs have their way with us, other players do the same in pvp lol.  We take it and keep playing.  Their games can't be 1/2 bad if were all still here though.

• Like 1

yeah it´s the same island but who cares ? lets get us all start to play and see what they will change and improve. 

i think it can be a great game. And we shouldn´t forget that this is an early access game wich grows with his players

( sorry if is something wrong, i´m german with not the best english ) 

Edited by Exzels1or
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pepega said:

I expect many wipes ahead of us. Remember that we're buying into a chance to help test and shape the game or future content.
That said, I'm behind this main continent without claims thing. That and a trading mechanic similar to ArcheAge...I'd love that.

Have you seen the copy paste work with the large rocks or mountains? They literally pasted the same mountain on itself like 5 times to make "one mountain" which causes 5 times the strain on gfx card. High/low...no difference in fps...hmmmm

I don't mind same islands but check N10, two same islands in one server is a joke. You can't even tell which treasure map belongs to which island :classic_huh:

The topology and resource distribution are not the same. Calling it Copy/Paste is an overstatement.

• Like 1

i have been to many island copies and only the shape of the land on the map is the same but everything else is completely different

• Like 1

Can you imagine the size of the client if you had 700 (or whatever the number is) totally unique islands.. 

🙂