Sign in to follow this  
user123

disappointing map - why have you just copy & pasted islands and rotated some?

Like some said maybe we all god screwed , Its Ark with mods to make it pirate feeling and then they used the procedurally generator in Ark to make these islands and boom we all fell for it . But hey ill try it cause i like pirates . 

The island shapes may be same the what on the island and how it looks will be different Ex trees, resources caves mountains ect

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, user123 said:

will we not just sail around and notice majority of the island are the same..?

If you didn't see the map from above, you wouldn't even realize it... they will be fine at ground level.

2 minutes ago, Lethality said:

If you didn't see the map from above, you wouldn't even realize it... they will be fine at ground level.

If you sail from the same side as you would dock on, I reckon you'd notice that it was the same island. Especially when they are the next island on.

Its because this is day 1 of early access and real 1.0 launch is at least 2 years away. Most of it is placeholder.

You also have to realize a lot of these islands are hours apart if not more, well at least according to info they’ve given us, The ones with shallow coasts are starter islands they all have the same layout.

Just now, Alec said:

Its because this is day 1 of early access and real 1.0 launch is at least 2 years away. Most of it is placeholder.

The islands won’t change, it they do people’s bases will get destroyed 😂

Just now, ThieF said:

play the game first, instead of beeing mad about this. wow......

Doesn’t really matter if you play it or not. You can see the map 😂

32 minutes ago, user123 said:

The thing is, the layout of island may be the same but the biome won't be

31 minutes ago, Elektric said:

If you sail from the same side as you would dock on, I reckon you'd notice that it was the same island. Especially when they are the next island on.

Remember these are not tiny islands. Some of them look that way because the map is so huge. Remember, each square on the map is 2 hours across... 

1 minute ago, Xision said:

The thing is, the layout of island may be the same but the biome won't be

I really hope so, would be a fat shame if they were noticeably the same.

The ones in dark blue could be just starting zones.. Its possible they are not all going to be the same this is just map no one will know  if all the islands look the same we have yet to set sail.

Why would I mind it? think of how we wouldn't get the game because they developed each island specifically.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, user123 said:

I think since its SUPER EARLY RELEASE, they are just trying to get placeholders up with the resources, and biomes.  I'm not psychic but I think over the next 2 years of development they can customize and personalize more once they get the game working and the mechanics fine tuned, the distance between islands already makes it so that you would have to try to hit the same islands over and over. The maps is just the developmental version atm, give it time.

Just now, KingLlama said:

Why would I mind it? think of how we wouldn't get the game because they developed each island specifically.

So you'd rather play a well developed game with unique content or a copy and pasted job...

Can't wait to get your hands on a good game, you must have little else to do...

I'm surprised that there aren't at least a few much larger "main" islands. The map feels like there is no real main area to explore, etc.

I dont mind it at all. means if someone has founded an island i can find another sorta like it and I'm not gonna miss out on an alpha position 🙂