Tillman

How about npcs do some repairs.

If I’m offline and have npcs. They should be able to replace planks if I have them on my  ship. Let the npcs help in offline protection. I don’t Molly them put them to work. 

don't know about replacing planks but they should def be able to repair everything on my boat when its anchored, which as it is they only repair planks nothing else. it should not be my job to go around hitting everysingle little board on my boat with a hammer when I am paying and feeding a guy to just sit there.

5 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

don't know about replacing planks but they should def be able to repair everything on my boat when its anchored, which as it is they only repair planks nothing else. it should not be my job to go around hitting everysingle little board on my boat with a hammer when I am paying and feeding a guy to just sit there.

maybe you get someone to sail and fight with your ship,so you can stay on your chair in your harbour

15 hours ago, lordkhan4444 said:

Unfortunately mods are the answer.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1657568199

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1680540642

In addition DEVs should introduce two things.

1) - Master design feature. It means, you create your ship, then you save it as a complete design, with all walls, railings, stairs, doors, windows, guns, etc. Also save colors applied to any single piece of ship.

2) - Repair dock, where you can park your ship and then it tells you how much resources and paint you need to restore all missing pieces and to repair anything else according to your master design of ship.

3) - And if you would able to put there some blueprints and, for example, replace missing common ceilings with fine one - it would be gr8.

Edited by George Catcher
  • Like 2

We were talking how great it wold be to save ship templates last night.  Design ship.  Save it.  Need to build another just load the template and it tells you how many resources it needs to build it.  Maybe put a time delay on building it.  Put mats in shipyard, tell it to build your template and maybe it takes 10, 20, 30 whatever minutes to build.  Small ships build quicker than large ones.  If we were doing this manually like we do now it would take time to place all the planks, cannons, wood walls, ceiling, etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Catcher said:

2) - Repair dock, where you can park your ship and then it tells you how much resources and paint you need to restore all missing pieces and to repair anything else according to your master design of ship.

Another great take on a full ship repair idea. At this point, my Galleon is driving me mad trying to find all the nooks and crannies. Also, never get hit by a whale. They REALLY hate bookshelves.

• Like 1