Mektashari

Will Megas be going to Colonies server? Very likely it seems

On 3/22/2019 at 8:59 AM, Bullet Force said:

You do realize a significant proportion of Atlas' player base comes from ARK. These folks don't have time for quaint little rules they want the freedom to plunder and slaughter just like did in ARK. These are players that are often incorrectly labelled as "griefers/trolls/toxic/offliners/zergs/no lifers/evil" labels we wear with a badge of pride. 

This new Empire server will be very successful since it will be attracting a large component of the player base who have the grit to keep going even after being wiped. These players won't be giving up after one battle, they have that drive to succeed that comes with being a competitive PVP player. 

I actually fear for the stability of the Colonies server because even with all those inbuilt anti PVP protections you are still going to get some of the more casual ARK players heading on there who still have quite a bloodlust and that 9 hours will be all they need to unleash their inner demons. You watch there will be a trail of tears as the new PVE players get nearly instantly wiped and immediately depart their server for home. 

It's one thing to move from PVE to PVP Lite its another thing though to adopt a PVP mentality and many a PVE player will struggle immensely. I have never personally ever seen a real successful transition from a PVE player to a PVP player. Most give up after a week, those that don't tend to be mediocre players at base even years later. I'm expecting a large drop in players on Colonies after the first week or so.

this whole thing is rediculous,

1. there is still a pve server, why do you think pve players would come to colonies?

2. anybody that gloats about how good they were in ARK probably sucks, i didn't play ark cause well...dinosaurs but everybody on this forum and in ATLAS was some kind of ARK hero, did anybody suck at ARK?  Seems like a skillless zergfest of a crap game that i put no merit to.  most people ive meant in ATLAS that were "great" at ARK didn't seem very good at ATLAS, maybe just my experience.

3. the pvp life, man, thats just hilarious that ARK is considered pvp life, maybe games like UO/shadowbane/darkfall that are full loot hardcore pvp just don't compare to the dino zerg of ARK.

4. colonies will thrive and empires will be a ghost town, nobody wants to be offline raided, it's that simple, the flags, the company sizes, its all moot because colonies lets you go to bed at night and not have to farm another galeon the next day cause some ARK hero raided the harbor when nobody was on, like an ARK hero does.

2 hours ago, gnihar said:

Ark offers much more fast paced pvp than Atlas does ATM; for example we have sniper rifles in Ark which allow for quicker combat, while in Atlas there is a virtual hourglass while gun is reloaded.  Ark combat to me feels much more fast paced as you can literally be a speed god foot soldier and actually level up your speed and furthermore drug yourself to be even more effective.

Ark pvp is much more diverse than Atlas pvp. I will just list some things that exist in Ark and not in atlas: flyers and a throng of specialized tames, whips, traps, gunships, rocket launchers, tek...

Different kind of weapon doesn't bring more diversity man. ARK pvp is either about guns or about tames. Pace also doesn't bring any diversity. About drugs, u know there are "drugs" in Atlas too right? 

Atlas has smt ARK will never have, ship battles. Which is should be what Atlas pvp about. Noone plays Atlas for gunfights, there are tons of other and better games with this aspect. It´s just an addition to naval combat here. 

Edit: I personally like both games, like I said I have 1800 hours in ARK. But both games revolve about different things.  

Edited by Willard

Don´t understand that fear about mega tribes. We never ate so many small fishs. Only the retards who thought they can try to fight us. And tbh the offline raiding shit was stupid for everyone. We wanna play that game too, without doing pvp all day long. So stop shit in ur pants and grow some balls. Megas don´t destroy the game lol

Bulletthing is just trolling. Regarding his posts in the forums since EA release, i highly doubt he even managed to build a 1x1 on his own.

Fun fact:

10/10 Atlas players are some pvp superheroes from Ark.

You´re just a good player, if the majority of the playerbase on a server knows your name. Well, never heard of this guy, except on the forums. Guess why.

On 3/25/2019 at 4:06 PM, Willard said:

Different kind of weapon doesn't bring more diversity man. ARK pvp is either about guns or about tames. Pace also doesn't bring any diversity. About drugs, u know there are "drugs" in Atlas too right? 

Atlas has smt ARK will never have, ship battles. Which is should be what Atlas pvp about. Noone plays Atlas for gunfights, there are tons of other and better games with this aspect. It´s just an addition to naval combat here. 

Edit: I personally like both games, like I said I have 1800 hours in ARK. But both games revolve about different things.  

Cough, rafts and motorboats? Ark has ships too.

And of course, different tames and items do bring more diversity. More choices to fight equal more diversity. Atlas land combat to me feels slow and sluggish. You have 2 options: bear or sniper. Only thing I recognize from Ark is bola and fire arrows that is worth a damn in Atlas land combat.

Atlas naval combat in my limited experience comes down to having more large cannons and just presing V and watch aimbot deliver insane shots at kilometers range. Have not tested large naval battles yet, but they ar not overly appealing to me anyway.

Edited by gnihar

On 3/25/2019 at 9:48 AM, baconfudge said:

did anybody suck at ARK

Never bothered with the ARK PvP because I knew I would suck at it and the cost of losing a high level tame was too high. And at the end of the day that is all ARK PvP was. Who had the highest quantity of high level dinosaurs. Because everything from combat to harvesting resources was purely about the tames. There was almost no point in character levels. The only real character skill involved was sniping.

My concern with Atlas is in how tame dependent it seems to become the further in you get. Once you have a bear, nobody wants to sickle down fiber. Once you have an elephant, no one wants to harvest wood. The tames are so superior in harvesting for production of ships and structures that not having them is essentially a non-starter. Heck, people won't even treasure hunt without a tame to do all the work of killing enemies for them. It's rather frustrating because I actually enjoy getting folks together and walking out with swords, guns, and bows to take down the damned.

23 hours ago, Dingiva said:

Bulletthing is just trolling. Regarding his posts in the forums since EA release, i highly doubt he even managed to build a 1x1 on his own.

Fun fact:

10/10 Atlas players are some pvp superheroes from Ark.

You´re just a good player, if the majority of the playerbase on a server knows your name. Well, never heard of this guy, except on the forums. Guess why.

I don't use this name ingame for various reasons that is why you haven't heard of me.

Edited by Bullet Force

On 3/21/2019 at 1:13 PM, Talono said:

Well this „fictional“ hardcore PVP fan group exists and i am one of them. But i think the OP is right, megas will settle on Colonies while small teams take Empire. Fully ok for me.

Yes, because all the 'hardcore PvP fans' enjoy playing on the dead server...  the reason most folks are going Colonies isnt necessarily about the rule-set, but because that is where they will find people to fight against, not Empires.

I am not intrested what the Mega tribes will do,  this game failed because of many game mechanics favour zerging. If you enjoy zerging and not having a challenge but just want to giggle how 100 vs 10 destroy everything and even find it entertaining i can only feel sorry for you. Only no skill gamers with 0 IQ join a zerg, if companies find ways to go around the alliance and Tribe limit i hope they will get banned and all their structures wil be removed. So ED i hope you guys will be banned asap if you contnue with your plans,  nothing personal but i dont like zerg mega tribes in any game.

I dont want Ark PvP 2.0 which was a terrible PvP scene with 0 skill req, many Ark mega tribes followed the Devs to this game but this game is better off they just go back to their Zerg wallhalla on Ark and leave this game asap. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tony.Macaroni said:

I am not intrested what the Mega tribes will do,  this game failed because of many game mechanics favour zerging. If you enjoy zerging and not having a challenge but just want to giggle how 100 vs 10 destroy everything and even find it entertaining i can only feel sorry for you. Only no skill gamers with 0 IQ join a zerg, if companies find ways to go around the alliance and Tribe limit i hope they will get banned and all their structures wil be removed. So ED i hope you guys will be banned asap if you contnue with your plans,  nothing personal but i dont like zerg mega tribes in any game.

I dont want Ark PvP 2.0 which was a terrible PvP scene with 0 skill req, many Ark mega tribes followed the Devs to this game but this game is better off they just go back to their Zerg wallhalla on Ark and leave this game asap. 

Maybe initial startup first season of the server did, because of development and megas, and others fine tuned what they where doing and liked over other mechanics. But your completely right. When the balance comes out, either this or the other server it might start changing. The devs also have to be careful not to make it in depth to ward off the greater player base. Its already done we know it, damage control now. Still its so EA but players appear to be really enjoying the whole PVE, and PVP aspect of the game, just fix what needs to be fixed and call them back.

Zerging does suck with numbers, however i must admit it is very difficult to get the whole "base defense" perfect when you got guys doing there own things, and not coming together. It was rather difficult to do the farming runs on different islands. Mega tribes won this hands down, because they established early on we need these supplies.